Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bowl Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#45 : January 03, 2013, 11:55:27 AM

i know its an excuse, but i think UF's Juniors decided they'd rather go to the NFL rather than play win one more game.  maybe thats on muschamp...but i think those guys decided on what mattered most to them.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 03, 2013, 12:11:18 PM

i know its an excuse, but i think UF's Juniors decided they'd rather go to the NFL rather than play win one more game.  maybe thats on muschamp...but i think those guys decided on what mattered most to them.

How does that make sense? You don't think those "juniors" would want to make one last good impression on a BCS stage for pro scouts?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#47 : January 03, 2013, 01:56:45 PM

nah that one doesnt fly. the only players on UF that had a good game and played hard were the two guys that ended up declaring for the draft. Elam and Floyd played very well in that game. the rest of the team played like hot garbage.

muschamp showed that hes still a rookie coach in this game. charlie strong completely outcoached him and muschamp started panicking. the first TD reeked of desperation and the multiple onside kicks early on sealed the game. his players were completely undisciplined and out of control and got a bunch of idiot penalties. he should have pulled them aside and settled them down but he didnt. to be honest they got away with at least 3 other things that would have gotten personal fouls as well. bostic waving his finger in the refs face should have been a penalty and im amazed it wasnt called. elam's hit on the receiver's head when he was trying to trap that ball with his legs in the first quarter. there were also numerous borderline hits and taunting going on.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#48 : January 03, 2013, 04:18:18 PM

The third down defense was bad, but I'm not sure that was on the players.  I don't think the team was flat, as they were making some bone-crushing hits and those WR's were making some amazing catches.  I think that Louisville's staff simply out-schemed Florida's, and that was shocking to see.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 03, 2013, 04:37:14 PM

they looked overly confident at the start and panicked when they got punched in the mouth.

This is exactly what happened.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#50 : January 03, 2013, 06:23:29 PM

they looked overly confident at the start and panicked when they got punched in the mouth.

This is exactly what happened.

of course thats what happened. im an FSU fan, ive seen happen way more times than i care to remember ???

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#51 : January 03, 2013, 06:47:00 PM

How does that make sense? You don't think those "juniors" would want to make one last good impression on a BCS stage for pro scouts?

i call it the raheem morris disease.  every player trying to make a big play.  its much better for every player to do their assignment.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#52 : January 03, 2013, 06:53:31 PM

nah that one doesnt fly. the only players on UF that had a good game and played hard were the two guys that ended up declaring for the draft. Elam and Floyd played very well in that game. the rest of the team played like hot garbage.

muschamp showed that hes still a rookie coach in this game. charlie strong completely outcoached him and muschamp started panicking. the first TD reeked of desperation and the multiple onside kicks early on sealed the game. his players were completely undisciplined and out of control and got a bunch of idiot penalties. he should have pulled them aside and settled them down but he didnt. to be honest they got away with at least 3 other things that would have gotten personal fouls as well. bostic waving his finger in the refs face should have been a penalty and im amazed it wasnt called. elam's hit on the receiver's head when he was trying to trap that ball with his legs in the first quarter. there were also numerous borderline hits and taunting going on.

was sean payton a rookie coach when he tried an onside kick?  i do agree that the team was undisciplined and out of control.  i heard a long time ago that there was still an influence on this team from the Meyer days.  we'll see if it cleans up now that most all players there are more or less muschamps.  either way, im still very impressed with muschamp.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#53 : January 03, 2013, 07:41:41 PM

was sean payton a rookie coach when he tried an onside kick?  i do agree that the team was undisciplined and out of control.  i heard a long time ago that there was still an influence on this team from the Meyer days.  we'll see if it cleans up now that most all players there are more or less muschamps.  either way, im still very impressed with muschamp.

no, he wasnt but that was also one of the most insane calls ive ever seen. he looks like a genius now because it worked but 8 out of 10 times its going to fail and make you look like a fool.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#54 : January 03, 2013, 07:54:14 PM

i think chris johnson retaliating (2nd guy always gets caught + no reason to ever throw a punch) and the other personal foul on the play were the big mistakes.  muschamp trusted his defense, and his ST's.  muschamp also probably had a good idea his halftime adjustments would work, which they did.  gutsy call?  sure.  backfire?  definitely.  but i dont think rookie or insane are good descriptions. 

granted, i am biased.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#55 : January 03, 2013, 08:39:31 PM

i think chris johnson retaliating (2nd guy always gets caught + no reason to ever throw a punch) and the other personal foul on the play were the big mistakes.  muschamp trusted his defense, and his ST's.  muschamp also probably had a good idea his halftime adjustments would work, which they did.  gutsy call?  sure.  backfire?  definitely.  but i dont think rookie or insane are good descriptions. 

granted, i am biased.

my insane comment was referring to sean payton's onside kick in the superbowl. it was so crazy it worked. huge roll of the dice though

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#56 : January 05, 2013, 11:25:29 PM

NIU and Louisville both held their own quite nicely.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#57 : January 06, 2013, 10:01:48 AM

NIU and Louisville both held their own quite nicely.

Florida State didn't play all that well, and they still won by three TD's.  Not sure how that would equate to their opponent holding their own.

And nobody ever had a problem with Louisville being in a BCS bowl game.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#58 : January 06, 2013, 12:03:30 PM

It was 17-10 entering the 4th quarter when the obvious disparity in size and athleticism took over.   Very few gave Louisville any chance in that game and there has been much complaining about the Big East having an automatic bid to the BCS.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#59 : January 06, 2013, 01:52:09 PM

olaf - did you watch the fsu-niu game?  i thought they were completely dominated and were only in it because fsu kept shooting themselves in the foot.  i do agree louisville held their own quite nicely.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bowl Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools