Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 82

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 06, 2012, 01:18:06 PM

Absolutely not. Freeman might have put up decent numbers in his first 3.5 years...but he always plays bad against a good defensive team and can't seem to get over the hump when facing a quality opponent. He has what it takes to put up decent stats, but I'm not sure if he has that "it' to carry this team to a postseason, let alone, a SB.

Don't give him anything until his contract is up. If he plays well next season, and he is worth retaining, then you tag him and work out a deal.

"He has earned it"

Lol. He has not earned sh*t. That makes me laugh.

I predict they will lock him up this summer. Possibly earlier. Its not easy to find a QB in this league. Freeman may not be the best one out there or even close to it but hes got serious potential at 24 years old and has already had a few decent seasons. They wont think twice about this. They will lock him up before next season. They would be wise to because if he they decide to wait and Freeman has an even better season than this ( is very possible) then Dom looks real dumb for not doing it earlier. You would have to pay that much more and where that money could be spent elsewhere. If they sign him, they should do it sooner than later.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : December 06, 2012, 01:24:30 PM

How is this team getting to the Super Bowl? If it's by defense, then even Dilfer is a good enough QB. If it's by offense, is Freeman good enough to carry us there? I'm certainly not convinced.

Anybody think our defense is up to it? Welcome to Spinningourwheelsville.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 06, 2012, 01:28:47 PM

How is this team getting to the Super Bowl? If it's by defense, then even Dilfer is a good enough QB. If it's by offense, is Freeman good enough to carry us there? I'm certainly not convinced.

You dont get to the SB just by the QB. Its a team game. Obviously this team needs to improve a few things before they can even compete for that chance to win a SB. Right now their defense needs to improve a lot if they want a chance at it. Then when they get in, Freeman, ST, Defense all need to work together to win it all. Even Mannings last two super bowls werent all him. He had support from a great DEs, great WRs, and opportunistic secondary. Thats what Freeman and this team will need. Freemans no Peyton or Brady but I think with the support of those areas on the team, hed be good enough to win it all. Honestly doing that is not impossible.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 06, 2012, 01:44:56 PM

He has not earned sh*t. That makes me laugh.

lol, contracts/saleries are not about what you earn. Its signed before the actual work, and paid after. Its not about your past, its about expectations(based on your past). The question is not if he has earned it, its about is he worth it. Or do we have a cheaper/more talented alternative? Its not like our waiting can back fire easily.
If you wanna franchise tag him, good luck. Freeman might be rich and young enough to just hold out, if he already has a team willing to pick him up long term and i'm sure there are a few.
Are we really in the right position to just dictate the conditions? Does he really want to play in a poor community, with black outs every home game and one of the worst defenses in the NFL? It is not just about the money from the bucs, a QB can make alot more off the field. Looks like a NY team is searching for an atleast average QB.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 06, 2012, 01:47:13 PM

I'd like to place it all on "Not Impossible" for the win.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 06, 2012, 01:49:51 PM

" Looks like a NY team is searching for an at least average QB. "

Freeman fills the bill.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 06, 2012, 01:53:38 PM

How about a bit of offense AND defense. What if OUR defense can not carry a guy like dilfer, but average play of freeman would be enough?  Are we sure we can atleast get a QB like Dilfer when needed? Are you willing to waste all this time and other opportunities on a desperate search for the one guy that can carry a team alone, maybe you never find one. How about spreading out your assets?

Teams with QB like dilfer won because they tried with him, they did not give up, thinking they just do not have the QB for now yet.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 06, 2012, 01:55:55 PM

You may want to check for injuries, as it appears that you just got hit by a truckload of stupid.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 06, 2012, 01:56:00 PM

I'd like to place it all on "Not Impossible" for the win.

lol well its not impossible. You gotta put together the right team. Even our super bowl win didnt work without the complementary other parts. Gotta have everything working together. I think if we had those parts this year we would have been able to make a run. So I guess to answer your question, hes not good enough to do it on his own but hes good enough to win it with a team helping him out and doing their jobs right too. It would be cool to have a guy who could do it all by himself but hes just not that guy. Ive come to accept that but it looks like people want him to be that guy when hes not. Even if hes not that guy doesnt mean he cant win a SB.
: December 06, 2012, 01:58:03 PM BucBalla85

Theoldbuc

Starter

#39 : December 06, 2012, 01:57:24 PM

YOUR FOOTBALL IQ IS SHOWING! There is a lot room for a good defense  between where we are and the 2002 defense. They were a defense for the ages. Eli didn't have one of those. They were very good, but no where near as dominate as Lynch, Brooks, Sapp and Company! I am not even sure Big Ben had a defense that good, in his rookie year. But he did have **CENSORED** Lebeau. Freeman is good enough to win with  a mediocre pass defense. But the league's worst? Not even Peyton Manning could do that. And you know how good Peyton is, right? ;)

That being said, our defense is pretty good at taking the ball away. As a matter of fact they did a great job on the 3rd down play (except getting Peyton on the ground) that Moreno made the seated catch for a first down. That was a game changer, not because of bad defense, but because of an exceptional, albeit, lucky play. Take that away and one of their touchdowns doesn't happen. Oh, and since I am on Denver, there was a BS PI call on Ronde that would have averted another TD.  So take away two plays and just maybe.... :D

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 06, 2012, 01:58:39 PM

The haters say to stop using his age as an excuse, but it isn't an excuse. It's just a fact. He is less than one year older than Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson. If you ignore the fact that he is barely older than these rookies, then you are the one with a bias.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 06, 2012, 01:59:50 PM

" Looks like a NY team is searching for an atleast average QB. "

Freeman fills the bill.

Which keeps us with the polish rifle and 1 (2?) pick in the 10s. If this your alternative, i will not pay the bill. Never smart to draft a QB when you have to. Wonder why Indy ended up with Luck?

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 06, 2012, 02:01:05 PM

Could trade him to KC for there first round pick and our 4th

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 06, 2012, 02:01:28 PM

You have to be able to afford all those other components though. Which you can't if you spent it all on a "franchise" QB. If they produce, they're worth it.

Is Freeman worth a franchise QB contract?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 06, 2012, 02:03:16 PM

Three weeks ago we had the best offense in the NFL... Now we should trade Freeman... Hillarious.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools