Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GAMEDAY THREAD: Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48

BucOrDie21

Rookie

#675 : December 09, 2012, 04:58:05 PM

This should stop the playoff talk. That defense is atrocious. They can't stop anybody when they have to. As soon as we punted the ball, I knew we were through....

Our defense isn't bad. Our run defense is incredible - our LBs are so quick to diagnose screens too. We lead the NFL in negative yardage plays on defense.

The problem is the secondary. That's what it comes down to. I think Sheridan is an idiot to not play any zone, his scheme needs elite CBs to work. Not crap.

At this point sheridan can play man, zone, combo coverage, zone blitz, cover 0, or cover 11 and it wouldnt matter. There is no word to describe how bad our secondary is in coverage, we know it and the rest of the nfl knows it. Foles hung 300+ yards on us WITHOUT a sufficient run game. We know teams are going to throw and we just cannot stop them. The secondary is a lost cause at this point and even next year i dont see drafting one good corner helping us out at all.

Wright will be gone in the offseason so hopefully we can pick up DRC. I dont care if he cant/wont tackle thats not what we need.

upthegut

Practice Squad

#676 : December 09, 2012, 04:58:40 PM

21-10 lead in the 4th... How is this loss on Freeman again?

Did you watch the first half?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#677 : December 09, 2012, 04:59:58 PM

Yea. I watched the second half too. 21-10 lead in the 4th.

cgnumber7

Starter

#678 : December 09, 2012, 05:01:02 PM

because when d was playing good in first half, due to horrible decision making and inaccurate passes, freeman and the offense put up 0 thats right 0 points, including going backwards twice in 3 drives including one where we started on the 50 yd line, if they put up just 7 pts this is a different game

thats how

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#679 : December 09, 2012, 05:01:06 PM

So... 0-4 against that division. I hope we don't play anyone from the NFC East next season.

upthegut

Practice Squad

#680 : December 09, 2012, 05:01:16 PM

you realise if freeman had managed to show up in the first half we may have actually scored some more points and had a bigger lead in the 4th??

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#681 : December 09, 2012, 05:02:11 PM

Are some of u really blaming the officials?
Did you not see the blatant holding on that last drive? Our secondary blew it but that drive was not called fairly at all.
Obviously jhop doesn't know what HOLDING is. On the last TD the RT was practically undressing our DE! The Eagles got away with a ton no calls! Don't blame this game on the Refs you say? Every damn game is 25% players/ 25% coaching/ 50% refs. Had the refs called the hold Bucs would have won this game since the clock was at :00.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#682 : December 09, 2012, 05:02:59 PM

This was awful.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#683 : December 09, 2012, 05:03:25 PM

Done with the team for the year.  Not worth my time.  And I am sad to say it.

See you guys in the offseason!

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#684 : December 09, 2012, 05:03:27 PM

And I'm not saying Freeman is the answer, but this game is not on him.
They score more points, this is not an issue.  It is on him.

The secondary is going to give up 300 plus through the sky.  You plan for it.  They aren't going to suddenly "stiffen uP". 

Freeman is a heaping mess of a QB, and Sheridan needs to go, as well as Ron Cooper.

My gawd...you do not reward failure.

Up 11 w/6 mins to go and u put this loss on Freeman?

BucOrDie21

Rookie

#685 : December 09, 2012, 05:03:38 PM

I think its unfair to single out free but he was irratic in the first half. If hes and rhythm and scores us one td or puts us in a position to score one td in the first half we win the game.

At this point im ready to find a qb who a game manager ala brad johnson. Didnt ask him to do much but he did what we needed him to do.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#686 : December 09, 2012, 05:04:44 PM

Quote from: Al Bundy
This was awful.

+1.... Weekend Ruined.

Work is going to suck this week too.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#687 : December 09, 2012, 05:05:21 PM

Are some of u really blaming the officials?
Did you not see the blatant holding on that last drive? Our secondary blew it but that drive was not called fairly at all.
Obviously jhop doesn't know what HOLDING is. On the last TD the RT was practically undressing our DE! The Eagles got away with a ton no calls! Don't blame this game on the Refs you say? Every damn game is 25% players/ 25% coaching/ 50% refs. Had the refs called the hold Bucs would have won this game since the clock was at :00.

I was at the game...called the holding from the stands, but c'mon, that no call isn't the reason they lost.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#688 : December 09, 2012, 05:05:29 PM

you realise if freeman had managed to show up in the first half we may have actually scored some more points and had a bigger lead in the 4th??
Granted but he did put us in position to win the game. Our secondary blew it.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#689 : December 09, 2012, 05:07:54 PM

And I'm not saying Freeman is the answer, but this game is not on him.
They score more points, this is not an issue.  It is on him.

The secondary is going to give up 300 plus through the sky.  You plan for it.  They aren't going to suddenly "stiffen uP". 

Freeman is a heaping mess of a QB, and Sheridan needs to go, as well as Ron Cooper.

My gawd...you do not reward failure.

Up 11 w/6 mins to go and u put this loss on Freeman?
They want to blame the guy for everything. He should have blanketed Maclin on that last play.
Page: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GAMEDAY THREAD: Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools