Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 82

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#570 : December 10, 2012, 12:48:58 AM

Freeman reverted to Freeturd today, I am not arguing that.

But you guys are absolutely, 100% OUT OF YOUR DAMN MINDS, if you think Freeman isn't going to make bank on his next contract.

There are teams out there that would kill to get the inconsistent Freeman every week on Sunday.

QBs so....SOOO much worse than him have gotten sooooooooo much more money than some of you are suggesting.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#571 : December 10, 2012, 12:49:39 AM

$10million a year, minimum.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#572 : December 10, 2012, 12:52:53 AM

If the next 20 games from Freeman are like the last 55... the other teams you're talking about... they can have him.  As the famous quote goes... "we lost with you... we can lose without you".

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#573 : December 10, 2012, 12:54:41 AM

That wasn't even my point.

My point is that a vast majority of the posters here apparently have an unbelievably skewed understanding of QB value in the NFL along with the free agent market.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#574 : December 10, 2012, 12:57:10 AM

Jay Cutler was a phenomenal example.

Look at how much coin that dude got and then look at how unbelievably average he is.

Re-sign Freeman for 1 year 3.5 million?

LOL

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#575 : December 10, 2012, 12:58:20 AM

My point is that a vast majority of the posters here apparently have an unbelievably skewed understanding of QB value in the NFL along with the free agent market.

Agree. a few teams like Buffalo, KC, Miami, even the Jets would love to have him and be willing to shell out the cash too.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#576 : December 10, 2012, 01:00:36 AM

Agree. a few teams like Buffalo, KC, Miami, even the Jets would love to have him and be willing to shell out the cash too.

I don't agree with Miami (because of Tannehill).

Completely agree on all other teams though. The Jets would pick up Freeman in a gold plated helicopter and give him a key to the city.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#577 : December 10, 2012, 01:00:44 AM

I don't know if this is true anymore.  We'll have to see how things play out in the coming years.  It's a passer driven league these days.  I don't think teams are going to shell out big bucks for a QB they don't have confidence can run their offense.  Like I said, if there's a team out there that is dumb enough to pay Freeman $10M per year for what he's done over the last 3.5 seasons, I hope it's not the Bucs.  Arizona and Seattle are examples I'd point to.  While they paid money for QB's, they were team friendly deals and the QB's got very short leashes.  If Freeman hits the FA market... I think that's the likely path for him.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#578 : December 10, 2012, 01:05:06 AM

I don't agree with Miami (because of Tannehill).

Completely agree on all other teams though. The Jets would pick up Freeman in a gold plated helicopter and give him a key to the city.

Ya Tannehill is not bad.  On a side note, Tannehill is older than Freeman.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#579 : December 10, 2012, 01:06:13 AM

Look at how much coin that dude got and then look at how unbelievably average he is.

LOL

yeah seriously, for one good game Matt Flynn got 6.6 million a year

a couple of years before that, they also signed Charlie Whitehurst to 4 million a year and he never even had one good game before that

Kolb got 10 million a year for a couple of good games

Freeman is definitely getting more than 10 million a year.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#580 : December 10, 2012, 01:07:31 AM

I don't know if this is true anymore.  We'll have to see how things play out in the coming years.  It's a passer driven league these days.  I don't think teams are going to shell out big bucks for a QB they don't have confidence can run their offense.  Like I said, if there's a team out there that is dumb enough to pay Freeman $10M per year for what he's done over the last 3.5 seasons, I hope it's not the Bucs.  Arizona and Seattle are examples I'd point to.  While they paid money for QB's, they were team friendly deals and the QB's got very short leashes.  If Freeman hits the FA market... I think that's the likely path for him.

Freeman had more TDs this year than all of them did combined during their previous careers with other teams.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#581 : December 10, 2012, 01:09:55 AM

I couldn't disagree more.

First off, Kevin Kolb got what? $63 million over 5 years with $20mil of it guranteed? For putting some extremely average play on 3 games worth of game tape.

Friggin' Fitzpatrick got $9.8mil a year for some extremely average play and a Freeman-esque inability to win big games.

Look at how abysmal the quarterbacking was for Jacksonville, KC, New York, Arizona, and Minnesota yesterday.

You think they wouldn't kill to have a guy with 3:1 TD to INT ration?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#582 : December 10, 2012, 01:13:56 AM

I have to imagine Minnesota would be in the drivers seat for a playoff spot if they had Freeman.

Some of you are just kidding yourself if you think we are going to keep Freeman for some half-assed deal.

We either shell out the big bucks for Freeman and ride the Freeturd-Freemazing rollercoaster or you start over from square 1.

Unfortunately, the path back from square 1 is loaded with franchise crippling pit-falls that go by the names of Blaine Gabbert, Jason Campbell, Kevin Kolb, Vince Young, ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

Pick your poison.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#583 : December 10, 2012, 01:16:21 AM

I am sure Free and his dad are no fools, they will scoff at a low ball offer. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#584 : December 10, 2012, 07:22:44 AM

LOL

Bad example. Jay Cutler is exponentially better than Freeman.

The Bucs are onboard with Freeman, doesn't matter what any of us fans think.

We don't know that to be true.  Freeman was Morris' guy... not Dominik's and not Schiano's.  The fact that Schiano hasn't really ever given Freeman a glowing endorsement tells me that he's not convinced.  The fact that Dominik hasn't made mention about an extension more or less backs that up as well as it says that Dominik isn't sold on Freeman either.

And I would counter that they have not brought in one bit of competition at the QB position, showing they are all in on Free.

They had one offseason so far to try and fill a bunch of holes. They really haven't had much of an opportunity to bring someone in for competition. I would be slightly disappointed if they didn't draft a QB in rounds 4-7. Or at test the waters on a trade for Cousins or Mallett.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools