Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 82

Hate

Hall of Famer
#240 : December 07, 2012, 03:40:05 PM

For me, i just wanna see the guy step it up against a legit opponent in a game that matters. Its as simple as that.

But he has!! Didn't you see that game in Charlotte a few weeks ago??

::)

+1, Hate.

That was quite a come back. Great throws at the end of the game to win. Without Freeman we dont win that game. Sorry you guys arent impressed with that win.

Do you not recall what caused us to fall behind in he first place?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#241 : December 07, 2012, 03:46:01 PM

For me, i just wanna see the guy step it up against a legit opponent in a game that matters. Its as simple as that.

+1, Hate.

That was quite a come back. Great throws at the end of the game to win. Without Freeman we dont win that game. Sorry you guys arent impressed with that win.

So then the comeback should be forgotten then. I feel like we cant win with you guys. Remind me not to talk Freeman with you guys until he has won a super bowl or playoff game.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#242 : December 07, 2012, 04:06:10 PM

But how many chance did he really have to step up in such sitautions?

2009, he took over a winless team, beat quality teams in 'meaningless' games
2010, he got 10 wins, team looked hot at the end of the year, had what could have been a game winning drive vs Det, had the refs not thrown a flag or had the d# kept them ffrom scoring. Detroit beat GB 2 weeks earlier finishing 4-0. Then he won @NO, a game in which the saints felt the need to play their starters late into the 4th Q. Sorry but as much the easy shedule might have help to win 10 instead of 8, it is also the reason he did not had many chances to step up in a game that matter up against a legit opponent.
2011, beat NO and ATL at home, but since they team gave up on the coach it was meaningless again.
2012, last two opponents qualify as legit. Freeman played solid, nothing special, but he defintly did not lose 'em alone. We can win out, miss the PO to SEA, and still talk about NO being alread out of it and ATL having nothing to play for, making them non legit opponents.

Is CARs defense really that bad, and CHI really that good? Why should Freeman be blamed for CARs inapt offense? It isnt the defense that makes them 3-9. With Cutler as their QB they prolly would have a much better record, while CHI prolly would not be 8-4 vs average teams with Newton.
So why is stepping up against a team plagued by a bad offense less impressive than a win vs a solid offensive teams? While one guy has a nasty defense helping him out and the other guy has the #32 passing D to rely on?
Sorry but you have to compare the defenses Freeman lead combacks again, those are the guyys he faces. You can not judge a defense by its W-L, which is an team accomplishment, highly effected by its offense.

Freeman scored 42 @OAK, QBR of 108, Peyton just got 26, with a QBR of 95 yesterday. Freemans D# gave up 32 points to 'em. Safe to say Peyton could not have won with our D, since 26>32, right?
: December 07, 2012, 04:09:11 PM QaZ

youngone

Hall of Famer
#243 : December 07, 2012, 04:08:11 PM

+1, Hate.

So then the comeback should be forgotten then. I feel like we cant win with you guys. Remind me not to talk Freeman with you guys until he has won a super bowl or playoff game.
Lol I know right.. Like Freeman is some bum that isn't living up to great pedigree of QB this franchise is accustomed to.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#244 : December 07, 2012, 04:39:03 PM

+1, Hate.

If you can't handle slight criticisms of Freeman, then maybe that's a good idea. Seems like you can't with what you did in the bold. You are doing just what BucNY did with his dumb post. You are taking what is being said, and stretching it to the extreme and acting like people are saying that Freeman sucks. No one in this thread, that I have seen, has even hinted that Freeman sucks. All that has been given is reasons why some don't feel that Freeman should be extended yet.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#245 : December 07, 2012, 04:55:08 PM

Just to be clear, nothing would make me happier than for Freeman to be our QB for the next 10 yrs but something about the guy just doesn't inspire confidence from me. Just when i wanna jump on his bandwagon with both feet, he has one of those games where it seems like his mind is elsewhere. I can't speak for anyone else.... those are just my thoughts.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

orlandobuc2k5

Second String
#246 : December 07, 2012, 05:10:03 PM

I have to vote that we should wait to extend him.  I think he is doing a good job - I think there are times he seems overwhelmed, and pretty much every game, I think his passing accuracy is just not very good.  He has a couple big play receivers that can make a lot of throws look really good.  He has a running game, and when he remembers, he's got a pretty good tight end to go to as well.  I don't wanna see one more bullet thrown on a screen pass, or another receiver catching a slant on his back hip on at his knees, but I am sure that I will.

He's a good quarterback - I am not saying he blows.   I am just wondering what he brings specifically that most other quarterbacks in the league would also bring that makes us feel we HAVE to extend him early.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#247 : December 07, 2012, 05:13:53 PM

+1, Hate.

If you can't handle slight criticisms of Freeman, then maybe that's a good idea. Seems like you can't with what you did in the bold. You are doing just what BucNY did with his dumb post. You are taking what is being said, and stretching it to the extreme and acting like people are saying that Freeman sucks. No one in this thread, that I have seen, has even hinted that Freeman sucks. All that has been given is reasons why some don't feel that Freeman should be extended yet.

You said yourself you have high expectations. You want playoffs and SB. I just understand it takes more than great QB play to do that. Especially if your defense can't stop the pass or get to the passer. Asking a 24 year old QB to overcome that is highly unlikely to happen. Even when he's playing the best football of his career so far. Scratch that, it's hard for ANY QB to do. Yet you guys act like he should be able to do this. Go ahead and put the whole team on Freeman. Nobody in that building does that. This is a team game. Could Freeman play better of course he could. But I mean he can only do so much with that defense and lack of pass rush. They have averaged a **CENSORED** load of points this year but its not good enough to you guys. Fair enough. I'm staying out of that argument from now on. He's never going to live up to your expectations with that defense as bad as it is.

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
#248 : December 07, 2012, 06:28:45 PM

Just to be clear, nothing would make me happier than for Freeman to be our QB for the next 10 yrs but something about the guy just doesn't inspire confidence from me. Just when i wanna jump on his bandwagon with both feet, he has one of those games where it seems like his mind is elsewhere. I can't speak for anyone else.... those are just my thoughts.

Indeed.  Exactly the same experience for me.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#249 : December 07, 2012, 06:33:19 PM

BB85, those excuses would work if Freeman had played fantastic over the past 3 years and the team was still gets smashed...but even with as bad as the defense and talent has been, Freeman has had opportunities, and he has failed to capitalize on them in games vs contenders. That is step one that I want to see from Freeman. The rest will come if he shows that he can beat good teams when given the opportunity.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#250 : December 07, 2012, 06:37:53 PM

I get the criticism of freeman, I think most on the freeman bandwagon gets mad at the fact that the people criticizing freeman only show up after a loss and no where to be found after a win...excluding hate and chace.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#251 : December 07, 2012, 06:48:51 PM

I get the criticism of freeman, I think most on the freeman bandwagon gets mad at the fact that the people criticizing freeman only show up after a loss and no where to be found after a win...excluding hate and chace.
It is not like people were leading choruses of boos in game 4 or anything.  Freeman is the easy scapegoat everyone is waiting to pounce on while ignoring the rest of the teams problems. If Free tanks the last four games you make him earn it next season.  You pay him now and he fades.   

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#252 : December 07, 2012, 07:05:42 PM

It is not like people were leading choruses of boos in game 4 or anything.  Freeman is the easy scapegoat everyone is waiting to pounce on while ignoring the rest of the teams problems. If Free tanks the last four games you make him earn it next season.  You pay him now and he fades.
that the part I don't understand when they use him as a scapegoat, when they can clearly see the D give up a touchdown almost every drive. The one game he truly looked bad in was dallas.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#253 : December 07, 2012, 07:50:48 PM

I really don't see why this conversation even continues. With his age/body of work I don't see how you can justify not resigning him. Have the buccaneers ever had a QB as good as Josh? (Minus steve young) If he plays a full career here I think it is safe to say he will smash every Buccaneers QB record standing right now. He will probably finish this year with 30+ TDs and 10-15 INTs. Those are pretty solid numbers. Lock him up now; do not roll the dice!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#254 : December 07, 2012, 07:51:54 PM

I really don't see why this conversation even continues. With his age/body of work I don't see how you can justify not resigning him. Have the buccaneers ever had a QB as good as Josh? (Minus steve young) If he plays a full career here I think it is safe to say he will smash every Buccaneers QB record standing right now. He will probably finish this year with 30+ TDs and 10-15 INTs. That is pretty solid numbers. Lock him up now; Do not roll the dice!

Yup. And it's not easy to win games when your defense is 30th in the league for sacks and last in the pass. If you look at the teams bottom in the league in those two statistics, they aren't winning many games. Freeman and that offense are the reason they are even in this thing right now.
: December 07, 2012, 07:55:27 PM BucBalla85
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools