Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 82

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#210 : December 07, 2012, 09:59:19 AM

I believe the Bucs will be trading for Tebow in the offseason, so no need for Freeman.

Oh lord. You're back and dumber than ever.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#211 : December 07, 2012, 10:07:38 AM

When was I ever gone?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#212 : December 07, 2012, 10:15:46 AM

Freeman has Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Doug Martin, and 2 great guards in front of him.

What team with a better situation is going to want him?

The only team he would leave for is the Chiefs, and I think that they would draft a QB this year, meaning that come FA next year, they won't be looking for anyone.

Wait until at least midway through next season to see how he's doing.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#213 : December 07, 2012, 10:18:26 AM

Freeman has .... 2 great guards in front of him.
He does?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#214 : December 07, 2012, 10:18:38 AM

When was I ever gone?

Last couple days, no?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#215 : December 07, 2012, 10:22:27 AM

Really Chace? The Lions? We won that game and you know it. Free hit Winslow in the end zone and the robbed us. NFL even admitted it on the following Monday.

Yes, really. We lost that game. Bad calls happen. Sorry to be blunt, but only a blind homer thinks that: A. We "really" won that game. B. That singular call kept up out of the postseason

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010121908/2010/REG15/lions@buccaneers?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gamepass&tab=recap

The Bucs lost that game. Period.

What you miss though is that Freeman made a legitimate play that was taken away. That happens all the time I know. However, in this case the League came out and said yes it should have been a td. Not a blind homer. Just the facts.

I don't doubt that the NFL came out and said that it was a mistake. Blown calls happen all the time. It's part of the game. Good teams overcome them. I fault Freeman for not playing better in that game overall. The loss isn't solely on his shoulders, but he didn't step up in that game.

If you have either one of the "A" or "B" thoughts above, then yes, you are a blind homer. That play happened with 9 minutes to go in the 4th, and the Bucs had another shot the next play and Freeman made a dumb throw up to MW19 when he was blanketed. That play did not lose the Bucs that game. They couldn't make enough plays on offense, and the defense couldn't stop Stanton and the Lions in the 4th and OT.

Just the facts.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#216 : December 07, 2012, 10:24:17 AM

He does?

I guess when the whole team is healthy, that Nicks is large enough to count as 2 great guards, instead of just one.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#217 : December 07, 2012, 10:26:15 AM

Playing well enough to beat quality teams and secure a playoff spot > being near the top of "several important statistics in passing"

several important statistics in passing = cherry picked stats that don't tell the whole story

whole story = In 3.5 years, Freeman has not been able to step up and deliver against quality opponents in the middle of a playoff run.

But we are talking about extending FREMANN, not the WHOLE team.
So why are you bringing up team accomplishments, while calling pointing at indiviual stats cherry picking?

Were those teams in 2010 and 2011 PO bound, just one quality QB away from the big thing? Why is M Stafford already out of it now, with still 4 weeks to go? What did Eli do between those two SBs? Why is Marino still THE quaterback , having the best coach in the history of the game at the sideline, but not winning one single ring?

I'm going backt to 2010, i do not get why i should give Freeman any more credit for 2010, had K2 not draw that flag in week 16. We were 10-6, and missed the PO, SEA got in with 7-9, did they have a better QB? Freeman did enough to have a shot at sneaking in the POs, like Rodgers did, or Eli twice. Just because of a few coincidence i do not see why i should see him as a guy keeping us out of the POs. Yes, he did not carry us to an undisputed  PO appearence yet , like Ryan did multiple times or Eli and Rodgers each once . But aint it funny that all those team went winless after?

I think he is good enough, this team has enough other holes to fill, before i would see him as THE weakness of THIS team. Sure, a better QB would help, but why risk getting a worse one, why waste draft picks and money searching for one, when you could use them somewhere else,  f/e improving our sub par defense.

There were no team accomplishments.

While Freeman playing better in 2011 may have only resulted in 2-3 more wins...in 2010, Freeman had chances to win games against the Lions and the Falcons, and he failed to step it up. Say what you want to about the Winslow PI call, or Stovall's missed tackle, but the fact is that Freeman plays the most important position on the field and he did step up to the plate to help secure the win. Sure, they lost as a team, but Freeman's role as QB and as the leader of that squad should have had him do what he was able to do in the first half of the season, which was play clutch ball in the 4th qtr.

So if the defense can't get a stop or if the special teams allow a return for 6, it's on the QB? Got it! And Marino wasn't as good as Kurt Warner because he never won the SB, right?

To the first part of your post....Freeman's int to Grimes sealed the victory for the Falcons. Freeman failed to step it up at the end of the game. Period.  No argument on that game. That happened. Doesn't mean he can't perform in clutch situations.

To the second part....nice stretch. You showed that you completely missed the point. No, you missed the point. I think your view of Freeman's performance is just as absurd as Warner being better than Marino. Comprende?

Ok, that's fine...but the point was which QB has had the better year in 2012, or which has a a better defense backing them up. It was pointing specifically at a game in which Russell had the chance to be overcome by the moment of being on the road, in December, against a quality opponent..and the dude stood up and led the Seachicks on two drives in the 4th qtr and OT that won them that game. Freeman has not been able to make these plays, while Russell Wilson, as a rookie, seems plenty capable.

So R Wilson is great, the star alingned that day for him. But how many chances did Freeman choke away under similar circumstances? Why did he not put them away earlier in the game, CHI just scored 17 points that game?

Don't get me wrong i'm high on Wilson, wasn't so high on Freeman when he came out. But i do not see how russell is already THE guy, while Freeman should not atleast still have a decent shot at it, when Freeman is not even 1 year older. When you say he already has 3.5 years in the NFL, he also did not spend 5 years in college to be as ready as in his early years.

Who said Russell Wilson was great? I don't know whether Wilson is the "guy" for the hawks...but I do know that he was able to go to a quality opponent and play absolutely clutch late in the game. I am not confident Freeman could do the same.

To the bold, that is very confusing. Maybe you should type things out in your first language and I can just throw it into google translate.

To the last sentence in your retort....3.5 yrs in the NFL >>> 5 years in college. I lol'd at that one.

Yes I know, the win at Carolina wasn't against a real NFL defense, so it doesn't count! 80 yards in less than 60 seconds a two point conversion and a td in the first drive OT. Yes, I see why you question his ability to function under pressure.  smh

Do you have reading comprehension problems? A comeback win against a 2 win team is not the same as a comeback win against a division leading team in a hostile environment. If you cant see the point that I was making without seeing red cause someone dared criticize Freeman, then we have nothing more to talk about.
I think you're the one with comprehension issue. Anyone who saw what happened in Charlotte, would conclude that Freeman can play under pressure, which is my point.

Don't see red, I see ignorance when you try to say Russell Wilson did something you doubt OUR QB to be capable of. And you probably think the Seahawks defense holding the Bears to 17 had nothing to do with the win, right?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#218 : December 07, 2012, 10:29:13 AM

He does?

I guess when the whole team is healthy, that Nicks is large enough to count as 2 great guards, instead of just one.

My guess is the he's either counting Joseph as the 2nd guard or he just means 2 linemen and is counting Penn.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#219 : December 07, 2012, 10:30:12 AM

Really Chace? The Lions? We won that game and you know it. Free hit Winslow in the end zone and the robbed us. NFL even admitted it on the following Monday.

Yes, really. We lost that game. Bad calls happen. Sorry to be blunt, but only a blind homer thinks that: A. We "really" won that game. B. That singular call kept up out of the postseason

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010121908/2010/REG15/lions@buccaneers?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gamepass&tab=recap

What you miss though is that Freeman made a legitimate play that was taken away. That happens all the time I know. However, in this case the League came out and said yes it should have been a td. Not a blind homer. Just the facts.

I don't doubt that the NFL came out and said that it was a mistake. Blown calls happen all the time. It's part of the game. Good teams overcome them. I fault Freeman for not playing better in that game overall. The loss isn't solely on his shoulders, but he didn't step up in that game.

If you have either one of the "A" or "B" thoughts above, then yes, you are a blind homer. That play happened with 9 minutes to go in the 4th, and the Bucs had another shot the next play and Freeman made a dumb throw up to MW19 when he was blanketed. That play did not lose the Bucs that game. They couldn't make enough plays on offense, and the defense couldn't stop Stanton and the Lions in the 4th and OT.

Just the facts.

Low FBIQ = The league said a bad call took away a play MADE by the Buccaneers. Message board GM says, QB didn't make the play when it counted. Who is right?  ::)

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#220 : December 07, 2012, 10:31:06 AM

Freeman has Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Doug Martin, and 2 great guards in front of him.

What team with a better situation is going to want him?

The only team he would leave for is the Chiefs, and I think that they would draft a QB this year, meaning that come FA next year, they won't be looking for anyone.

Wait until at least midway through next season to see how he's doing.

bowe and charles plus a D# that can rush the passer.
L Fitzgerald?
Blackmon and MJD plus a d#?

If there better QBs out there, there are also other solid teams out there. We did not lose 10 straight last year for no reason.

blocked but maybe
http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=6584:&Itemid=15

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#221 : December 07, 2012, 10:38:43 AM

When was I ever gone?

Last couple days, no?

I flew to Oslo in the morning yesterday then back to London at night, but I think I still checked online here for a bit.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#222 : December 07, 2012, 10:41:25 AM

No argument on that game. That happened. Doesn't mean he can't perform in clutch situations.

No, you missed the point. I think your view of Freeman's performance is just as absurd as Warner being better than Marino. Comprende?

I think you're the one with comprehension issue. Anyone who saw what happened in Charlotte, would conclude that Freeman can play under pressure, which is my point.

Don't see red, I see ignorance when you try to say Russell Wilson did something you doubt OUR QB to be capable of. And you probably think the Seahawks defense holding the Bears to 17 had nothing to do with the win, right?

Your reading comprehension is failing you again. I never said that Freeman can't perform in clutch situations. I even gave him credit for leading 4th qtr comebacks early on the in 2010 season.

"but Freeman's role as QB and as the leader of that squad should have had him do what he was able to do in the first half of the season, which was play clutch ball in the 4th qtr."

That's fine is you disagree with my view of Freeman's performance, but with each post, it just shows that you missed the point on what I was saying. Which is fine, because it's obvious you can't approach Freeman discussions objectively.

Freeman can play well in certain types of pressure. I never said that he was incapable of the types of wins that he helped secure in Charlotte. What I said was,
"A comeback win against a 2 win team is not the same as a comeback win against a division leading team in a hostile environment. "

IMO, what Russell Wilson did this past Sunday was different than what Freeman did in Charlotte nearly 3 weeks ago. If you disagree, then so be it, but I'm not gonna go around in circles on this issue anymore.

..and of course holding the Bears to 17 points contributed to the W, I never stated anything that would conflict with that.
: December 07, 2012, 10:46:24 AM chace1986

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#223 : December 07, 2012, 10:43:12 AM

Just the facts.

Low FBIQ = The league said a bad call took away a play MADE by the Buccaneers. Message board GM says, QB didn't make the play when it counted. Who is right?  ::)

Tapout accepted.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#224 : December 07, 2012, 10:55:10 AM

Your reading comprehension is failing you again. I never said that Freeman can't perform in clutch situations. I even gave him credit for leading 4th qtr comebacks early on the in 2010 season.

"but Freeman's role as QB and as the leader of that squad should have had him do what he was able to do in the first half of the season, which was play clutch ball in the 4th qtr."

That's fine is you disagree with my view of Freeman's performance, but with each post, it just shows that you missed the point on what I was saying. Which is fine, because it's obvious you can't approach Freeman discussions objectively.

Freeman can play well in certain types of pressure. I never said that he was incapable of the types of wins that he helped secure in Charlotte. What I said was,
"A comeback win against a 2 win team is not the same as a comeback win against a division leading team in a hostile environment. "

IMO, what Russell Wilson did this past Sunday was different than what Freeman did in Charlotte nearly 3 weeks ago. If you disagree, then so be it, but I'm not gonna go around in circles on this issue anymore.

..and of course holding the Bears to 17 points contributed to the W, I never stated anything that would conflict with that.

Who did CHI beat? Is CHI defense that much better than CARs, y/p and 3rd% disagree here. Freeman can just play vs their D#, not his fault CAR has no O# and by this does not win often, Just like R Wilson can not be just credited for his D# stepping up, and CHI getting wins also because of its O#, a unit Wilson did not face directly.

team win/lose games. But in 2010 we just won 10 games because of our weak shedule, right?
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools