Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 33

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#405 : January 01, 2013, 08:45:27 PM

The reason you draft a guy at 5 is that he's a contributor. All we heard was how NFL ready he was, now he's young. He's a guy coming out who was a low instinct guy in the passing game without elite coverage ability. He's shown that. He's at his best attacking downhill and playing zones. In other words, exactly what you want to draft a guy in R3 to do.

Exactly my thoughts when we drafted him.  I think he compares very favorably to a guy like Jermaine "forearm" Philips, solid safety but a mid-round guy. Positional value of safety is such that you need an elite game-changer with coverage skills to be worth a premium pick.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#406 : January 01, 2013, 08:50:59 PM

Barron being a rookie is an excuse.

Actually that is not an excuse , it is a fact , simpy.

Here's the short version of crayons/construction paper for the simpleton:

Other top 15 picks, like Eric Berry and Earl Thomas, played better as rookies than Barron did.  Harrison Smith, who is a rookie, played better than Barron did this season.  They didn't need the excuse of rookie.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#407 : January 01, 2013, 08:53:30 PM

I'm being patient and trying not to judge, but I would have taken the 2nd best CB before I took a safety at #7. Unless that safety is a Ed Reed type freak....and I don't think anyone felt Barron was that type of guy. Love to be proven wrong, but if I was GM, Stephen Gilmore or Dre Kirkpatrick would probably be a Buc right now instead of Barron. We'll see in a few more years who is the better NFL player. Just too early to say right now.
: January 01, 2013, 08:56:36 PM JDouble

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#408 : January 01, 2013, 08:54:41 PM

Hey Doloris, do me a favor...k? Go out in the garage, grab the biggest hammer you can find, and then break your foot and knee. Then, in two years come back and tell me if you are 100% the same as you were before.

You don't want to do that? Oh...then STFU cause you are talking out your as$. You don't know anymore than I do how much those injuries have effected Grimm long term. Not everyone in the NFL is an Adrian Peterson cyborg.

Grimm clearly wasn't the same player after the injuries.  Anybody who isn't a simpleton could see that, but you're dealing with a simpleton in Delores.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#409 : January 01, 2013, 09:18:09 PM

We'll see in a few more years who is the better NFL player. Just too early to say right now.

this.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#410 : January 01, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Hey Doloris, do me a favor...k? Go out in the garage, grab the biggest hammer you can find, and then break your foot and knee. Then, in two years come back and tell me if you are 100% the same as you were before.

You don't want to do that? Oh...then STFU cause you are talking out your as$. You don't know anymore than I do how much those injuries have effected Grimm long term. Not everyone in the NFL is an Adrian Peterson cyborg.

Grimm clearly wasn't the same player after the injuries.  Anybody who isn't a simpleton could see that, but you're dealing with a simpleton in Delores.

Seems like Doloris has taken a few strikes to the dome with a hammer, rather than the foot or knee.

Poor guy. I doubt the "crayons/construction paper" version sticks.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#411 : January 01, 2013, 10:02:34 PM

Hahaha!

Seriously, the little guy is an absurd dunce. Just a frothing at the mouth poster.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#412 : January 01, 2013, 10:23:51 PM

I think its waaaay too early to crown either of them. Having been a Buc fan all my life, i'm used to seeing DBs not come into their own til year 3, even 4. I fully expect that with some legit help in the backfield, we'll see a different #24 next year....at least i hope so.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#413 : January 01, 2013, 10:26:18 PM

I think its waaaay too early to crown either of them. Having been a Buc fan all my life, i'm used to seeing DBs not come into their own til year 3, even 4. I fully expect that with some legit help in the backfield, we'll see a different #24 next year....at least i hope so.

Again, at #5 he should help THEM they should not be helping him. This is like the FReeman argument where people keep wanting to get him help when the good QB's make those around them better.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#414 : January 01, 2013, 10:27:26 PM

The reason you draft a guy at 5 is that he's a contributor. All we heard was how NFL ready he was, now he's young. He's a guy coming out who was a low instinct guy in the passing game without elite coverage ability. He's shown that. He's at his best attacking downhill and playing zones. In other words, exactly what you want to draft a guy in R3 to do.

Exactly my thoughts when we drafted him.  I think he compares very favorably to a guy like Jermaine "forearm" Philips, solid safety but a mid-round guy. Positional value of safety is such that you need an elite game-changer with coverage skills to be worth a premium pick.

LOL

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#415 : January 01, 2013, 10:35:17 PM

Lets revisit this in three years or so. Barron needs a supporting cast first, secondary was horrible this year

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#416 : January 01, 2013, 10:43:01 PM

Having been a Buc fan all my life, i'm used to seeing DBs not come into their own til year 3, even 4.

That's because we weren't spending premium picks on them

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#417 : January 01, 2013, 10:47:51 PM

not every rookie is an all pro.  heck, most arent.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#418 : January 01, 2013, 11:23:23 PM

Having been a Buc fan all my life, i'm used to seeing DBs not come into their own til year 3, even 4.

That's because we weren't spending premium picks on them

Did u expect him to step off the bus as the next Ed Reed?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#419 : January 01, 2013, 11:32:59 PM

not every rookie is an all pro.  heck, most arent.

So I guess asking a rookie who is a top 10 pick to be at least solid is out of the question?

Page: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools