Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Race for the best draft pick starts now... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: December 09, 2012, 04:25:20 PM

And I say we blow all the games left. This team is obviously in no shape to compete in the playoffs and we need to add all the talent we can through the draft if we have any hopes of competing next year.

Sam Ram 33

Second String

#1 : December 09, 2012, 04:27:53 PM

I agree completely.  rooting for the saints so they can catch up to us

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : December 09, 2012, 04:28:41 PM

And I say we blow all the games left.

stupid post, imo

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 09, 2012, 04:30:21 PM

With this secondary we may not have to try to hard.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 09, 2012, 04:33:44 PM

stupid post, imo
First, it's a hyperbole.

All we're doing at this point by winning games, is lowering our chances at getting quality players (specially CBs).

It was already hard enough to make the playoffs before losing this game, now it's flat out impossible.

Losing games now is hopefully going to payoff on the long-term, it makes no sense not to do it.
: December 09, 2012, 04:35:15 PM BFT+C

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 09, 2012, 04:34:48 PM

I mean, you never want to tank, but legitimately, at this point winning only hurts the team.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 09, 2012, 04:35:45 PM

They're not going to tank it, but I'm not going to be disappointed if we lose games either.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 09, 2012, 04:36:15 PM

If there is any and I mean any chance of us making the playoffs, i'm talking like a 1% chance of making the playoffs I say no way on tanking it. But if we have no chance I wouldn't mind us losing out for draft position.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 09, 2012, 04:37:44 PM

If there is any and I mean any chance of us making the playoffs, i'm talking like a 1% chance of making the playoffs I say no way on tanking it. But if we have no chance I wouldn't mind us losing out for draft position.
Redskins just got into overtime with the Ravens.

If they win, it's over.
If the Seahawks win AND the Redskins win, then it's REALLY **CENSORED**ing over.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#9 : December 09, 2012, 04:37:56 PM

stupid post, imo
First, it's a hyperbole.

All we're doing at this point by winning games, is lowering our chances at getting quality players (specially CBs).

It was already hard enough to make the playoffs before losing this game, now it's flat out impossible.

Losing games now is hopefully going to payoff on the long-term, it makes no sense not to do it.

You say hyperbole, but still are backing it up with your own rationale. Schiano will never let the team tank for draft choices. Besides, there are quality picks mid round. There's no guarantee that you get great players early in the draft.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 09, 2012, 04:38:40 PM

stupid post, imo
First, it's a hyperbole.

You say hyperbole, but still are backing it up with your own rationale. Schiano will never let the team tank for draft choices. Besides, there are quality picks mid round. There's no guarantee that you get great players early in the draft.

Which is why I said "chances".

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 09, 2012, 04:43:09 PM

Our season was probably over before losing this game anyways. There was only a 7% we were making the playoffs. We probably would have had to win out and get help from other teams to make the playoffs.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 09, 2012, 05:06:04 PM

Losing the remaining games is the strategic thing to do. Not honorable, but who's counting honor when you win the Super Bowl?

freddy

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 09, 2012, 05:09:13 PM

Wow? Really? So you want the Bucs to just give up and not play the rest of the season? lol. Sorry, Morris already left town. They may lose, but these Bucs don't just give up.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 09, 2012, 05:22:38 PM

Wait, what?  How is looking out for what's best for the team pathetic?  It's indisputable, losing out is what's best for the team right now.  They aren't making the playoffs, and winning does absolutely nothing for the team.  I'm not going to actively root for them to lose, or be upset if they win, but at the same time, what's best for the team is pretty clear.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Race for the best draft pick starts now... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools