Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 82

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#330 : December 09, 2012, 03:50:07 PM

Boid - so you're thinking Freeman hasn't shown you he is a franchise qb yet?   

And having said that - I still they the bucs would be wise to re-sign him
After this season?  Hell naw.

You wait it out.
My thought is the pot would have to be right - for his level of play. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#331 : December 09, 2012, 03:57:44 PM

Barron blows

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#332 : December 09, 2012, 03:58:28 PM

Barron blows
He's a rookie, give him a break.

Juani2

Second String

#333 : December 09, 2012, 04:02:08 PM

It does seem like he gets beat a lot in coverage though...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#334 : December 09, 2012, 04:09:48 PM

Whoever wins this, today was a battle of two crappy teams. We aren't playoff material.

Draft Aaron Donald

upthegut

Practice Squad

#335 : December 09, 2012, 04:56:03 PM

this game perfectly sums up the problem with freeman, hes a streaky quarterback, often getting off to a slow start. He manages the game reasonably well and has a fairly good deep ball however he lacks the x factor and will never be more than an acceptable nfl starting quarterback. This team needs him though, if we were to let free go and pick up a rookie in the draft next offseason that could possibly set the franchise back even further, unfortunately we will have to stick with him for the foreseeable future. We will never win a championship with him and will be mediocre for a while, but i guarantee Dominik will overpay him and i just hope he doesn't completely break the bank to keep our 'above average' franchise quarter back.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#336 : December 09, 2012, 05:06:04 PM

After today's loss, I change my answer. We should let him play out 2013 before offering g him an extension. He is consistently inconsistent. That has to change before gets a big contract. **CENSORED** like today just isn't acceptable.

Draft Aaron Donald

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#337 : December 09, 2012, 05:10:23 PM

After today's loss, I change my answer. We should let him play out 2013 before offering g him an extension. He is consistently inconsistent. That has to change before gets a big contract. **CENSORED** like today just isn't acceptable.

I agree with waiting to sign him to an extension besides, I want Johnny football as our QB, in my dreams!

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#338 : December 09, 2012, 05:10:53 PM

If you can upgrade the most critical spot on the team, you go for it!
IF you (can) upgrade, i would be for this aswell.  But you better not downgrade the most critical position on the team, if you are not FORCED to do so.

"If you can upgrade the most critical spot on the team"........

There's the problem right there.  You can't.  Period.  If you could.....  EVERY team in the NFL would attempt to do so.

No denying somebody's gonna make a run at a Phiilip Rivers-caliber player, but...

#1 - Very few exist, due to the fact teams rarely let a franchise QB even hit the open market.
#2 - To do so usually means blowing up the team, because the GM who brought him in usually has his feet held to the fire.  (In this case - maybe the Glazers "blame Rah for the Freeman selection" - IF someone even has cause to place blame.)
#3 - By doing so, vets simply try to hang on for a few more years, or a house-cleaning similar to the Brooks departure occurs.
#4 - You relgate your team to "rebuilding status"... Again...  And Tampa Bay fans won't be crazy about that concept, I would think.

Bottom line though...  Freeman did his part...  Hang the Eagles loss directly on the defense's shoulders...  And then...

Sign him.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#339 : December 09, 2012, 05:24:09 PM

Bottom line though...  Freeman did his part...  Hang the Eagles loss directly on the defense's shoulders...  And then...

What?!  Whether you're in favor of resigning him or not, saying he did his part is completely insane.  That's beyond delusional.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#340 : December 09, 2012, 05:31:00 PM

Freeman did his part.....

Hilarious. It's amazing how people continually give him a pass. Dom will probably do the same and give him a sh*t-ton of money for mediocre play.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#341 : December 09, 2012, 05:32:21 PM

What?!  Whether you're in favor of resigning him or not, saying he did his part is completely insane.  That's beyond delusional.
Aman...  It's a team sport.

Freeman's job = getting the lead.  (He DID that.  Either in spite of him, or becuase of him, but either way - he got us the lead.)
Defense's job = stopping the opposing team's offense.  (Epic FAIL today.)

Desmond

Second String

#342 : December 09, 2012, 05:32:47 PM

14 for 34 for 189 yards. Not really a hundred million dollar QB. I would franchise him next year and she what he can do in his fifth yeah. I know one thing, Josh Freeman is not a franchise QB.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#343 : December 09, 2012, 05:34:04 PM

Freeman did his part.....

Hilarious. It's amazing how people continually give him a pass. Dom will probably do the same and give him a sh*t-ton of money for mediocre play.

Was Freeman a major factor in putting up 21 in the 2nd half...?  Just Sayin'.

Haters gonna hate.  Potatoes gonna potate.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#344 : December 09, 2012, 05:36:06 PM

Aman...  It's a team sport.

Freeman's job = getting the lead.  (He DID that.  Either in spite of him, or becuase of him, but either way - he got us the lead.)
Defense's job = stopping the opposing team's offense.  (Epic FAIL today.)

Exactly, it's a team sport.  The defense held the Eagles to 23 points.  Why did Freeman only score 21?  We can make that go both ways, but I don't care if the Bucs won 21-0, Freeman absolutely did not do his part today.  14/34 is beyond atrocious.
Page: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools