Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: boycott walmart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 16, 2012, 09:02:41 AM

I do agree that Walmart gets over on their employees and taxpayers. I have heard more than once Walmart actually encourages their employees to file for government assistance because they don't want to pay benefits. I hate how they treat customers by having twenty registers and have four open although that seems to be a trend now. I don't see anything happening because customers will continue shopping there regardless of business practices.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#16 : November 16, 2012, 09:14:42 AM

For someone who is actually in favor of things like health care reform, this Walmart strike crap is absurd. How dare idiots who CHOOSE to apply and subsequentially get hired by Walmart start demanding these unrealistic things from a company that I love consuming from.

This country will take another nasty step back if they give into this **CENSORED**amimy BS.

You don't like your job at Walmart, then quit and find something else.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 16, 2012, 11:16:38 AM

It is pretty simple really. If you don't like Walmart don't shop there and don't work there. As long as their business model continues to work, they will continue with it.

I can sympathize, I have been on the butt side of crappy senior management as much as anyone. But the answer isn't going on strike. Especially now. For one the economy sucks, and two, twinkies anyone?

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 16, 2012, 11:35:46 AM

It is pretty simple really. If you don't like Walmart don't shop there and don't work there. As long as their business model continues to work, they will continue with it.

I can sympathize, I have been on the butt side of crappy senior management as much as anyone. But the answer isn't going on strike. Especially now. For one the economy sucks, and two, twinkies anyone?

Yeah I was ready that yesterday. What really sucks is the union heads are more than likely well off financially and its the workers who got #$ucked. I am certain Hostess is going to move to Mexico or somewhere overseas. If they close all together is it is even more sad. I grew up eating those things.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#19 : November 16, 2012, 11:41:15 AM

I do agree that Walmart gets over on their employees and taxpayers. I have heard more than once Walmart actually encourages their employees to file for government assistance because they don't want to pay benefits. I hate how they treat customers by having twenty registers and have four open although that seems to be a trend now. I don't see anything happening because customers will continue shopping there regardless of business practices.

They built Targets for your kind.

Anyone who walks into Walmart expecting superb and quick cust. svc is dillusional. I personally like the way no one bothers me at Walmart. Every now and then you have to wait in a long line.

At the end of the day, that place saves me a **CENSORED**-ton of money.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 16, 2012, 11:45:59 AM

I remember the target guy from last year complaining he had to work on thanksgiving or some crap. Bottom line is, no one is forcing you to work there. I wish some management people would grow balls and fire people like this.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#21 : November 16, 2012, 11:56:32 AM

They built Targets for your kind.

Anyone who walks into Walmart expecting superb and quick cust. svc is dillusional. I personally like the way no one bothers me at Walmart. Every now and then you have to wait in a long line.

At the end of the day, that place saves me a **CENSORED**-ton of money.

My kind? Seriously dude? Before ranting with your spaced sentences try to follow the topic.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#22 : November 16, 2012, 12:10:27 PM

Never thought SPACED sentences irked people.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 16, 2012, 12:21:19 PM

I counted 7 Obama votes in this picture alone. No wonder he won...

Say that to a black mans face.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#24 : November 16, 2012, 12:26:08 PM

About 5 years ago, I knew a guy who was a regional manager for Walmart.   He was in charge of all of southern china.    Dude had a pretty good salary.    So Walmart does treat some of it's employees well.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 16, 2012, 12:43:59 PM

Ron Paul likes this thread.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#26 : November 16, 2012, 01:21:53 PM

Never thought SPACED sentences irked people.

You missed it again.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : November 16, 2012, 07:31:37 PM

Isn't this an ironic picture?

mwk

Rather than signs that say "I want to work Full Time", I think more appropriate signs should read "I want Full Benefits".     

It's not just Walmart doing this.   It's most companies around the world.    ExxonMobil does the same thing.   In the past, they hired people and those people spent 20 years with the company getting full benefits then retired with a pension.   Now, they try to hire mostly "contractors" who get no benefits and no pension.    About the only place you can get a pension anymore is from the government, and the way things are going  the government soon won't have any money to pay those pensions.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 16, 2012, 07:54:36 PM

I counted 7 Obama votes in this picture alone. No wonder he won...

Say that to a black mans face.

Say what ? That I saw a picture on the internet with Obama voters in it ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 16, 2012, 07:59:09 PM

This is all a cover up.  Most of those people in that pic are just suspended for calling the girl in the middle "Tattoo".
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: boycott walmart « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools