Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 82

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#495 : December 09, 2012, 09:07:18 PM

Nicer than what he is getting now - would you pay that much?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#496 : December 09, 2012, 09:09:08 PM

C'mon Dave, you're smarter than that. Free will sign, here or somewhere, for upwards of 10mil. That's a foregone conclusion.

You might be right Hate, but my thought is that will because he would have shown that he CAN do it, but just won't on a regular basis. It is annoying I know, because when he is hot, he is hot as hell, but when he is not, he can't hit the Pirate Ship from the 1 yd line.

Players get paid on potential all the time. Kevin Kolb immediately comes to mind.

of course they do they are getting paid for unknown FUTURE performance

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#497 : December 09, 2012, 09:09:50 PM

My biggest concern is a Tony Romo situation setting us back.  A guy who is above average, but good enough not to cut, and a guy you have to stick with that will never get you anywhere.

Bad comparison IMO.    Romo is like 35 or something.   Free still has upside.  Although he could be running out of that in another year or two.

I'm not completely comparing the two, just saying that Dallas has been stuck with a bad contract for a QB that isn't a truly good QB you can count on.  Nothing hurts your team more than that.

Point taking.     I guess they could of cut him if they had someone better. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#498 : December 09, 2012, 09:11:28 PM

C'mon Dave, you're smarter than that. Free will sign, here or somewhere, for upwards of 10mil. That's a foregone conclusion.

You might be right Hate, but my thought is that will because he would have shown that he CAN do it, but just won't on a regular basis. It is annoying I know, because when he is hot, he is hot as hell, but when he is not, he can't hit the Pirate Ship from the 1 yd line.

Players get paid on potential all the time. Kevin Kolb immediately comes to mind.

Someone will look at his age, see where he has been good, and hitch their wagon to him. Whether that's Dominik or someone else, it will be done.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#499 : December 09, 2012, 09:13:08 PM

I'm not completely comparing the two, just saying that Dallas has been stuck with a bad contract for a QB that isn't a truly good QB you can count on.  Nothing hurts your team more than that.

How long did it take Dallas to atleast get a guy like Romo? How bad would Dallas be without him? If a not truly good QB already hurts, how much more does a really bad one do?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#500 : December 09, 2012, 09:13:12 PM

Someone will look at his age, see where he has been good, and hitch their wagon to him. Whether that's Dominik or someone else, it will be done.

exactly and unless someone get absolutely crazy, it is more likely to be Dom because he is Dom's guy . . . unless there is pushback from Schiano.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#501 : December 09, 2012, 09:18:31 PM

Freeman is currently on pace to finish the season with 3,929 passing yards, 31 TD's, and 10 INT's. Yeah, I'm not sure he's good enough.

Those #s don't tell the whole story. Dude is woefully inconsistant. If he does anything in the first half today, this game has a different outcome.

Well ...he did put up 21.    What does he need to do?  Put up 35?   45?

The D blows.

Ill get flamed for this im sure.. but AT LEAST 34 points was there to be had today but the quarterback was PURE suck for over 30 minutes of football today.

Maybe so....but if we had half a defense we would of won hands down.

We did have half a defense today. The front 7 played well...the back 4-5...awful.

Even still...Josh missed a lot of passes today. It was pathetic how bad he played.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#502 : December 09, 2012, 09:20:10 PM

Hey.....Myron Lewis is still here so chances are Josh will be re-signed.....point being I don't think Dom would be willing to take a loss on this....it would be admitting a critical error in judgement and I don't think ownership would want a GM around who can't decide what a franchise QB looks like.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#503 : December 09, 2012, 09:23:05 PM

Hell ya.....they would have a parade in Kansas City if they signed him.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#504 : December 09, 2012, 09:29:45 PM

That would be a parade I would gladly attend.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#505 : December 09, 2012, 09:32:04 PM

Gotta keep him IMO.   What other options are there?  Start over with Geno Smith?   Alex Smith?  Matt Flynn?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#506 : December 09, 2012, 09:34:45 PM

I don't understand this thought process that if you don't resign him, you have to immediately find your franchise guy.  You can give up on a guy while searching for the future, it doesn't have to be "Ok, you're gone.  Hey, we don't like you, but we're going to sign you to a big deal anyways".

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#507 : December 09, 2012, 09:40:47 PM

BTW.. nice meeting you today.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#508 : December 09, 2012, 09:42:14 PM

He's so inconsistent. I know he can't make every pass but some are really bad. Where the receiver is wide open and Freeman has time. He doesn't feel the pressure coming when it's coming and not coming. He gets a little too nervous. Sometimes he's cool and that's when he hits the guys down field. But it's not consistent enough. I don't know but he gets rattled/shaken very easily. We need a guy a little "cooler" under those conditions and can make the difficult throw or run with no fear. Freeman runs like a scared little girl now days. I don't know what happened. Somebody must have knocked the **CENSORED** out of him and scared him for life. I don't know hopefully he gets better. I'm rooting for him to do it.
: December 09, 2012, 09:46:54 PM BucBalla85

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#509 : December 09, 2012, 09:44:19 PM

I don't understand this thought process that if you don't resign him, you have to immediately find your franchise guy.  You can give up on a guy while searching for the future, it doesn't have to be "Ok, you're gone.  Hey, we don't like you, but we're going to sign you to a big deal anyways".
That is where I started in the conversation - sign him now - if possible for a decent figure - and get to looking for the future.  I would be looking at the 5-7/8 million base salary dependent upon other arrangements.  But keep looking - and a team can do that if the price for Freeman isn't too high.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 82
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs sign QB Josh Freeman to long-term extension now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools