Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First time at a Bucs game and RJS on 12/09....Parking questions, etc.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Mateen

Starter

: November 29, 2012, 02:07:30 PM

Hey guys,

So as the title mentions, I'm going to my first Bucs game against the Eagles. I had a question about parking....where to park? What time should I get there? Also any other tips, advice, etc....I truly appreciate it. So excited for the game and my first time at RJS!!

Madman

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 29, 2012, 02:14:03 PM

Nice!

If you're coming from S. Tampa, all kinds of private parking off Himes near the stadium for $10. 

I'd get there 2 hours before to tailgate a little. Cook up some brats. Get your drink on. You'll need it with Eagles fans in the stadium.

Eat up at the tailgate b/c the food is terrible in the stadium.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 29, 2012, 02:30:53 PM

What are hot dogs up to at the stadium? $394.00USD? Something like that. Cannons are louder than you probably expect, be ready for it.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : November 29, 2012, 02:39:00 PM

Parking depends on where your seats are, where your coming in from, etc. If you're coming in from south Dale Mabry, there are a few parking places south of Columbus where you can get $10. You can save yourself $10-15 by looking a little (VariAsian Buffett next to Jerry Ulm Dodge for example).  Easy exit and back on I275.

If your tickets are lower level, the players start warm ups for about 30-40 minutes at 12:00 pm. Good photo ops there. Move to the south endzone if you can because that's where the Bucs warm up (opponents in the North End - Pirate Ship end).  The plaza/gallery near the pirates ship gets very crowded/wall-to-wall people during the game and at halftime. You can barely move around). Would recommend getting there early if you want to see the ship up close. Don't think you're allowed on without a pass. If you're sitting close to the ship, wear earplugs and get ready for cannon fire to start the game. Kind of startling if you're not ready. Pretty loud, too, imo.

Large souvenir cups for soda are about $5-6 but all you can drink. Beers are $7 from the vendors.

You've picked a good game to attend - celebrating the 2002 Championship team.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 29, 2012, 02:44:04 PM

Im flying in for this one as well. Probably gonna hit up the WTB tailgate.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 29, 2012, 02:46:24 PM

Don't forget to remind Eagles fans about the 63 yard field goal a few years ago. That should help you make friends!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 29, 2012, 02:49:43 PM

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 29, 2012, 02:50:57 PM

What are hot dogs up to at the stadium? $394.00USD? Something like that. Cannons are louder than you probably expect, be ready for it.

Nasty brats at RayJay. Undercooked, salmonella, e. coli pieces of **CENSORED** waste of money.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 29, 2012, 02:51:20 PM

Flying down from PA to attend this game also should be fun. Hoping for a bucs ass whooping of course. Can't wait to experience the stadium for the 1st time and hopefully well be 7-5 at that point.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 29, 2012, 03:36:30 PM

Word from Rick Stroud is that Jon Gruden will be in attendance for the SB celebration.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 29, 2012, 03:52:55 PM

Can't believe it's finally almost here. Will also be my first trip to RayJay.

I think I might strategize to get super drunk Saturday night so I don't feel too much like drinking Sunday. That way I can actually enjoy the game haha. Whenever I go to see the Bucs in Charlotte I get drunk as a skunk and talk smack to toothless Carolinians (never seen the Bucs lose, only wins). Hoping to keep the unbeaten streak alive and keep it nice a clearheaded until the victory celebration begins!

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 29, 2012, 03:54:51 PM

Plus, I would never forgive myself if I drank too much and missed my chance to really enjoy seeing the 2002 Championship team on the field. Maybe I'll have some beers in the second half haha.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 29, 2012, 03:59:34 PM

The only food I wonder consider halfway decent at the stadium would be the BBQ pulled pork and BBQ chicken sandwiches. Even those aren't anything to get too excited about. As others mentioned chow down before getting inside.

If you drink domestic beer buy it from a beer guy or the general concession stands.

If you prefer imports they do have  separate kiosks for those.
: November 29, 2012, 04:03:28 PM Durango 95

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 29, 2012, 04:01:03 PM

What are hot dogs up to at the stadium? $394.00USD? Something like that.

Yeah.... sounds about right.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 29, 2012, 04:03:10 PM

The only food I wonder consider halfway decent at the stadium would be the pulled pork and chicken sandwiches. Even those aren't anything to get too excited about. As others mentioned chow down before getting inside.

If you drink domestic beer buy it from a beer guy or the general concession stands.

If you prefer imports they do have  separate kiosks for those.
Agree about the pull pork kiosk -

The individual kiosks have independent businesses running those while the regular concession stands have fundraising groups who under or overcook the food and don't seem to know what they're doing.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First time at a Bucs game and RJS on 12/09....Parking questions, etc.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools