Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Maryland, Rutgers to Big Ten « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 22, 2012, 08:33:22 AM

USF is probably fourth on the ACC list right now, assuming it doesn't completely collapse.  Louisville is probably first, UConn second, Cincinnati and then USF.  I forgot, add Pitt and Syracuse to the sweating schools list as well.

USF wouldnt get in until FSU leaves, if ever.

USF doesnt have the academic prestige or success in sports(basketball) that the ACC craves. the UNC and DUke crowd care about academics and basketball more than anything else and USF doesnt currently fit the bill. FSU is the second lowest in academic rating and we are in the top 100 in the country. i think USF was listed around 200. the tobacco road crew want to be the ivy league of the mid atlantic

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 22, 2012, 05:24:31 PM

Im not sure these conferences gives 2 **CENSORED**s about anything anymore other than money.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 23, 2012, 08:50:31 PM

USF is probably fourth on the ACC list right now, assuming it doesn't completely collapse.  Louisville is probably first, UConn second, Cincinnati and then USF.  I forgot, add Pitt and Syracuse to the sweating schools list as well.

USF wouldnt get in until FSU leaves, if ever.

USF doesnt have the academic prestige or success in sports(basketball) that the ACC craves. the UNC and DUke crowd care about academics and basketball more than anything else and USF doesnt currently fit the bill. FSU is the second lowest in academic rating and we are in the top 100 in the country. i think USF was listed around 200. the tobacco road crew want to be the ivy league of the mid atlantic

First off, all this is happening with the assumption that FSU is jumping.  Otherwise they'd just chill.  And the academics doesn't matter all that much anymore if they're considering Louisville, UConn and Cincy. 

And regarding the money.  You can replace conferences with ANYTHING.  Colleges are a business (the entire university, not just the athletics), sports organizations like the NFL are all about money.  Saying things are about money is like saying the sky is blue.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 24, 2012, 06:43:54 AM

I hate the idea of these superconferences. IMO, it's ruining the game. Very good article about this from Dennis Dodd:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/dennis-dodd/21073271/the-crass-thoughtless-reorganization-of-college-sports

The college game has been ruined for awhile. The superconferences may finally kill it.

All this crap is totally unnecessary. This jumping around is about nothing else but greed. Period.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 24, 2012, 06:49:14 PM

I agree, it's all about greed.  Florida State should have never killed the Metro Conference by jumping to the ACC.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Maryland, Rutgers to Big Ten « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools