Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey FSU fans... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

: November 25, 2012, 06:33:50 PM

This is what a year's worth of bragging rights looks like.   :P

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 25, 2012, 07:18:22 PM

wow way to act like youve been there. i could post pics from the last couple years if youd like. congrats on the win you guys earned it

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 26, 2012, 10:26:17 AM

yeah, id like to talk trash to some FSU fans but most dont deserve it.

although, whats runoles take on the game?  i would like to hear that...

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 26, 2012, 12:22:40 PM

runole is in no way a representation of the fanbase. hes one of those deranged harvey updyke fringe fanbase type people

gametime you really dont want to actually hear one of his looney rants do you?

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 26, 2012, 06:04:01 PM

UF beat us fair and square.  Had the better lines and showed what playing against the SEC every week does for the competitive nature of the team.  Jimbo has us on the right track, we are much better off than the last few Bowden years. It now remains to be seen if we can hatch a QB to replace EJ and find a running game worth a darn when NOT facing an overmatched D-II team.

Congrats to the Gators. The rivalry is still alive even if most of the nation doesn't care.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 26, 2012, 06:09:37 PM

you guys really trust jimbo?  he might be y'alls ron zook imo.  great recruiter, just cant put it all together.  he wasted a ton of talent at LSU if i remember correctly.

but for some good natured ribbing...would you guys be excited for a FSU-Kent St Orange Bowl?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 26, 2012, 06:39:59 PM

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 26, 2012, 07:04:42 PM

Do I trust him?  Are you asking if he can deliver the goods as a coach or if I think he will stay?

as far as his performance, he is better than what we had and is recruiting very well. Consistency of the product on the field is suspect at times, but I think part of that is the fact that you are dealing with kids.  I wish he would stop calling plays and focus on the players like Meyer does at Ohio State and let the coordinators call the games. 

I think we are more likely to lose Stoops before Fisher. Stoops took a pathetic FSU "D" and made it very good, just not great. I think he will get some consideration due to name recognition and the job he did at FSU. I have no illusions about FSU being a top-tier coaching destination, so at some point some bigger name program will poach Fisher, I just hope it isn't for a couple more years.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 26, 2012, 09:52:38 PM

I was at the game and it was a very disappointing loss.  Down 13-3 at the half I actually still felt decent because we probably could have been down by 3 tds.  Coming out of halftime you could sort of sense something was going to happen because UF let us hang around despite controlling the 1st half.  When we rallied and took a 20-13 lead i thought we had them.  Man, Doak was loud then. But sadly, we turned the ball over too many times against a good football team.  This game will haunt EJ Manuel for years. 

Next year will be tough.  We lose a bunch of starters on defense, perhaps our DC too and we'll also have a new starting QB.  We'll have to play at Clemson and UF next year too.  This was our shot.  Sigh.........Hopefully we can recover from this loss and take care of business in the ACC title game and then the bowl game.   

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 26, 2012, 11:22:55 PM

FSU isn't a top-tier coaching destination?  ouch

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 27, 2012, 07:14:51 AM

Hey E.J. : SEC defenses bring hats to the party.

You're not in Kansas anymore , Toto.

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 27, 2012, 07:49:16 AM

Hey Dolorous, Even as a mild-mannered fan I find you pimping this cheap head shot to EJ tacky.  I do not care WHO is playing whom, glorifying a helmet to helmet hit sucks.

Olaf - Once I left Tallahassee and got into the real world I learned that our glory days are gone and that FSU, as a coaching destination, can't compete with the traditional powers. I should have been more careful in characterizing FSU, I think they are probably at the bottom of the top-tier schools, but they can't offer what programs like Alabama, USC, Notre Dame can offer.  I would suggest that perhaps FSU is on par with Michigan, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU and Oregon as far as coaching attraction, but half a step behind UF just because of the conference exposure and competition.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 27, 2012, 08:20:21 AM

I have no illusions about FSU being a top-tier coaching destination, so at some point some bigger name program will poach Fisher, I just hope it isn't for a couple more years.

i disagree with this.  FSU might not be able to pay the top dollar, but its certainly a top tier job.  no one wants to follow a legend...you follow the guy that followed the legend.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 27, 2012, 08:25:11 AM

this cheap head shot to EJ

i dont know if id call it a cheap head shot.  simply football.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 27, 2012, 10:49:05 AM

borderline, helmet to helmet?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey FSU fans... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools