Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is more responsible for the Bucs’ deficiency in defending the pass? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : November 29, 2012, 12:37:45 AM »

Gary Shelton

Gary_Shelton

The defensive backs.

The Bucs defensive secondary has been in disarray all season and the injuries are mounting up, leading to a depleted unit without a lot of talent.

Justin Pawlowski

CommishOnline

A lack of pass rush.

Receivers will always work their way open and any quarterback, if given the time, will find them. If the Bucs could get a consistent push up the middle they would disrupt more plays.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #1 : November 29, 2012, 06:42:08 AM »

Pass rush, the DB's are left out fully exposed on an island. Can the db's play better, of course but it all starts out front

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #2 : November 29, 2012, 06:49:06 AM »

I agree with Justin. Receivers have too much advantage against corners, good or bad. If a QB has enough time, no corner is going to be able to fully cover a decent receiver for more than a few moments. Your pass rush needs to make the QB uncomfortable in the pocket and make the questionable throw instead of waiting for the sure one.

Yes, we need more talent in the defensive back field, but our defensive line needs to do a lot more from a pressure standpoint. Clayborn should help with that, but we need Bowers and McCoy to step up their game and we still probably need another DL high in next years draft.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 29, 2012, 07:12:51 AM »

Sheridan/Schiano

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 29, 2012, 07:17:34 AM »

I want to vote for "Both".

It has been a combo of the two. I can remember specific plays where QBs were able to get rid of the ball so quickly against us, that not even the 9ers or Broncos pass rush could have gotten to him. I have also seen where the opposing QB has pretty much all day to sit back and find holes in the zone. Both areas need to be improved in the offseason.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #5 : November 29, 2012, 07:26:08 AM »

Placing blame on one group over another or one person over another does nothing to help us or make us better. The entire defense has to play better verse the pass. Period.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 29, 2012, 07:29:00 AM »

We have no pass rush issues . Ask Biggs. He's been counting "hurries" on PFF.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 29, 2012, 07:42:01 AM »

Sheridan/Schiano

Yeah if we just had a little better coaching us playing with the worst starting tandem of CB in the league wouldn't matter at all!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 29, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »

Sheridan/Schiano

Yeah if we just had a little better coaching us playing with the worst starting tandem of CB in the league wouldn't matter at all!

Absolutely.  We'd be the 85 Bears if we just did a vanilla 4 man rush every down. These coaches and thier fancy film watching and practices every day have no clue how awesome this defense could be if we just stopped doing anything creative whatsoever. Drew Brees shivers at the thought every night before he goes to bed.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 29, 2012, 07:49:37 AM »

Drew Brees probably hopes that we drop 9 into coverage when we play them again.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 29, 2012, 07:50:00 AM »

Sheridan/Schiano

Absolutely.  We'd be the 85 Bears if we just did a vanilla 4 man rush every down. These coaches and thier fancy film watching and practices every day have no clue how awesome this defense could be if we just stopped doing anything creative whatsoever. Drew Brees shivers at the thought every night before he goes to bed.

lol

- Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #11 : November 29, 2012, 07:53:46 AM »

Be creative, but stop dropping linemen into coverage. It has never worked. Not once. All it does it subtract a pass rusher, and replaces that pass rusher with a big slow doofus standing there doing nothing. If we had some undersized hybrid DEs that could actually run with receivers and were somewhat effective in coverage, then it might work now and then....but we don't and it doesn't.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #12 : November 29, 2012, 07:54:47 AM »

Be creative, but stop dropping linemen into coverage. It has never worked. Not once. All it does it subtract a pass rusher, and replaces that pass rusher with a big slow doofus standing there doing nothing. If we had some undersized hybrid DEs that could actually run with receivers and were somewhat effective in coverage, then it might work now and then....but we don't and it doesn't.

Nothing works with bad talent ...I think that's the point.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 29, 2012, 07:58:10 AM »

It's not like we're asking bennett to drop into deep 3rd of the field. He's the dropper in a zone blitz, that is what is going on when we do that. I'm sure you know that though Jdub. The point isn't the coverage, the point is the blitz. When we can't get there we end up with a lineman trying to run with a crossing route on a slot receiver and it does look ridiculous but that's only after the blitz itself fails miserably.

- Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #14 : November 29, 2012, 08:00:18 AM »

Our front four have been effective when they are allowed to just pin their ears back and go. No, it doesn't make us the 85 Bears, but we do get pressure.

We have DBs that can blitz and we have LBs that can cover. We can get tricky with those guys to disguise our pass rush and trick the QB into mistakes. There is really no need to have our front four do anything but rush the passer and stop the run.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is more responsible for the Bucs’ deficiency in defending the pass? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools