Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Race for the best draft pick starts now... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 09, 2012, 06:43:06 PM

Free Agency and draft. Every resource needs to go to the secondary.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#31 : December 10, 2012, 08:33:30 AM

you wonder if the current coordinators will be here in 2013.

watson

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 10, 2012, 09:17:24 AM

you wonder if the current coordinators will be here in 2013.
I would say yes unless Coach Schiano decides to change his schemes.  No matter who the coordinators are, what schemes are used fall on him.  I can see some position coaches being gone.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Bootz2004

Starter

#33 : December 10, 2012, 09:29:45 AM

Stupid thread. How can you call yourself a fan and say you want the team to win for a better draft pick. That's ridiculous. Plus the draft doesn't guarantee a thing. Hell Mark Barron was the #7 overall pick and he sucks while 2nd round pick Harrison Smith is balling. This isn't Madden. You can't check their game ratings to see how good they are.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#34 : December 10, 2012, 11:14:49 AM

I'd be very discouraged if we lost out.

I'm still looking for improvement from a few areas

only a few?
I'm not looking for any CB on the team to improve. They're all 7th round or UDFA guys and I think they're isn't much to work with. I'm also not looking for Foster/David to improve because they've been pretty good. Same goes for Martin, VJax, MW19, and Bennett. I think David/Martin/VJax are all Pro Bowlers and maybe two of them are All Pro.

I'm still looking for more from Freeman and McCoy (consistency), Bowers/Barron (improvement), Sullivan/Sheridan (playcalling)

Gobucs991940

Second String
#35 : December 10, 2012, 01:18:54 PM

Our top five pick turned into Mark Barron who has played like absolute crap this season. I don't believe in tanking. I'd still rather win out for team morale more than anything. This team is getting a top 20 pick regardless, and therefore should be in position to draft Dee Milliner or Jon Banks.

Gobucs991940

Second String
#36 : December 10, 2012, 01:20:17 PM

Free Agency and draft. Every resource needs to go to the secondary.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to signing Henry Melton in free agency. Dude is a beast and would help our pass rush.

chrisras

Starter

#37 : December 22, 2012, 02:24:29 AM

It's much better just to keep crapping out.  The season is over.  Might as well get the higher draft pick. Not sure where this notion came in that garbage victories at the end of the year carry over to next year.  Thats nonsense.  Total nonsense. 

We just need to keep losing out and hope the other teams win.  As for QB....I wouldn't mind drafting the kid Nassib out of Syracuse.  Use a 2nd on him.  He will be the best QB out of this class in my opinion.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 22, 2012, 12:53:46 PM

I'm intrigued in Nassib as well. I think he may be there in the 3rd though.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 23, 2012, 05:37:47 PM

And I say we blow all the games left. This team is obviously in no shape to compete in the playoffs and we need to add all the talent we can through the draft if we have any hopes of competing next year.

hope you're happy watching the team lose its last six games going into the off season.

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#40 : December 23, 2012, 05:42:58 PM

I like how fans say we should lose out to get a better draft position! To do what?draft another bust like Barron!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 30, 2012, 03:24:23 AM

Still An Important Game

Its the last game for the Bucs tomorrow. There will be no January games. No postseason. Freefalling the past month took care of that.

But dont dare tell any of the Bucs, much less Greg Schiano, the game Sunday against the Dixie Chicks is not important.

Take Michael Bennett for example. Hes looking to continue his solid season. A free agent in a matter of days, Bennett is looking to cash in big time and a solid game Sunday will only add to his suitors.

It is important because it is the next game and an opportunity to show the coaching staff what kind of players we have for next year, Bennett told Joe. It is definitely a building block game so everybody should play hard no matter what.

Bennett dismissed any notion that he is looking ahead to hitting the NFL lottery in the coming months.

I mean, it is just the next game for me, Bennett said. Im trying to do the best I can to try to win. [A new] contract comes when it comes. Im not worried about that.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=81083
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Race for the best draft pick starts now... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools