Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mitt Romney's failure was inevitable « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #105 : November 16, 2012, 03:46:08 PM »

Solving our problems isn't nearly as important as figuring out how to blame them on Bush.

You know, I just can't figure out why everyone thinks you're an extremist.

Everybody doesn't think I'm extremist. You cons on this MB do. Oh yeah. I forgot. You aren't a conservative.  ::)

I have to side with CBW on this.  Not EVERYBODY thinks he is an extremist. For example, he doesn't.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #106 : November 16, 2012, 03:56:48 PM »

I'm pro-choice and pro environment. I'm an agnostic with an extremely solid understanding of evolution. It must be my belief that a man should work for what he gets instead of suckling the government teat that has you labeling me conservative.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #107 : November 16, 2012, 04:09:26 PM »

So your solution to resolving the deficit is to essentially raise taxes by a $trillion a year. In short a 30% increase for everyone? Did you consider the impact that might have?

No, it isn't to raise taxes by a trillion a year. That won't even be necessary 2-4 years from now. By that time, we will likely be looking at a 600 billion dollar deficit as opposed to a 1.3 trillion dollar one. Ending the payroll tax holiday will shave an additional 115 billion from the deficit. If you cut the military budget by 20%, that takes an additional 150 billion off the deficit.  Tweeks to Medicare already being proposed by the Obama administration, combined with raising the eligibility age from 65 to 67 would add another 50 billion yearly. Raising the top two income tax bracket rates to the Clinton levels will generate an additional 50 billion yearly in revenue. A scheduled increase to the estate tax will generate an additional 30 billion. All combined, by 2014, we could be looking at a 200 to 300 billion dollar deficit. You can easily eliminate that much in deductions without harming the middle class, or risk the economy falling into the abyss.

mwk

Practice Squad

« #108 : November 16, 2012, 04:20:37 PM »

So your solution to resolving the deficit is to essentially raise taxes by a $trillion a year. In short a 30% increase for everyone? Did you consider the impact that might have?
A scheduled increase to the estate tax will generate an additional 30 billion.

Just a quick question, How many times should a family have to pay for their farm?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/16/ranchers-farmers-brace-for-death-tax-impact/

mwk

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #109 : November 16, 2012, 05:56:22 PM »

No, it isn't to raise taxes by a trillion a year. That won't even be necessary 2-4 years from now. By that time, we will likely be looking at a 600 billion dollar deficit as opposed to a 1.3 trillion dollar one. Ending the payroll tax holiday will shave an additional 115 billion from the deficit. If you cut the military budget by 20%, that takes an additional 150 billion off the deficit.  Tweeks to Medicare already being proposed by the Obama administration, combined with raising the eligibility age from 65 to 67 would add another 50 billion yearly. Raising the top two income tax bracket rates to the Clinton levels will generate an additional 50 billion yearly in revenue. A scheduled increase to the estate tax will generate an additional 30 billion. All combined, by 2014, we could be looking at a 200 to 300 billion dollar deficit. You can easily eliminate that much in deductions without harming the middle class, or risk the economy falling into the abyss.

I guess that answers the question about what cuts you would be willing to make. None except the military.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/charleskadlec/2012/07/16/the-dangerous-myth-about-the-bill-clinton-tax-increase/

Speaking at a fund raiser in 1995, President Clinton said:  ”Probably there are people in this room still mad at me at that budget because you think I raised your taxes too much. It might surprise you to know that I think I raised them too much, too.”

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #110 : November 16, 2012, 06:04:47 PM »

You cannot be surprised Spartan.  And for all those who didn't know the ultimate cost of Barrycare - get with CBW.  He will be happy to blow sunshin... errr outline it for you.  Ignore the doubling that has occurred since passage, the taxes it brings and the tax that wasn't that now is. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #111 : November 16, 2012, 07:19:39 PM »

You cannot be surprised Spartan.  And for all those who didn't know the ultimate cost of Barrycare - get with CBW.  He will be happy to blow sunshin... errr outline it for you.  Ignore the doubling that has occurred since passage, the taxes it brings and the tax that wasn't that now is.

You know, if I had a bit more money in the bank and bit more ammo :) I would be tempted to say screw it. Let the democrats pass whatever they like then in 4 years look back and say how's that working out for you. Of course I am concerned that we would be past the point of recovery by then so it sounds great in theory ......

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #112 : November 16, 2012, 08:04:17 PM »

I'm pro-choice and pro environment. I'm an agnostic with an extremely solid understanding of evolution. It must be my belief that a man should work for what he gets instead of suckling the government teat that has you labeling me conservative.

I'm against the patriot act , I favor gay marriage , I favor a non-interventionist foriegn policy , I favor the legalization of drugs , I favor seperation of church and state . It must be my belief that a man should work for what he gets instead of suckling the government teat that has him labeling me conservative.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #113 : November 16, 2012, 08:24:18 PM »

I guess that answers the question about what cuts you would be willing to make. None except the military.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/charleskadlec/2012/07/16/the-dangerous-myth-about-the-bill-clinton-tax-increase/

Speaking at a fund raiser in 1995, President Clinton said:  ”Probably there are people in this room still mad at me at that budget because you think I raised your taxes too much. It might surprise you to know that I think I raised them too much, too.”
Of course he can't name anything besides military . He's a nanny stater .

His been scouring the internet for 3 days now , dodging my question all the while , looking for a leftist solution to the debt crisis and this was the best he could come up with , lol. A "possible" 300 billion dollar deficit if all the government's bullsh!t projections come true for once ,  no additional spending finds it way into the budget , and all the other tax hikes work seamlessly with absolutely no economic side effects.

Yes folks. We are doomed.

Anyone want to place a little wager that we aren't anywhere near a 300 billion dollar deficit by 2014.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #114 : November 16, 2012, 08:29:54 PM »

Anyone want to place a little wager that w/ have an Alex Jones nut job in our midst...

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #115 : November 16, 2012, 08:39:23 PM »

Alex Jones may have been a little over the top over the years but there is no denying he was ahead of the curve. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #116 : November 16, 2012, 08:52:56 PM »

Anyone want to place a little wager that w/ have an Alex Jones nut job in our midst...

Anyone want to place a little wager on how long it will be before Durango says something completely ignorant again like , "libertarians are socially conservative" ?

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #117 : November 16, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »

Don't get me wrong I am a supporter of your posts but I am not a fan of you creeping on my every word.

Now go wash some dishes, it's the dinner hour and the customers need clean silverware.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #118 : November 16, 2012, 09:00:59 PM »

Don't get me wrong I am a supporter of your posts but I am not a fan of you creeping on my every word.

Now go wash some dishes, it's the dinner hour and the customers need clean silverware.
I thought you were above it all.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #119 : November 17, 2012, 07:06:10 AM »

What, not conservative enough for you? I guess that makes me a radical left-wing extremist. Anything not conservative seems to be labeled as radical, left-wing extremism on this MB. Hell, I'd imagine Dwight Eisenhower is probably the American equivalent to Mao Zedong to you folks.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mitt Romney's failure was inevitable « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools