Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Salary Cap « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
: November 28, 2012, 07:42:13 PM

A little early, but does anyone know how much cap room we have for the 2013 season (assuming it stays where its at)? I'm interested in seeing how much more room we'll have since Talib was traded and Wright is pretty much a gonner. Okoye and Price are off the payroll too since our cap space was last reported and  I think its safe to assume Trueblood and Grimm won't be with us either.

So it sounds like the Glazer boys are going to have tons and tons of money to spend next off-season (isn't 2013 the season they HAVE to use 99% of the cap per CBA rules?). Were a couple more highly touted free agents and a couple more high draft picks away from contending.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 28, 2012, 07:54:55 PM

Also, there was talk of reworking McCoy's insane salary, Penn being tossed, barber will retire, and Quincy Black may also get canned.

If any of that (besides barber's expected retirement) happens, it will allow for plenty of money. Trouble is two fold though. Will the glazers spend (we're still a little untrusting), and is there going to be anyone of value at a position of need in FA?

After all, we don't want for Dom to chase down another so so CB out of nessessity.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 28, 2012, 08:41:51 PM

Where was there talk of restructuring McCoy's contract? I don't think they can force him to restructure. Link?

I don't think Penn is going anywhere and Quincy is going to stay a while thanks to his mostly guaranteed contract. My thought on Barber is that he could very well retire but it wouldn't surprise me if he signed up for another crack at his 2nd Superbowl ring.So that's all up in the air.

As for chasing down so so talent, I think Dom could have went after Finnegan a little harder last off-season or Dunta Robinson a year before that, so its not like they weren't out there. I'd like to see him go after DRC, Derek Cox, or Brent Grimes this off season, they should become available. And if he can't make one of those happen, hell have to co corner corner in the draft (barring any breakout performances by CBs already on our roster).

CTGuyton

Second String

#3 : November 28, 2012, 08:46:04 PM

We have 113mil committed to next year with Wrights contract still included. NFL is expecting the cap to be around 120mil and we'll have about 10mil roll over. So we should have about $20mil in cap space if no one is cut or no contracts restructured. We should still be able to make a splash in FA if anyone worth it is available.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 28, 2012, 08:53:08 PM

Thanks CT. I think once you factor out Wrights contract we will have around 29mil (wasn't he scheduled to earn 9.45mil next season, what an idiot) to spend. Another couple mill from Trueblood's contact and we are easily in the $30mil range. Damn, I know we still have a shot this year, but I can't help being excited for next year. With Nicks/Zuttah/Joseph back on the O-line, Clayborn/Bowers back on the D-line, and 2 new playmakers @CB we 'ought to be a force!

Supreme

Starter

#5 : November 28, 2012, 09:11:12 PM

Delanie Walker, Jared Cook, Andy Levitre,  Cliff Avril, Brent Grimes, and Glen Dorsey would be nice targets this coming offseason.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 28, 2012, 09:20:51 PM

I honestly think we're just a few pieces away from being a consistent playoff contender. If we can get the pass rush and cb position improved, I think we can get in and make a run. Maybe improve the depth on the lines and possibly another weapon for the offense as well.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 28, 2012, 09:54:43 PM

They will have some nice cap space, but I think they resign Freeman this offseason. That will take a pretty good chunk of change.

I could see them signing a couple mid-tier free agents, or one big time free agent.  Not a repeat of last offseason where they signed Vincent and Nicks and Wright.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 28, 2012, 10:50:23 PM

I see Davin going bye bye.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 28, 2012, 11:30:41 PM

Where was there talk of restructuring McCoy's contract? I don't think they can force him to restructure. Link?

I don't think Penn is going anywhere and Quincy is going to stay a while thanks to his mostly guaranteed contract. My thought on Barber is that he could very well retire but it wouldn't surprise me if he signed up for another crack at his 2nd Superbowl ring.So that's all up in the air.

Like Davin, Quincy only had all his guaranteed money in the first 2 years of their contracts. On 12/31/12, they will be owed no more guaranteed money and can be cut scott-free. Apparently, since Wright's money is no longer guaranteed, that is another $7+ mil that can be used next offseason. Last I saw, the Bucs were around $12 under the cap. If they cut Joseph, Black, and Wright and roll over the $12 million...that's between $30-32 million available for next offseason.

Whether Dom will spend it wisely is questionable.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

geetech84

Starter

#10 : November 29, 2012, 12:05:40 AM

Like Davin, Quincy only had all his guaranteed money in the first 2 years of their contracts. On 12/31/12, they will be owed no more guaranteed money and can be cut scott-free. Apparently, since Wright's money is no longer guaranteed, that is another $7+ mil that can be used next offseason. Last I saw, the Bucs were around $12 under the cap. If they cut Joseph, Black, and Wright and roll over the $12 million...that's between $30-32 million available for next offseason.

I'm cool with cutting Quincy..Wright, see 1st if he take a pay-cut, if not... then cut him..now D.Joseph, umm no, I would not cut him..

If the Buc's feel good about Meredith "alot cheaper" and "I believe his play, could up there with Joseph, and he is a lot younger..,**D.Joseph will be 30 next year** " ...They should try to trade Davin for a pick.. "I'm sure there be some teams that would love to have Davin"..

Teams that are needing  OG,.. Browns,Raiders,Eagles,Titans,Cardinals,Cowboys,Dolphins,Seahawks,Colts,Bears ..

I rather try to trade Davin instead of cutting him..heck if the Buc's can get a 4th for Talib..I think they can get a 2nd or a 3rd  for D.Joseph

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 29, 2012, 12:14:03 AM

They will have some nice cap space, but I think they resign Freeman this offseason. That will take a pretty good chunk of change.

I could see them signing a couple mid-tier free agents, or one big time free agent.  Not a repeat of last offseason where they signed Vincent and Nicks and Wright.

ERgg-zactly how I see it playing out.  Simply can't let Freeman test the market, nor do you want to piss off your franchise QB, IF in fact they think he is, so you're best bet is to save a few bucks by negotiating with him a year early.

Also agree on the FA take as well.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 29, 2012, 12:15:09 AM

Why is it "questionable"...?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 29, 2012, 12:30:33 AM

Why is it "questionable"...?

Why is it not? Would be the better question. Yes, the VJax and Nicks signings were good, but pretty much every other FA contract he handed out were really really bad.

Derrick Ward, Michael Clayton, Tanard extension, Quincy Black, Jeremy Trueblood, Eric Wright, Davin Joseph, Amobi Okoye....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 29, 2012, 12:38:52 AM

I disagree. How much do you think Freeman will demand? He already gets paid up near the top 10 in yearly salary. He makes just under $8 million this year and will be at $9.7 million next year. I highly doubt that he will command more than $12-13 million a year. That's not a huge jump from what we would be paying him next year. The player who will see a major jump is Mike Williams.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Salary Cap « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools