Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Bucs offer QB Josh Freeman a contract extension? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

sandogbuc

Second String

#15 : November 17, 2012, 10:07:08 AM

I think it depends on Freeman and his agent, if they give the Bucs a cap friendly deal in the first couple of years then he'll get extended. If they demand top 5 QB money the Bucs will make him play out the final year of his deal and franchise him.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 17, 2012, 10:10:44 AM

I want Chris Simms back

With this supporting cast?   Not a bad idea.   He'd light it up.

or getting balls batted by the pvc dummies!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 17, 2012, 10:27:15 AM

I think Freeman may have earned an extension with his play the last 5 games, but I agree with Casserly that there is no reason to extend him midseason.

Yep, Casserly said it exactly right

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 17, 2012, 11:37:09 AM

Does this question even need to be asked? Yes we extend him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 17, 2012, 11:41:59 AM

Probably should do it soon before his numbers get out of hand. He's only 24 and getting better. Yes you extend him as soon as you can.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 17, 2012, 12:12:36 PM

how is this even a question?

It was a question going into the season, but shouldn't be one now. Josh has two decent seasons under his belt - the bad one can be chalked up to bad coaching and a bad team.

Good QBs aren't easy to find in this league.  He's good and worth an extension. He's also a quality individual.

Wow, I completely agree with Morgan. Good post.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 17, 2012, 12:22:00 PM

Probably should do it soon before his numbers get out of hand. He's only 24 and getting better. Yes you extend him as soon as you can.

I agree with this. I am concerned that if he keeps up his breakneck pace this year his numbers could be staggering. I am kind of concerned about him up and leaving for a team willing to pay him whatever he wants. Josh has been on record as being a huge Kansas City Chiefs fan growing up, and always dreamed of playing for the Chiefs.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#22 : November 17, 2012, 01:55:48 PM

I don't know that Free jumps ship, though.  Hard to say, as he did get a little **CENSORED**y after his good year in 2010.  Hopefully he is smart enough to stay where he has a chance at winning, and great coaching to boot.  I agree with Casserly that we don't extend him during the season, keep that distraction out of it, wait till after the season, or at least until our playoff chances run out, though I think we are going to surprise some people.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : November 17, 2012, 01:58:57 PM

Knock on wood, Freeman seems to be resistant to injury (other than those caused by handguns).....unlike many of the other NFL QBs who get injured on a reg basis.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#24 : November 17, 2012, 02:16:07 PM

Why even mention something like that?  Don't jynx it, I really don't want to see Dan O. in there.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 17, 2012, 05:46:40 PM

Why even mention something like that?  Don't jynx it, I really don't want to see Dan O. in there.

Dan O = old school yucs again.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 17, 2012, 05:57:13 PM

It was a question going into the season, but shouldn't be one now. Josh has two decent seasons under his belt - the bad one can be chalked up to bad coaching and a bad team.

Good QBs aren't easy to find in this league.  He's good and worth an extension. He's also a quality individual.

I think someone has his login...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#27 : November 17, 2012, 06:03:49 PM

Knock on wood, Freeman seems to be resistant to injury (other than those caused by handguns).....unlike many of the other NFL QBs who get injured on a reg basis.

You don't think whether a QB is injury prone is part of the extension equation?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 17, 2012, 06:06:59 PM

I think someone has his login...

She's good for 1 every couple weeks or so.

-------------------------------------------------------

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#29 : November 18, 2012, 01:00:06 PM

Yeah Morgan, I think you are right, about the injury situation, Free has always been a healthy guy, I just want that to continue.  We definitely extend #5, the only question is when.  Dom is tied to Josh even if he was "Rah's" boy. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Bucs offer QB Josh Freeman a contract extension? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools