Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who can honestly say at week one we had a shot to beat Denver in week 13? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

: November 27, 2012, 12:23:00 PM

In all honesty I didn't and my heart wouldn't be broken if its another Atlanta game.

Thoughts?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 27, 2012, 12:30:40 PM

...break Manning's neck?

Seriously, if Tampa had a better pass defense, they would have a shot.

But manning is a monster QB. He's going to carve up this secondary like Rosanne Barr's thanksgiving turkey.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 27, 2012, 12:36:41 PM

Agree and they have very talented recievers too. This may be the only game all year I say we dont have a shot at. Manning is too good.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 27, 2012, 12:40:35 PM

I don't get this line of thinking. We've been carved up plenty of times this year yet we've been in every game. Just because Manning is going to get his doesn't mean it's going to be a blowout.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 27, 2012, 12:50:13 PM

Its not just Manning. They have a decent defense too with a damn good pass rush. On the road as well. Im having a hard time seeing a win there. I really hope Im wrong though.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 27, 2012, 12:50:29 PM

If little Manning can carve us up for 500+ yards.

Big Manning is going to go for 700+

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#6 : November 27, 2012, 01:27:18 PM

He's going to carve up this secondary like Rosanne Barr's thanksgiving turkey.

Haha. Now thats funny

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 27, 2012, 01:30:26 PM

Its not just Manning. They have a decent defense too with a damn good pass rush. On the road as well. Im having a hard time seeing a win there. I really hope Im wrong though.

The Bucs have been competitive in every game this year, and that includes road games. KC held Manning to 19 points. Earlier in the season I might have crossed this one off as a loss. Not any more. We just lost by one point to the team with the best record in the league, and we have guys saying we have the better team. We should not have lost. That's a very different attitude than last year. These guys believe they can beat anybody. I know they are not going to, but I don't doubt their ability. They have the firepower to match up against any team in the league. The question is can they stop teams when they need to. We'll soon see.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 27, 2012, 01:58:40 PM

Yes we have a shot and after last week that only confirmed my feelings. Now it's a road game, but a road game in the 2nd hardest place to play on the road. So we have a lot to try and work though.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 27, 2012, 02:00:57 PM

Should be an interesting game to say the least. I think we bounce back, just a gut feeling.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 27, 2012, 02:09:38 PM

The Bucs have been competitive in every game this year, and that includes road games. KC held Manning to 19 points. Earlier in the season I might have crossed this one off as a loss. Not any more. We just lost by one point to the team with the best record in the league, and we have guys saying we have the better team. We should not have lost. That's a very different attitude than last year. These guys believe they can beat anybody. I know they are not going to, but I don't doubt their ability. They have the firepower to match up against any team in the league. The question is can they stop teams when they need to. We'll soon see.

Yea I love that our team is like that. It gives me hope and even though its a tough game, Im really excited to see how it plays out. Ive enjoyed watching every game this year. Even the losses. Huge difference from last year where I dreaded watching the games. This year even games I think were gonna lose I am excited to watch because the team is in every game. I think this week will be no different. I just hope Schiano and the young guys have a great plan going in and execute. If they get Peyton into a few 3 and outs and our offense keeps going, we could win. Im worried about our defense though. I dont know if they will show up or not. Cant wait to find out.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 27, 2012, 02:13:26 PM

I think Schiano and this team will thrive on the setting. 7 point dogs on the road. I think we got a shot here folks. The Broncos looked as ordinary on offense as they have all year. We can and will move the ball on defense, just hope we can limit them on offense

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#12 : November 27, 2012, 02:17:08 PM

If little Manning can carve us up for 500+ yards.

Big Manning is going to go for 700+

I disagree. Eli is good but he has exceptional WRs who bail him out a lot.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 27, 2012, 02:52:23 PM

I think if both teams play their best football it will be a close game and either team could win. It's going to come down to how well we can run the ball Imo.

Draft Aaron Donald

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#14 : November 27, 2012, 05:14:24 PM

"Who can honestly say at week one we had a shot to beat Denver in week 13?"

Me, although I thought they would've lost Peyton Manning to injury for the remainder of the season by this point.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who can honestly say at week one we had a shot to beat Denver in week 13? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools