Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: just legalize it already « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: November 12, 2012, 04:16:50 PM

My "sources" tell me we'll be seeing drug policy reform during prez Obama's second term. We've already seen two states legalize marijuana for personal use and the state attorney in Washington has said he will not prosecute current violations of possession that fall under an ounce and dismiss cases of the same violation.
The federal govt has authority to override states rights but b/c the people have spoken, don't look for Obama to intervene.
Legalizing marijuana at the fed level would open the door for huge tax potentials along the lines of tobacco and alcohol tax revenue as well as deliver a huge blow to mexico's drug cartels that provides over 80% of the marijuana that u.s. citizens blaze up.
I predict every state outside the bible belt will fold like dominoes on this issue within 4 yrs while the confederacy stands defiantly, while drinking heavily and ushering in civil war part duece.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : November 12, 2012, 04:26:01 PM

My "sources" dealers tell me we'll be seeing drug policy reform during prez Obama's second term.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 12, 2012, 06:51:34 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ethan-nadelmann/obama-marijuana_b_1546921.html

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 12, 2012, 07:04:18 PM

My "sources" dealers tell me we'll be seeing drug policy reform during prez Obama's second term.
lol, how'd you guess?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 12, 2012, 07:19:47 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ethan-nadelmann/obama-marijuana_b_1546921.html
sounds about right. Obama was swaying the fence on homo marriage before committing at the most opportune time and now that he's been elected for a 2nd term, we'll be seeing more aggressiveness from Obama on social issues like legalizing marijuana.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 12, 2012, 10:01:42 PM

i think legalizing marijuana would do wonders for our country.  positively.  but big govt will never allow it, not with big pharma and the war on drugs.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 13, 2012, 07:50:55 AM

but big govt will never allow it, not with big pharma and the war on drugs.

Thats my thoughts as well. Colorado and Washington legalizing it, is a huge step..

I told my buddy the other day we'll see a federal law change before you see any medical marijuana dispensary's in Florida.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 13, 2012, 07:53:17 AM

Legalizing marijuana at the fed level would open the door for huge tax potentials along the lines of tobacco and alcohol tax revenue as well as deliver a huge blow to mexico's drug cartels that provides over 80% of the marijuana that u.s. citizens blaze up.

People who can't see that money directly goes to the cartels is a fool..

Dreadheads pick up a brick of mids from the Mexicans.. Triples money on brick.. Cycle continues...

America could be the Kush capitol, keeping and taxing our goods.. And even exporting it.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

jbear

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 13, 2012, 10:23:57 AM

My "sources" tell me we'll be seeing drug policy reform during prez Obama's second term. We've already seen two states legalize marijuana for personal use and the state attorney in Washington has said he will not prosecute current violations of possession that fall under an ounce and dismiss cases of the same violation.
The federal govt has authority to override states rights but b/c the people have spoken, don't look for Obama to intervene.
I predict every state outside the bible belt will fold like dominoes on this issue within 4 yrs while the confederacy stands defiantly, while drinking heavily and ushering in civil war part duece.

Thanks most racist person I know.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 13, 2012, 11:32:28 AM

aahhhhhh, the smell of tangy bitterness in the morning...better than folgers.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 13, 2012, 11:57:58 AM

Make sure you eat that broccoli at school lunch.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 13, 2012, 12:13:00 PM

Make sure you eat that broccoli at school lunch.
right on cue. I'm beginning to think you and jbear wake up in the same bed..not that there's anything wrong with that.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 13, 2012, 03:05:33 PM

I dont even know what you girls are arguing about. I think both of ya'll need to light up..

You can tell I just got home..

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 14, 2012, 02:01:12 AM

i think legalizing marijuana would do wonders for our country.  positively.  but big govt will never allow it, not with big pharma and the war on drugs.

this is all that matters. Theyve got the market cornered on pushing legal drugs. They sped billions to keep it that way and to keep the drug money rolling. They go as far as to offer bonus $$$ to doctors who perscribe the pills...even if they arent needed. Thats why pain management clinics arent being shut down despite perscribing pills at ridiculous numbers that any human shouldnt consume regardless of their condition.

Until they arent part of the government, it wont be part of federal policy. The war on drugs has always been a facade and will have no effect though.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 14, 2012, 01:17:07 PM

The federal govt has authority to override states rights

WHAAAAAT??????

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: just legalize it already « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools