Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominant D-Line « previous next »
Page: 1

MasterC25

Starter
: November 19, 2012, 01:42:55 AM

Our D-Line is growing up right in front of our eyes. Bennett is a pro bowler. Mccoy is as disruptive as they get at DT (by they way talk about hustle Mccoy doesnt get tired hustles all game it is amazing to watch), Roy Miller is a Beast at nose. Bowers(Great Bull rush sack) and Te'o are improving every week and I can bet that Bowers is probably at only 80% in terms of full health. Even Aaron Morgan yes... Aaron Morgan beat Jordan Gross on a sweet speed rush and amazing get off, before colliding with Bennett and missing out on a sack. Gibson has been steady as a backup NT and the best complement I can give to him is there is no drop off when he is in the game a true vet.

Next Year this group will be scary. Schiano has these boys hunting. With a complete group rotation and Clayborn back look out!! I was thinking we may need to dip into the draft for another d-lineman but now Im under the impression we have a surplus of talent there they just need to blossom and under the guidance of coach Schiano I have no doubt they will.

I also think a nice low profile move this off season would be to pick up Glen Dorsey as a back up 3tech get him in shape and revive his career. He can be what Okoye was suppose to be.

Juno

Starter
#1 : November 19, 2012, 06:15:18 AM

I would be in favor of grabbing Dorsey.  However, I still think more talent is needed on the d-line.  I would not be surprised at all to see them grab a d-lineman with their first round pick...maybe a Kawann Short as a backup to McCoy or a a NT to upgrade Miller's spot.  This line's talent has nothing on the Buc's line from the Super Bowl years. 

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 19, 2012, 07:41:04 AM

We need a solid 9 man rotation to take the pressure off the CB's and we are slowly getting there.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 19, 2012, 07:52:58 AM

Yeah we could use an upgrade over Roy Miller. And that's not a bad thing on Roy's part. He has played well and has done everything we've asked, I just think we could get a better interior rush from a different player. In the first round though, eh probably not...

We need some secondary help that's for sure. FS and a couple of young talented corners need to be in the draft plan.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominant D-Line « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools