Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Philadelphia Game Sold out, Ticket rep "feels good" about Falcons this week « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#60 : November 22, 2012, 08:34:39 AM

Interesting there are more tickets available for the Patriots at Jets Turkey game than for our game, according to ESPN...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule

It's not really that interesting, truthfully. It's just not talked about that much. Teams all around the league are having trouble, a lot of trouble, selling tickets. Whenever you get a chance, try to look at the upper level attendance at a televised game. It will likely resemble a Bucs home game. Ive been paying attention to other teams' crowds over the past several weeks and was surprised to see Bucs games seem to have a HIGHER attendance rate, in most cases, than many other teams. Cleveland, Miami, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Tennessee,  Carolina, Oakland, San Diego, Arizona, DALLAS, Jacksonville, PHILADELPHIA, NyJets. Now its a rough visual estimate, but these are all teams I've observed, in recent weeks, have a LOWER attendance rate than our Bucs. Of course, a prime time game between the Ravens and Steelers in Pittsburg would be an example of an exception.

Take a look at last weeks Bucs game for example. There is absolutely no way the Carolina Panthers sold that game out.  In fact, there seemed to more red jerseys than black in some sections. Yet, the Carolina Panthers (and other teams) seem to avoid blackouts on a weekly basis. IMO, it boils down to a bad economy.

What would be interesting would be if the media talking heads in this area and around the country, instead of bashing the Buccaneer fan base, would talk about why the Bucs games are continually blacked out while other teams continue to have the luxury of having their games seen on TV, even though their fans don't attend home games.

I read somewhere that it was an issue of corporate sponsorship, I read somewhere else that it was an issue of network sponsorship. I wish the media would make light of this issue, instead of bashing a fan base that has its loyal fans.

jovy_t

Rookie

#61 : November 22, 2012, 09:01:30 AM

I'll be at this game.  I bought my tickets back in September after the Giants game.  I usually like to make it to at least 1 or 2 games every season but last year I was in Sumatra for the whole season but this year I'm home for about 5.5 weeks.  Buying $100 tickets on an Indonesian salary.  I just had to cut out a few nights of entertainment and beer and the cash was there.  I'd like to do more but this will have to do.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#62 : November 22, 2012, 09:02:31 AM

Gruden took over a team that had HOF talent. A great HC, hell even a good HC would have added a few pieces and built on that.

Then I would assume Dungy...either a good or great coach by your standards....would have done so.

For the record, Gruden has been fired twice as a HC.

You need a new record.

Neither comment is meant to overly laud or overly criticize either of the former Bucs HCs both of whom were excellent in my view.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#63 : November 22, 2012, 09:08:25 AM

Interesting there are more tickets available for the Patriots at Jets Turkey game than for our game, according to ESPN...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule

It's not really that interesting, truthfully. It's just not talked about that much. Teams all around the league are having trouble, a lot of trouble, selling tickets. Whenever you get a chance, try to look at the upper level attendance at a televised game. It will likely resemble a Bucs home game. Ive been paying attention to other teams' crowds over the past several weeks and was surprised to see Bucs games seem to have a HIGHER attendance rate, in most cases, than many other teams. Cleveland, Miami, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Tennessee,  Carolina, Oakland, San Diego, Arizona, DALLAS, Jacksonville, PHILADELPHIA, NyJets. Now its a rough visual estimate, but these are all teams I've observed, in recent weeks, have a LOWER attendance rate than our Bucs. Of course, a prime time game between the Ravens and Steelers in Pittsburg would be an example of an exception.

Take a look at last weeks Bucs game for example. There is absolutely no way the Carolina Panthers sold that game out.  In fact, there seemed to more red jerseys than black in some sections. Yet, the Carolina Panthers (and other teams) seem to avoid blackouts on a weekly basis. IMO, it boils down to a bad economy.

What would be interesting would be if the media talking heads in this area and around the country, instead of bashing the Buccaneer fan base, would talk about why the Bucs games are continually blacked out while other teams continue to have the luxury of having their games seen on TV, even though their fans don't attend home games.

I read somewhere that it was an issue of corporate sponsorship, I read somewhere else that it was an issue of network sponsorship. I wish the media would make light of this issue, instead of bashing a fan base that has its loyal fans.

TB05,

I went to the Carolina game and by looks alone, that game wasn't sold out.  The only thing I can think of is Carolina has leagues of season ticket holders that just dont go to games anymore.  I was at the Skins game in Tampa and it looked way more filled than the Carolina game did. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#64 : November 22, 2012, 09:16:52 AM

Just watching the game and the tape provided on rewind - the carolina game appeared to have less the 50% of the seats occupied.  I don't know what they sold - but it looked like 50-60% of the seats were empty

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#65 : November 22, 2012, 10:11:04 AM

Not sure if this is official news, but the tv maps say it is going to be blacked out.

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk12.html

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#66 : November 22, 2012, 10:56:53 AM

Gruden took over a team that had HOF talent. A great HC, hell even a good HC would have added a few pieces and built on that.

Then I would assume Dungy...either a good or great coach by your standards....would have done so.

You need a new record.

Neither comment is meant to overly laud or overly criticize either of the former Bucs HCs both of whom were excellent in my view.

Dungy would have kept the Bucs in the playoffs every year. He would never have won a SB but his teams would always be competitive.

Dig Al Davis up and ask him how he felt about keeping Gruden around. Trade or no trade Gruden was as good as gone.

You need a new view. Your old one is skewed.
: November 22, 2012, 11:00:21 AM 1sparkybuc

nitey

Hall of Famer
#67 : November 22, 2012, 11:10:25 AM

Not sure if this is official news, but the tv maps say it is going to be blacked out.

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk12.html

Probably based upon a prediction of tickets left and the history of what would sell through today. I'm anticipating it being blacked out though, but I bet the stadium will be pretty close to full on Sunday from the walk up crowd (and Atlanta imports). I'm hoping that the Bucs ask for an extension which they might do if there are less than 2k tickets left at 4pm today.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#68 : November 22, 2012, 11:29:07 AM

You need a new record.

Dungy would have kept the Bucs in the playoffs every year. He would never have won a SB but his teams would always be competitive.

Dig Al Davis up and ask him how he felt about keeping Gruden around. Trade or no trade Gruden was as good as gone.

Well....as long as we're making it up as we go along as you are, Dungy was fired from the Bucs and the Bucs won the Super Bowl the next season. Dungy retired and the Colts went to the Super Bowl the next season. So it appears that Dungy was capable of putting teams out there that consistently underachieved.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#69 : November 22, 2012, 07:29:26 PM

Bucs' ticket rep lying to their customers.

That's a first.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#70 : November 22, 2012, 07:44:35 PM

You need a new record.

he wasn't fired in Oakland ... Period!   you need this http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#71 : November 22, 2012, 07:46:09 PM

Bucs' ticket rep lying to their customers.

That's a first.

they have a right to do that because it's a business, the fan/consumer just has to buy the tickets no matter what .....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#72 : November 22, 2012, 08:21:42 PM

The only offensive genius living in Tampa is Sully.

Can't argue with that!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#73 : November 22, 2012, 08:35:06 PM

You need a new record.

he wasn't fired in Oakland ... Period!   you need this http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

Semantics.

Your fascination with monkeys and butts doesn't interest me.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#74 : November 22, 2012, 11:33:23 PM

The only offensive genius living in Tampa is Sully.

How do you think Sully would do with this offensive lineup (in their prime)?

Chris Simms                                         
Carnell Williams                                   
Michael Clayton
Joey Galloway
Anthony Becht

rather than this one:

Josh Freeman
Doug Martin
Mike Williams
Vincent Jackson
Dallas Clark
: November 22, 2012, 11:49:29 PM JavaRay

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Philadelphia Game Sold out, Ticket rep "feels good" about Falcons this week « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools