Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers Personnel Philosophy:...... Where can they save? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 09, 2012, 05:37:35 PM

Excellent article and maybe the best I've ever read from Sander. We've seen where we think the Bucs like to and don't like to spend resources, but I can't say we've seen any benefits. They value strong safeties and don't value free safeties and cornerbacks and end up with the worst pass defense in the NFL. They value guards and don't value offensive tackles and at the very least in the last two games the tackles have been murdered by edge rushers and thus the entire offense shut down. They value running backs but because of problems with the offensive line and defense, sometimes situational football dictates they can't even bother to run the ball.

I think a little perspective around the team and it's needs the last few years would be in order for an article like this.  Saying we don't value corners, for example.  I'm pretty sure that the feeling was we had this year covered with Talib and Wright.  That's not "not valuing corners".   

Except they used on a Top Ten pick on a Safety instead of a CB.  Unless you're telling me the decision makers didn't know that today's NFL uses a lot of 3WR+ sets, that's valuing a SS over a CB.

I think the logic was that they needed better tackling from that back end (Sean Jones and T-Jack underwhelmed) while also getting a guy that could tangle with the likes of Tony Gonzalez and Jimmy Graham. In theory having Talib, Wright, Ronde AND Lavonte David on the field at the same time would've given the defence alot of flexibility....in theory....
The logic was they needed to stop the run when playing 11 games against Cam Newton, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Robert Griffin III, Philip Rivers, and Tony Romo.
Pardon me. Make that 12 games against Cam Newton, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Robert Griffin III, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, and Nick Foles.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 09, 2012, 06:38:12 PM

I'm not judging his performance at this point.  Honestly, absent CBs and much of a rush it's pretty hard to do an evaluation.  But - as you noted - it is early to evaluate a first year player.  We will see what his play is like next year.

And Vin - I like how the bucs moved about in the draft - but - a first round pick needs to produce. 

Not if you are Girly Man. He produces nothing and people still defend him...

Ah, the thought process of a simpleton.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers Personnel Philosophy:...... Where can they save? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools