Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers’ Rookie Doug Martin on Pace to Hit Rare Milestone « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : November 30, 2012, 12:39:43 AM »

Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ Rookie Doug Martin on Pace to Hit Rare Milestone

November 28th, 2012 at 9:49 PM
By Wolf Heard

There is no denying the rookie running back Doug Martin has been sensational in his rookie season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The 23-year-old out of Boise St. is fourth in the NFL with 1,050 rushing yards through 11 games and his nine rushing touchdowns is second behind Arian Foster's 12. Martin also has 29 catches for 332 yards and one touchdown.

With 1,382 total yards from scrimmage, Martin is averaging 125.6 total yards per game. Multiply that by 16 games and the No. 31 overall pick in draft is on pace for 2,010 total yards.

If Martin gets to 2,000 total yards, he will be in some elite company. Only two players in NFL history have amassed 2,000 total yards in their rookie season.

One is Hall of Famer and six-time Pro Bowler Eric **CENSORED**erson, who had 2,212 total yards during his 1983 rookie season with the Los Angeles Rams.

The other is four-time Pro Bowler Edgerrin James, who took the NFL by storm in 1999 by gaining 2,139 yards from scrimmage with the Indianapolis Colts.

It would be pretty amazing for Martin to accomplish that feat considering greats like Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, and LaDainian Tomlinson never reached that milestone in their rookie seasons.

And even if Martin doesn't get to 2,000 yards, he'll still have a rookie season for the ages.

http://www.buccaneers101.com/2012/11/28/tampa-bay-buccaneers-rookie-doug-martin-on-pace-to-hit-rare-milestone/

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #1 : November 30, 2012, 01:15:16 AM »

Imagine what he could have done behind Nicks and Joseph.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #2 : November 30, 2012, 01:21:37 AM »

or a little more offensive creativity early on

-------------------------------------------------------

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 30, 2012, 01:23:41 AM »

We had wr pass early on last game

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 30, 2012, 02:03:34 AM »

They were paying their dues. A lot of new bodies.

At least they fixed that relatively quick. Some teams it takes whole seasons.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 30, 2012, 09:36:58 AM »

This staff flat turned the team around during our Bye week. Made some great 'adjustments' and opened up the playbook much more. First year coaches and their team just don't normally 'figure it out' any time during their first year.
     I said it before, but that Bye week couldn't have come at a better time!

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
« #6 : November 30, 2012, 09:41:03 AM »

DITTO!!!!!   We might be 8-3 also.

Theoldbuc

Starter

« #7 : November 30, 2012, 09:46:29 AM »

This staff flat turned the team around during our Bye week. Made some great 'adjustments' and opened up the playbook much more. First year coaches and their team just don't normally 'figure it out' any time during their first year.
     I said it before, but that Bye week couldn't have come at a better time!

Mike Sullivan! Love that guy!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 30, 2012, 07:49:56 PM »

I like that delayed handoff to Dougie they worked into the gameplan.  Its money.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

MenTaLPiRacY

Rookie

« #9 : November 30, 2012, 10:24:21 PM »

**CENSORED**erson

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

« #10 : November 30, 2012, 11:14:07 PM »

I like that delayed handoff to Dougie they worked into the gameplan.  Its money.
we haven't use that play in 2 games, I wonder why cause I think we were getting 4 or  5 yards a pop using that play.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers’ Rookie Doug Martin on Pace to Hit Rare Milestone « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools