Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No more Twinkies « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#75 : November 21, 2012, 08:44:56 PM

What do you do when the company means what is says and a bankruptcy judge approves liquidation?  You say "oops," union style:

"The union said in a court filing that its sole objective was to leave Hostess with "a real, rather than an illusory or theoretical, likelihood of establishing a stable business with secure jobs."

Union president Frank Hurt was not immediately available for comment.

"This is truly a sad day for thousands of families affected by the closing of this company," said Teamsters General Secretary-Treasurer Ken Hall in a statement. "I want to assure our members that despite this outcome, they do not stand alone and their union will continue to work on their behalf to help them find new employment."

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#76 : November 22, 2012, 09:01:59 AM

John Galt? noted a business owner cannot be forced to stay in business.  Strange to watch this happen.  Not the first time - won't be the last.  Unions have seen this coming which is the reason for the fight for Governmental employees to become unionized. 

And what a terrible outcome at any time of year, but particularly Thanksgiving...
: November 22, 2012, 10:09:46 AM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#77 : November 22, 2012, 10:43:29 AM

Brace yourselves. He's coming....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#78 : November 23, 2012, 02:22:51 PM

John Galt? noted a business owner cannot be forced to stay in business.  Strange to watch this happen.  Not the first time - won't be the last.  Unions have seen this coming which is the reason for the fight for Governmental employees to become unionized. 

And what a terrible outcome at any time of year, but particularly Thanksgiving...

I agree the timing sucks. Damn shame

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#79 : November 23, 2012, 02:23:13 PM

Brace yourselves. He's coming....

LOL

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No more Twinkies « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools