Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 82

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#390 : December 09, 2012, 07:02:54 PM

Ill get flamed for this im sure.. but AT LEAST 34 points was there to be had today but the quarterback was PURE suck for over 30 minutes of football today.

34 out there? Just one team scored more than 30 on Phillie this season.... Dallas.

But had we won today, due to 4 straight sacks, a dropped TD pass or refs with pewter glasses on last play, i would not give out much credit to Freeman. When looking back in a few years i hope this is one of his worst games, not an average one.
THIS teams needs more of him, just great teams would be abe to carry him playing like today. But this is what the extension is about, atleasts letting Dom consider upgrading other positions too.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#391 : December 09, 2012, 07:02:57 PM

A TD is a TD. A lot of teams fail at scoring in the red zone.

If you wanna use a 5 yd drive to substantiate your case, then by all means, have at it. I was there....and i know what i saw for 60 minutes.
I guess we could have had Martin slam into the line three times and kick a field goal like earlier this season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#392 : December 09, 2012, 07:05:16 PM

If you wanna use a 5 yd drive to substantiate your case, then by all means, have at it. I was there....and i know what i saw for 60 minutes.

Then by that logic I guess I can count a TD for all of the long drives that didn't turn out to be a TD.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#393 : December 09, 2012, 07:06:47 PM

Sure he had a rough day, no one is disputing that.   But he made a few nice throws too.

Of course, he had some nice throws. Out of his 14 completions, there had to be 2 or 3 nice ones in there somewhere. Its the other 31 throws that concern this Buc fan.

Well....my point is he did enough to win the game.  Sure he was off.  But there are others to blame that are more deserving.........

Gorrer
Leonard
Gaiter.....although he made a few plays.
Sheridan

Its very possible that neither of them will be on the team next yr, meanwhile you'd like to lock Freeman up for 5/6 more years of the craptastic play we saw today? Not me. Let him play out his deal....with some competition, and let the cards fall where they may.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#394 : December 09, 2012, 07:07:21 PM

freeman has NEVER been accurate, this is what we drafted.  For those buc fans expecting +65% completion percentage, it's probably never going to happen.

I think we should keep him, because who else are we going to get?  Pay him what is equivalent to the 10-15 best QBs, and have some heavy incentives for TD-INT ratio, and season completion percentage or something to reward him for accuracy.

First half was bad, and plenty of the second half was bad too for Freeman.  At least though in the 2nd half, three was SOME positives from him.

I wonder...is he a smart kid?  Seemed like some stupid football plays were made by him today.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#395 : December 09, 2012, 07:09:20 PM

For the record, I'm not taking the TD away from Freeman.  I'm merely stating that is a large reason for the inflated second half QB rating.  I'm not a fan of the QB rating, and this is one reason why.

Also, I'm not defending Schiano for playing conservatively.  I hate playing conservatively.  But I also don't forget that Freeman looked like runny dogshizzle today.  He needs to give his HC a reason to trust him with the ball there.  He didn't do that today.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#396 : December 09, 2012, 07:09:33 PM

I wanna like the guy, i really do but at the end of the day, he's the reason i have to renew my Metoprolol prescription.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#397 : December 09, 2012, 07:09:38 PM

Sure he had a rough day, no one is disputing that.   But he made a few nice throws too.

Of course, he had some nice throws. Out of his 14 completions, there had to be 2 or 3 nice ones in there somewhere. Its the other 31 throws that concern this Buc fan.

Well....my point is he did enough to win the game.  Sure he was off.  But there are others to blame that are more deserving.........

Gorrer
Leonard
Sheridan

Its very possible that neither of them will be on the team next yr, meanwhile you'd like to lock Freeman up for 5/6 more years of the craptastic play we saw today? Not me. Let him play out his deal....with some competition, and let the cards fall where they may.

On that we agree 100%.    I wouldn't want to be Dom, tough call to make. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#398 : December 09, 2012, 07:09:53 PM

Philadelphia is an incredibly average defense.  They're right in the middle of the league.  This isn't like Pittsburgh or San Fran coming in and Freeman laying an egg.  This was an AWFUL AWFUL HORRENDOUS TERRIBLE game by Freeman, and you need to realize that.  Even if you think Freeman is a good QB, that was a DISASTER game.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#399 : December 09, 2012, 07:11:23 PM

Gorrer
Leonard
Sheridan

Not that I agree - but just who do you have in mind to bring in, knowing the bucs won't have a top 5 pick?  And yes, 2-4 CBs who should be playing on Sundays would be a pleasant change - for both the offense and the Defensive line....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#400 : December 09, 2012, 07:15:32 PM

You don't have to bring anyone in this year.  Nobody is saying cut Freeman now.  Nobody.  They're saying don't commit to him through 2018.  And I'd rather sign journeymen guys for a few years at a time if necessary until we find a guy than commit to someone who isn't a good QB.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#401 : December 09, 2012, 07:16:55 PM

Gorrer
Leonard
Sheridan

Not that I agree - but just who do you have in mind to bring in, knowing the bucs won't have a top 5 pick? 

Where is it written that it has to be a top 5 pick?

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#402 : December 09, 2012, 07:18:23 PM

Freeman had a bad game. The secondary has been bad all year.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#403 : December 09, 2012, 07:20:16 PM

Then the same question is posed to you TheAman.  Whom might that be?  Because if the right deal can be struck now - well you get a few years to create a competition at qb, and to improve the rest of the team - as you move foward looking at the qb position.  I am not one who has named Freeman a franchise qb, he is a journeyman.  Nothing wrong with keeping a journeyman qb at the right price. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#404 : December 09, 2012, 07:21:39 PM

heavy incentives for TD-INT ratio, and season completion percentage or something to reward him for accuracy.

Is taking sacks, rather than trowing the ball away, winning any games? If so, Dan the man should start, he did not throw an INT, not even an incompletion, while runing out of the endzone...he was not even touched.

The best available should play, play to his strengths AND the the strengths of the team. Running on 3rd&7, allowing the opponent to drive with 2:30 left, does not seem to be the strength of THIS team.

Him holding every meaningfull franchise QB record in a few weeks, does not show his greatness, it shows how hard it is to just get an average QB.
Page: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools