Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is more responsible for the Bucs’ deficiency in defending the pass? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #15 : November 29, 2012, 09:35:46 AM »

Our front four have been effective when they are allowed to just pin their ears back and go. No, it doesn't make us the 85 Bears, but we do get pressure.

We have DBs that can blitz and we have LBs that can cover. We can get tricky with those guys to disguise our pass rush and trick the QB into mistakes. There is really no need to have our front four do anything but rush the passer and stop the run.

I understand that creativity needs to be used when rushing the passer. So, I'm fine with the DL running a few stunts and such, but the one player I feel should not be running them is GMC. He has been the one that they have tried them with the most. It is most important to let him try and get up field. Coaching shares some of the blame for a few problems with the scheme. There is definitely a lack of talent when compared to top tier defenses, so you adjust to try to put the guys you have in the best position to win. I don't think that is done a lot of the time. There is no doubt in my mind that we need upgrades on both the DL and the back end. Coaching/pass rush/secondary play...all three attribute to us getting burned.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
« #16 : November 29, 2012, 10:41:33 AM »

Blame George Bush.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #17 : November 29, 2012, 11:30:41 AM »

Scheme

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #18 : November 29, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »

Placing blame on one group over another or one person over another does nothing to help us or make us better.

A lot of people believe that identifying the problem is the first step towards solving said problem.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #19 : November 29, 2012, 12:14:25 PM »

Time is our pass defenses biggest enemy. We have rookies on the field and rookie coaches on the sideline. Pass defense is reactive which puts our defenders a sec behind the recievers. This time next year they should have made big strides. Patience

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #20 : November 29, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »

Sheridan/Schiano

Yeah if we just had a little better coaching us playing with the worst starting tandem of CB in the league wouldn't matter at all!

So why put them on islands 20 times a game?

You know what happens when you constantly show your blitzes pre-snap? Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers and Matt Ryan average 398 yards and 3 TDs a game vs you. Peyton might get that by halftime.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #21 : November 29, 2012, 12:34:20 PM »

I think its a combo of the scheme and the players. I think our defense is a little thin in talent at some important areas. CB and DE obviously arent doing their jobs as good as they could. Our scheme isnt putting our best players in position to make plays. Its a mix of both. If they can fix them this offseason, next season looks promising.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #22 : November 29, 2012, 12:40:49 PM »

It varies from game to game.  In the San Diego game, Rivers was pressured 22 times out of 41 dropbacks or 54% of the time, but WR's were getting open so early and often Rivers didn't have any problem finding them.  The DB's didn't do their job.  In the Atlanta game, Ryan was pressured 6 times out of 34 dropbacks or 18% of the time.  The DB's didn't have a chance in hell that game.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #23 : November 29, 2012, 01:59:09 PM »

It varies from game to game.  In the San Diego game, Rivers was pressured 22 times out of 41 dropbacks or 54% of the time, but WR's were getting open so early and often Rivers didn't have any problem finding them.  The DB's didn't do their job.  In the Atlanta game, Ryan was pressured 6 times out of 34 dropbacks or 18% of the time.  The DB's didn't have a chance in hell that game.
Nice find and agree with those numbers. We have games where the defensive line plays well and the secondary simply doesn't. And then the games were the defensive line doesn't show up - we're going to lose.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #24 : November 29, 2012, 07:58:41 PM »

Scheme

That is where I am right now on the question.  We have some talent on the D-line, I don't thinks its being used to its best advantage. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is more responsible for the Bucs’ deficiency in defending the pass? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools