Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I saw something real STUPID this morning...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

McBarron

Pro Bowler

: November 28, 2012, 10:04:51 AM

So, I am parking my car at the downtown Tampa lot that I park at every morning. I get out and see one of the dumbest things ever on someone else's car:

A Florida-issued Buccaneers' tag with the following personalized letters on it: PKRS.

That, with a GB Packers aluminum frame around it.

Am I just being a cynical ass here, or is that just ridiculously stupid?

Sorry, just wanted to share that......

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 28, 2012, 11:35:05 AM

That's what happens when you work downtown in that seperatist world.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 28, 2012, 11:39:01 AM

As long as that direct deposit continues to hit, I'll work wherever.

Besides, our downtown here is HORRI-AWFUL.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 28, 2012, 12:13:11 PM

Florida Issued Buccaneers License Plates.... must be cheaper than standard issue license plates lol.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : November 28, 2012, 03:39:25 PM

So, I am parking my car at the downtown Tampa lot that I park at every morning. I get out and see one of the dumbest things ever on someone else's car:

A Florida-issued Buccaneers' tag with the following personalized letters on it: PKRS.

That's the problem with our area - transplants never give up allegiance to their favorite northern team.  In this case, could be a split family. Husband still likes the Packers, wife likes the Bucs.   I remember the Steelers-Bucs game in 2010 and I swear I kept seeing Steeler-jerseyed fans coming out of Florida licensed plates. These people moved down here and never adopted the home team. It will always be that way - not only here, but in JAX and Miami.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 28, 2012, 08:36:42 PM

That's the problem with our area - transplants never give up allegiance to their favorite northern team.  In this case, could be a split family. Husband still likes the Packers, wife likes the Bucs.   I remember the Steelers-Bucs game in 2010 and I swear I kept seeing Steeler-jerseyed fans coming out of Florida licensed plates. These people moved down here and never adopted the home team. It will always be that way - not only here, but in JAX and Miami.

BINGO!

Turn the page.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 29, 2012, 12:03:47 AM

Made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Disgusting

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 30, 2012, 08:46:14 AM

It's like an extra 25-35 dollars a year to have whichever FL Specialty plate you choose.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 30, 2012, 08:50:41 AM

Made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Disgusting

Yeah, me too. That's why I HAD to make a thread on it.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 30, 2012, 09:18:53 AM

" That's the problem with our area - transplants never give up allegiance to their favorite northern team."

So you're one of those bandwagon fans that's going to switch allegiance as soon as you move? Or do you have different standards for others than you do for yourself?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 30, 2012, 09:41:58 AM

is 10 years enough time to change an allegiance?  20 years?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 30, 2012, 10:45:47 AM

Don't know, Olaf. If you moved, how long would it be before you bailed on the Bucs?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 30, 2012, 11:24:44 AM

Admittedly. I don't think I would fully give up allegiance to the Bucs, but it wouldn't take me too long to show support for the local teams if I'm looking at a long term move.   Now I am a life long resident of the Tampa Bay area, but I don't see the point in living in a community and hating the local teams or being oblivious to them for that matter.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 30, 2012, 11:33:39 AM

I guess I see things differently because I live in the Denver market and I'm surrounded by pinheads who think I owe allegiance to the Broncos. They can **CENSORED** off. I'll remain a Buc fan as long as I choose.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 30, 2012, 11:51:05 AM

I have never had to actually deal with it personally since I have always lived in the Tampa Bay area.   I don't overly blame someone for holding onto their allegiance, but like I said I don't get living in an area for an extended amount of time and not supporting the local teams.   Especially if you call yourself a sports fan.   

That being said, if someone is going to hold onto their allegiance and not support the local team, then don't call out the team's "fan base".   And the nature of the Tampa Bay area, with so many transplants and a relatively young professional sports market, makes it more difficult to build a loyal, strong fan base.

In reality, the Buc license plate with the Packer frame doesn't really bother me.  I'd probably laugh at it if I saw it and bust the guy's chops if I knew him, but at least he is showing some love for the local team.
: November 30, 2012, 11:52:39 AM olafberserker
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I saw something real STUPID this morning...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools