Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#75 : December 03, 2012, 03:07:11 PM

I like the arena league rules where the clock stops if you get negative yardage.

I never knew arena league did that.   That's a brilliant idea and that is exactly what the NFL should implement.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#76 : December 03, 2012, 03:09:38 PM

The "repercussions" arent this teams problem. They do whats told of them which is to keep fighting until the final whistle. If the other team has a problem with rushing the kneeldown thats their issue. Not this teams. And I seriously doubt anybody is gonna get hurt over this. Our guys are clear that they arent trying to hurt anybody. What happened after the play is no different than some scrums that happen earlier in games. The players cant go out there and play scared. They do their job and thats it. The kneel down bull rush is to get the ball back. Nothing more nothing less.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#77 : December 03, 2012, 03:12:06 PM

i still dont understand the fuss.  just tell your OL to block for your QB on the kneel down.  why make this more difficult that it is?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#78 : December 03, 2012, 03:13:31 PM

i still dont understand the fuss.  just tell your OL to block for your QB on the kneel down.  why make this more difficult that it is?

Just another thing to complain and be negative about is my guess. Its no surprise to me who has a problem with this. A reason to speak up and be negative. Check.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#79 : December 03, 2012, 03:15:58 PM

The "repercussions" arent this teams problem. They do whats told of them which is to keep fighting until the final whistle. If the other team has a problem with rushing the kneeldown thats their issue. Not this teams. And I seriously doubt anybody is gonna get hurt over this. Our guys are clear that they arent trying to hurt anybody. What happened after the play is no different than some scrums that happen earlier in games. The players cant go out there and play scared. They do their job and thats it. The kneel down bull rush is to get the ball back. Nothing more nothing less.

Wrong and ignorant.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#80 : December 03, 2012, 03:16:32 PM

Automatic clock stoppage after a play that results in a loss of yards seems brilliant and simple to me. Is there some drawback I am not thinking of?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#81 : December 03, 2012, 03:17:50 PM

Automatic clock stoppage after a play that results in a loss of yards seems brilliant and simple to me. Is there some drawback I am not thinking of?

It's absolutely what the NFL should implement.   Since the arena league thought of it though, it's not likely they will.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#82 : December 03, 2012, 03:18:49 PM

Watch that video I just posted.   A center can't block 3 guys jumping offsides directly ramming him before he snaps the ball.

gone

Hall of Famer
#83 : December 03, 2012, 03:19:35 PM

QB gets sacked in a 2 minute drill?  Huge gift to an offense.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#84 : December 03, 2012, 03:21:15 PM

It should only be within 2 minutes of the end of the game, and only apply to the team that is leading.   If the game is tied, the clock does not stop.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#85 : December 03, 2012, 03:23:04 PM

Not like he's gonna take the sack on purpose to stop the clock....so it's not being abused. It would be a nice change for offenses though in that situation.

Not only would it eliminate the kneel down, but a team trying to run out the clock would have to actually run the ball for positive yardage to do so. I think it sounds great. You wanna run the clock out? Earn that sh!t.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#86 : December 03, 2012, 03:26:27 PM

How can anyone expect offensive linemen to have to block? That's just ignorant and bush league.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#87 : December 03, 2012, 03:29:14 PM

How can anyone expect offensive linemen to have to block? That's just ignorant and bush league.

It's definitely ignorant and bush league if you expect a guy snapping the ball to block 3 guys hitting him at the same time.  Especially when they are hitting him before the snap.   

I actually had no problem with it until those idiots jumped before the snap.   It's quite different 1 guy hitting a player before the snap and 3 players hitting him before the snap - especially when that guy is the center and he's not even looking up at the time he's being hit.    If that's not a high risk of injury, nothing is.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#88 : December 03, 2012, 03:32:02 PM

Your description of it makes me think we should try that on every play.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#89 : December 03, 2012, 03:32:49 PM

Agree. If its that hard to do. We should do it every time.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools