Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 15, 2012, 02:15:59 AM

I don't think following the Eagles plan to glory is a very good idea at this point. They are going down the crapper with all those CB's they have got there. You would not want to tie up all that cap space on one position. Old Cb's are never a great idea. You should always draft DB's....always....

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 15, 2012, 07:05:26 AM

Gotta hope Eric wright starts earning his money and pair him with a #1 draft pick. Leonard Johnson becomes the nickel , and that could become a decent secondary.
He played the same way for Cleveland and Detroit - we can hope... but... history isn't on our side

Agreed but we are married to the bum now , at least for one more season I would think.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 15, 2012, 07:08:08 AM

Wright was actually pretty good for Cleveland till his last year there.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#33 : November 15, 2012, 10:18:12 AM

I don't think following the Eagles plan to glory is a very good idea at this point. They are going down the crapper with all those CB's they have got there. You would not want to tie up all that cap space on one position. Old Cb's are never a great idea. You should always draft DB's....always....

Sometimes it works out. GreenBay signed Woodson after several years in Oakland and hit the jackpot. He was a big contributor to their SuperBowl run and won defensive MVP if I remember correctly.
For the most part I agree though, better to go young with DBs

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#34 : November 15, 2012, 12:35:11 PM

All this early speculation makes me a little crazy, I must admit.  I'm in the boat of wishful thinkers waiting to see how LJohnson and La'Quan Lewis perform in the final games.  I'd like to see us stay young at corner, unless we can get a good price, which just doesn't happen for good talent.  It's been unfortunate to maybe not get our money's worth out of Wright, and the character concerns are frustrating, when the rest of the building seems headed in the right direction.  Also sad to hear from you who follow draft stuff more closely, that this year when we most need CB in the draft, it sounds thin at that position. 

JM2

Pro Bowler

#35 : November 15, 2012, 01:01:03 PM

My understanding is that the strength of this year's draft class is CB.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#36 : November 15, 2012, 01:08:06 PM

First I've heard of that...if correct, that's great news for matching up with our most glaring weakness. 

I've seen a few posters mention the desire for another Dom Double Dip at CB this year, and I'm going to say at this point, that I am against it.  If LJ can continue to shine, then I would be down for a high CB pick (1st or 2nd) and maybe one later in the draft.  We still need to shore up other roster spots, but if LJ declines, then I'd have to say "all in" with two high CB draftees.  Don't break the bank on a FA pickup.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 15, 2012, 01:43:05 PM

CB is of decent strength...but DE, DT, and OLB are much stronger IMO.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 15, 2012, 01:45:46 PM

I wouldn't say "strength" I'd say depth. There are a lot of good CBs coming out, but none are elite or great. IOW no Hadins or Revises but a lot of Wrights and Cromarties

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 15, 2012, 02:19:31 PM

There are a lot of good CBs coming out, but none are elite or great. IOW no Hadins or Revises but a lot of Wrights and Cromarties

revis wasnt drafted until 14...was he considered elite coming out?  haden is good, but is he elite?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 15, 2012, 02:46:35 PM

There are a lot of good CBs coming out, but none are elite or great. IOW no Hadins or Revises but a lot of Wrights and Cromarties

revis wasnt drafted until 14...was he considered elite coming out?  haden is good, but is he elite?

It's rare when a DB is considered elite straight out of school. He was regarded as the best DE in the class, IIRC, but probably no one would have guessed that in a few short years he would be the leagues best CB.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools