Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN First Take: Josh Freeman or Cam Newton? 11/16 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 16, 2012, 07:20:31 PM

Also, Steven A. Smith was probably the biggest jerk I ever had the displeasure of working with outside of Bubba the Love Sponge.

Had tix to a live Steven A show when i was in NYC some yrs ago. It got cancelled due to a baseball gm going into extra innings so Smith offered us tix to another show. I told him we couldn't accept because we were from outta state, he then wrote a note for us to take down to the restaurant in the same bldg letting them know to give us the dinner of our choosing.... on him. He definitely wasn't a jerk to the six of us.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 16, 2012, 07:31:25 PM

Also, Steven A. Smith was probably the biggest jerk I ever had the displeasure of working with outside of Bubba the Love Sponge.

Had tix to a live Steven A show when i was in NYC some yrs ago. It got cancelled due to a baseball gm going into extra innings so Smith offered us tix to another show. I told him we couldn't accept because we were from outta state, he then wrote a note for us to take down to the restaurant in the same bldg letting them know to give us the dinner of our choosing.... on him. He definitely wasn't a jerk to the six of us.

I ran into him in D1ck's Sporting Goods up at Citrus Park a few months back.  We chatted for 10 minutes about the store's poor selection of athletes on the walls of the footwear section.  Guy was cool as hell.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : November 16, 2012, 07:38:34 PM

Sad thing about this is Skip is the worst analyst to evaluate QB's, ever.

He's the main one supporting Freeman in this video.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 16, 2012, 08:28:11 PM

Hard to imagine, but I think Stephen A and Bayless both made some good points. Jaws summed it up perfectly though IMO.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 16, 2012, 08:59:27 PM

Screw Herm!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 16, 2012, 09:02:56 PM

Hard to imagine, but I think Stephen A and Bayless both made some good points. Jaws summed it up perfectly though IMO.

I love Jaws. He is definitely one of my favorite analysts. Enjoyed what he had to say about Freeman earlier in the week on M&M.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 16, 2012, 09:40:45 PM

Glad to hear you guys had good experiences with Steven A.  :)

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 16, 2012, 10:09:34 PM

I love Jaws. He is definitely one of my favorite analysts. Enjoyed what he had to say about Freeman earlier in the week on M&M.

I'll have to check that out on the podcast.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 17, 2012, 03:44:20 AM

Screw Herm!!

HELLO!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 17, 2012, 07:30:57 AM

I'll have to check that out on the podcast.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8622983

Go to the 11:40ish mark.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 17, 2012, 08:48:01 AM

He may have been nice to you.. But in my honest opinion(and I have one on the subject because I watch, discuss, and read all things sports). That man is backwards, RACIST, and knows absolutely nothing about football. That discussion on black qb's the other day was nauseating. He's a race baiter and quiet frankly I think his style is oppressive to blacks.

Oh its also really annoying he thinks every NBA player is his best friend.

This guy...

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#26 : November 17, 2012, 08:49:56 AM

He may have been nice to you.. But in my honest opinion(and I have one on the subject because I watch, discuss, and read all things sports). That man is backwards, RACIST, and knows absolutely nothing about football. That discussion on black qb's the other day was nauseating. He's a race baiter and quiet frankly I think his style is oppressive to blacks.

Agree.  He's a worthless commentator and a blatant racist.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 17, 2012, 08:58:29 AM

Herm, Panthers didn't change anything.

Ms Elam

Starter

#28 : November 17, 2012, 09:03:47 AM

I don't think he's a racist. From what I can tell from watching the show, him and skip(a white guy) have been best friends for decades. I just think he is very honest about racial issues and he doesn't sugar coat it.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 17, 2012, 09:03:56 AM

Dont be so hard on yourself man

This guy...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN First Take: Josh Freeman or Cam Newton? 11/16 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools