Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW ENGLAND SPORTS RADIO « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Haymakers

Practice Squad

: November 02, 2012, 12:36:18 PM

Talk radio is going crazy up here about Talib! Its so funny to hear bucs talk up here but everyone up here is saying both teams made a great move. They keep reviewing his criminal record over and over and torturing him on it. It is definitely an upgrade for the pats but the fans dont want this guy long term. There is a show that is on everyday called the whiner line and all the calls are about Talib's mom being charged with him as well as aderoll jokes. This guy isnt gonna survive up here in a Boston market, so I wouldnt be surprised if he is forced to clean up his act up here or he will be gone. Just figured I would let everyone know whats going on up here. Go Bucs

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 02, 2012, 12:38:36 PM

What station? We can listen online.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 02, 2012, 12:39:33 PM

Interesting lol. I was just telling my Patriot fan friends about him and what to expect.   

Haymakers

Practice Squad

#3 : November 02, 2012, 12:40:51 PM

WEEI.COM  its out of Boston.   103.7 in Rhode Island.    They keep going between that and Celtics/Sox talk but all morning it has been Talib and the pats secondary

Haymakers

Practice Squad

#4 : November 02, 2012, 12:41:47 PM

It is also funny because it seems as if the fans up here and the Patriots organization speaks very highly of Schiano. It is probably the Rutgers-Pats relationship

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 02, 2012, 12:52:37 PM

I too am in New England. They have had non-stop coverage on NESN/Comcast regarding Talib. It is funny how much attention a guy like that gets when he moves to a team like the Pats.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 02, 2012, 01:26:01 PM

From my experiences, norther taxi drivers are slightly less pushovers. I hope he doesn't punch the wrong guy one night.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 02, 2012, 01:55:14 PM

I think it is a good trade for both teams.  NE will get a fourth rounder back on day one of the draft from somebody (because that's what Belli does) and Bucs got something in return for a guy they were going to let walk in a couple months.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 02, 2012, 01:58:41 PM

NE is a good spot for Talib, good structure, have leaders.

But I am still glad he is gone, and that 4th could be huge next april. Dom may want to move up again.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 02, 2012, 02:03:39 PM

My Pats buddy was checking to see if they played ATL so he could see the "good" Talib.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 02, 2012, 02:34:24 PM

I think it is a good trade for both teams.  NE will get a fourth rounder back on day one of the draft from somebody (because that's what Belli does) and Bucs got something in return for a guy they were going to let walk in a couple months.

agree.  i would have loved to keep him, but if he still cant be trusted...and still is not consistenly playing at a high level...

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 02, 2012, 09:17:06 PM

Who, on the defensive side of the ball, is gonna keep Talib in check?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 02, 2012, 09:23:55 PM

Who, on the defensive side of the ball, is gonna keep Talib in check?

Doesn't necessarily have to be a player....Belicheck strikes me as a guy who would say....ok Talib, you have a clean slate now, one screw-up and your gone.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 02, 2012, 09:31:45 PM

I'm sure that conversation will be had.....but your post mentioned good structure and leaders. The Vrabels, Bruschis, and Harrisons are gone and i'm wondering who has filled those spots?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 02, 2012, 09:47:22 PM

I'm sure that conversation will be had.....but your post mentioned good structure and leaders. The Vrabels, Bruschis, and Harrisons are gone and i'm wondering who has filled those spots?

Well I don't know the roster all that well, but Brady is there.  And IIRC Pepper Johnson coaches up there. Brandon Spikes is there also, I know that because he was a Florida guy.  And overall they have a lot more tenured guys than the Bucs. Bucs are still young, waiting for leaders to emerge.  Perhaps Foster, Barron, or maybe Gerald or Bowers?  We will see.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW ENGLAND SPORTS RADIO « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools