Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey FSU fans... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 27, 2012, 12:01:53 PM

What a shocker.  A gator "fan" starting a thread and being flamboyant.

As far as Jimbo goes, his seat is getting warm in my mind.  The talent is there and every season we go off and play down to our level of competition a few games.  I'm not much a fan of his play calling many times.  I heard a rumor that he might be bringing in a OC.  After watching what Schiano did with the Bucs, it makes me see what a good coach can do for a team.  Jimbo isn't impressing me.  We put the ball on the ground a ton this year and that's partially on coaching.  All that said, EJ is just too inconsistent as well.  You get a little pressure on him early, he gets really flustered, and starts making bad decisions with the ball and running into sacks.....sacks that lose a lot of yardage too.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 27, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

this cheap head shot to EJ

i dont know if id call it a cheap head shot.  simply football.

It's laughable for someone to that a cheap shot.  If your QB doesn't want to get tackled, tell him to slide.  Otherwise, this is big boy football.

borderline, helmet to helmet?

I don't think so.  He's a RB lowering his head at that point, not a QB in the pocket.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 27, 2012, 01:33:12 PM

I'm talking about whether he led with his helmet and hit him in the helmet.  running back, quarterback or whatever .....    I think it's borderline, not necessarily a "cheap" shot though just maybe helmet to helmet

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 27, 2012, 02:37:10 PM

I'm talking about whether he led with his helmet and hit him in the helmet.  running back, quarterback or whatever .....    I think it's borderline, not necessarily a "cheap" shot though just maybe helmet to helmet

ill never be able to accept this.  a mans head is about a foot farther than his shoulders.  his helmet will always lead. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 27, 2012, 02:41:41 PM

you don't have to lead with your helmet into another helmet

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 27, 2012, 03:46:00 PM

ill never be able to accept this.  a mans head is about a foot farther than his shoulders.  his helmet will always lead.

I'd say that Monte Kiffin and the old Buc "D" would disagree.  proper form tackling is to come in head up, not lowered.  either way, I'm not pissed at the player for hitting EJ, I just think it is tacky to glorify a helmet to helmet hit that sent a player to the sidelines. I can't apologize for being sensitive to concussions.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 27, 2012, 04:30:34 PM

Seminoles fan here. Hit looked clean to me. I'll never hear the end of this game, at least not until next season. All of my local friends and family are Gators fans lol.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 27, 2012, 04:45:24 PM

you don't have to lead with your helmet into another helmet

this isnt golf, they arent stationary targets.  for the most part, these guys are doing anything they can make a tackle.  and if you put your helmet into the other guys chest, chances are you will go helmet to helmet. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 27, 2012, 04:46:17 PM

I'd say that Monte Kiffin and the old Buc "D" would disagree.  proper form tackling is to come in head up, not lowered. 

and where are you aiming your head?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 27, 2012, 04:59:58 PM

EJ Manuel lead with his helmet, too:

If this play happens with Driskel as QB, I don't even begin to think that a penalty should be called.  He isn't a defenseless WR or a QB in the pocket.  He's a RB.  Those type hits happen to skill players all of the time.

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 27, 2012, 05:49:35 PM

well, he did duck his head and he was was a runner, so it wasn't a cheap shot.  Still, as a Nole, don't like to have that vid rubbed-in.  Guess I'll just quit complaining and deal with the loss.

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 27, 2012, 06:02:23 PM

About Fisher, yes, his teams are very hot and cold. Time to get rid of the D-II schools on our schedule and get back on the road to playing real competition, if anyone is willing?  I suspect that next year's schedule is already messed-up with Maryland leaving the conference and I hope we don't have to backfill with someone like the Northern Alaska Agricultural and Icicle Polar Bears.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 27, 2012, 06:09:30 PM

What a shocker.  A gator "fan" starting a thread and being flamboyant.

Your sig is of Tim Tebow crying  , and you are going to complain about a little gloating after a win ??

Lighten up. It's all in good fun.

I actually respect the Seminoles . The teams were very evenly matched athletically , possibly even a slight edge to FSU . The difference was simply that the Gators were a little stronger in the trenches, and much more physical , and that started to show up in the 4th quarter .

After all those physical SEC games we were battle-hardened and ready to go all 12 rounds , while it seemed FSU wore down.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 27, 2012, 06:17:12 PM

both teams played nasty hard football. i think the outcome would definately been diffierent if the offense could have done anything in the first half of the game. the DL looked completely worn out. those guys played their guts out and the offense hung them out to dry. you cant turn the ball over 5 times and expect to win. both DL were a push in physicallity. the difference was FSU's oline played charmin soft at critical times in the game and EJ got rattled and never recovered. i dont know why jimbo has taken away EJ's strength in moving the pocket, especially when the OL isnt playing its best.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 27, 2012, 07:57:02 PM

you cant turn the ball over 5 times and expect to win.

UF knows this all too well.

FSU's biggest problem in recent times (imo) is QB development.  manuel-ponder even back to rix and whomever else...they play early, they play pretty decent...but they never get past the boneheaded inexperienced mistakes.  and of course the OL hasnt helped them much.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey FSU fans... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools