Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ron pauls farewell afdress « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 17, 2012, 03:42:14 PM

A true american hero . Why can't we have more "extremists" like Paul  , and less teat suckling cowards like CBW ?

Coming from you, I consider this a compliment.

The hero worship of Ron Paul among Libertarians often boarders on cultism. Is he a politician, or is he your messiah?

I didn't hear this speech but I have heard him speak before. I like what he had to say for the most part but I don't consider him a "messiah". I'd call Obama that before I'd ever call Ron Paul one. Obama uses a lot of group think in his speeches. A lot more cult like than anything I've ever heard before. At least more so than the speeches I've heard by Paul.

I don't think I've seen any but a scant few ever view the president in the same light as Libertarians view Ron Paul. He is literally treated as a God-like figure among a large segment of Libertarians. Nobody is right about 100% of things 100% of the time, but don't dare make that claim about Ron Paul to a Libertarian.

That said, I happen to have a great deal of respect for the guy. The biggest amount of praise I'm willing to give to any politician is to say that they are/were a statesman. A person who approached governance with wisdom and put love country before all else in his public service. While I certainly don't agree with Ron Paul on a whole myriad of issues, I do consider him to have been a statesman, and I think the Republican party will lose a very important voice with him out of the picture.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 17, 2012, 04:30:01 PM

A true american hero . Why can't we have more "extremists" like Paul  , and less teat suckling cowards like CBW ?

Coming from you, I consider this a compliment.

The hero worship of Ron Paul among Libertarians often boarders on cultism. Is he a politician, or is he your messiah?

I didn't hear this speech but I have heard him speak before. I like what he had to say for the most part but I don't consider him a "messiah". I'd call Obama that before I'd ever call Ron Paul one. Obama uses a lot of group think in his speeches. A lot more cult like than anything I've ever heard before. At least more so than the speeches I've heard by Paul.

I don't think I've seen any but a scant few ever view the president in the same light as Libertarians view Ron Paul. He is literally treated as a God-like figure among a large segment of Libertarians. Nobody is right about 100% of things 100% of the time, but don't dare make that claim about Ron Paul to a Libertarian.

He is the only guy holding office we have . What do you expect ?  lol

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 18, 2012, 10:04:35 AM

Regardless of your position on Ron Paul as a candidate, it is hard to dislike the man and hard, frankly, to disagree with much in that speech.If nothing else Ron Paul will retire as a shining example of the strnaglehold that both the Deomcractic and Republican parties have on the electoral process. 

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ron pauls farewell afdress « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools