Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: no one to blame but our secondary « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

BucsWin31

Starter

#75 : December 10, 2012, 10:40:52 AM

Brees is gonna break records Sunday.
He's gonna have a field day. Alot of blame goes to the secondary but a lot should go to management. No way you trade your starting cb and don't bring in a backup. All that next man up crap works when you have TALENT on your team.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#76 : December 10, 2012, 10:43:29 AM

"no one to blame but our secondary"

The secondary didn't run the ball on 3rd and 7. I'm still baffled by that play call.

They did give up 400 yards passing to a rookie passer in his fourth game, allow Jason Avant 133 receiving yards, miss tackles up-and-down the field, and drop the game-winning interception.  In a game where we scored three touchdowns, notched six sacks, allowed 1.8 yards per carry, and lost because of defense... yeah, it's the DBs.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#77 : December 10, 2012, 10:48:03 AM

Brees is gonna break records Sunday.
He's gonna have a field day. Alot of blame goes to the secondary but a lot should go to management. No way you trade your starting cb and don't bring in a backup. All that next man up crap works when you have TALENT on your team.
I guess you forgot what happened in the games when Talib was still on the team.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#78 : December 10, 2012, 11:40:46 AM

Although the secondary does deserve it's fair blame, anyone who does not also recognize the O-line for it faults is only seeing half he picture. If the O-Line performed even to mediocre standards today we would have won straight up. Both units are injury ravaged and both have been at least equal blame in this loss. Although some people here tried to sell us on the second coming of god in Dotson, he was beaten today worse than a pinata at a birthday party. Larsen barely looks acceptable on a High School team. Zuttah is not a G and Meridith is acceptable depth but not much more. Both units are nothing like what we thought we had in preseason. But are failing the Bucs BIG time.

^^^^^^^^Bwahahahahahahaha^^^^^^^^

The Bucs had a QB who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and a secondary that made a Napoleon Dynamite twin look like Tom Brady, and we have people wanting to blame the OL?  This is as bad as the nimrods who are whining about the team not getting enough sacks after registering six.  Was the OL perfect or even above average?  Of course not.  It's loaded with back-ups right now.  But for someone to think of putting the OL near the top of any blame list for yesterday's loss cracks me up.  lolz.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#79 : December 10, 2012, 11:43:28 AM

I think that Black, Johnson and Gaitor all have potential and should be on the team, along with Wright and Barron... but they aren't supposed to be guarding #1 and #2 receivers. That's point. We need 2 talented corners. NOW

The safety position is more of a concern the CB.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#80 : December 10, 2012, 11:58:52 AM

Although the secondary does deserve it's fair blame, anyone who does not also recognize the O-line for it faults is only seeing half he picture. If the O-Line performed even to mediocre standards today we would have won straight up. Both units are injury ravaged and both have been at least equal blame in this loss. Although some people here tried to sell us on the second coming of god in Dotson, he was beaten today worse than a pinata at a birthday party. Larsen barely looks acceptable on a High School team. Zuttah is not a G and Meridith is acceptable depth but not much more. Both units are nothing like what we thought we had in preseason. But are failing the Bucs BIG time.

The Bucs had a QB who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and a secondary that made a Napoleon Dynamite twin look like Tom Brady, and we have people wanting to blame the OL?  This is as bad as the nimrods who are whining about the team not getting enough sacks after registering six.  Was the OL perfect or even above average?  Of course not.  It's loaded with back-ups right now.  But for someone to think of putting the OL near the top of any blame list for yesterday's loss cracks me up.  lolz.

Anyone who doesn't include the Oline is just fooling themselves. Sure the Oline is loaded with a bunch of back-ups, but that fact does not stop posters from slamming the secondary. Remind me again, which starting CB was actually drafted or even in some NFL's teams plan beyond the practice squad. While the current Oline has several players many posters here have proclaimed to be true NFL starters, lol. The same mis-management that has made the secondary a joke has also given us a line that is woefully inadequate. Also, Freeman has been off his game quite a bit, very true. I wonder how much of that is due to him seeing a lot more pressure, (and not being able to handle it) or maybe the running game not being effective with the Oline backups at best in there.

The secondary is clearly the biggest culprit, but to ignore the problems like Ole Larsen, Pinata Dotson, end of year nose dive Penn, barely adequate back-up Meradith and out of place Zuttah is just plain silly. Some people really crack me up. Thanks for the laugh.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#81 : December 10, 2012, 12:02:22 PM

The guy who probably thinks it's his fault is Michael Koenan. If he hits his regular deep punt, I doubt the Eagles had enough time to reach the EZ with no T.O.s. That 30-yarder came at the absolute WRONG time; very uncharacteristic....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#82 : December 10, 2012, 12:09:34 PM

Also, Freeman has been off his game quite a bit, very true. I wonder how much of that is due to him seeing a lot more pressure, (and not being able to handle it)

None.  Freeman has dealt with immense pressure ever since becoming the starter.

maybe the running game not being effective with the Oline backups at best in there.

Is this the same running game that the feature back had over 125 yards rushing and over a 4.5 YPC yesterday and over 1200 yards for the season?

Hey Connor Barth didn't make any FG's yesterday.  I think he's to blame for the loss too.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#83 : December 10, 2012, 12:29:03 PM

Also, Freeman has been off his game quite a bit, very true. I wonder how much of that is due to him seeing a lot more pressure, (and not being able to handle it)

maybe the running game not being effective with the Oline backups at best in there.

Is this the same running game that the feature back had over 125 yards rushing and over a 4.5 YPC yesterday and over 1200 yards for the season?

Hey Connor Barth didn't make any FG's yesterday.  I think he's to blame for the loss too.

LOL, don't get all worked up now, would hate to see you melt down again. Maybe if you edited a few more peoples quotes to make them say what you want them to say vice what the posters actually said, you would feel better. I certainly never said the secondary is not to blame, in fact I pointed out specifically that they are the biggest culprit. Nor did I ever say the O-Line is the biggest culprit, so I'm not sure why you are getting so bent out of shape over that either. But like you said when you tried to defend the Oline, the secondary is full of scrubs at best. Scrubs are scrubs for a reason, because they play like this. The Oline on the other hand, is full of players that you personally wanted as starters at one point, but are showing they are really just backups at best or scrubs themselves.

Yes the secondary is horrible. Yes Freeman played like garbage. Keep defending these back-ups at best all you want, or make more threads about how Dotson is statistically better than Trueblood (a gerbal is probably statistically better than Trueblood). But please spare the Oline is not a problem routine. They are not the biggest problem, but they are a problem. If you think just fixing the secondary will solve all the problems on this team, you are way off base, again.  ::)

BTW, did you notice that PR gave the Oline the 3rd worse grade from the game. Secondary, Freeman then the Oline. Imagine that. Just like I was saying.

lolz
: December 10, 2012, 12:40:22 PM Freddy

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#84 : December 10, 2012, 12:34:24 PM

If Barron plays this week, look for Brees to break the all time single game passing record.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#85 : December 10, 2012, 12:40:28 PM

If Barron plays this week, look for Brees to break the all time single game passing record.

Brees torched us for 300+ in the first half earlier this year.  And that was before Gorrer and Johnson became fixtures in our backfield.

Good God.  I wonder what kind of money Vegas'll give me for banking on Drew throwing 500+.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#86 : December 10, 2012, 12:40:41 PM

LOL, don't get all worked up now, would hate to see you melt down again. Maybe if you edited a few more peoples quotes to make them say what you want them to say vice what the posters actually said, you would feel better. I certainly never said the secondary is not to blame, in fact I pointed out specifically that they are the biggest culprit. Nor did I ever say the O-Line is the biggest culprit, so I'm not sure why you are getting so bent out of shape over that either. But like you said when you tried to defend the Oline, the secondary is full of scrubs at best. Scrubs are scrubs for a reason, because they play like this. The Oline on the other hand, is full of players that you personally wanted as starters at one point, but are showing they are really just backups at best or scrubs themselves.

Yes the secondary is horrible. Yes Freeman played like garbage. Keep defending these back-ups at best all you want, or make more threads about how Dotson is statistically better than Trueblood (a gerbal is probably statistically better than Trueblood). But please spare the Oline is not a problem routine. They are not the biggest problem, but they are a problem. If you think just fixing the secondary will solve all the problems on this team, you are way off base, again.  ::)

BTW, did you notice that PR gave the Oline the 3rd worse grade from the game. Secondary, Freeman than the Oline. Imagine that. Just like I was saying.

lolz

In Doug Martin's defense, the OL was a large reason the team lost and Martin had over 125 yards rushing.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#87 : December 10, 2012, 12:43:59 PM

In Doug Martin's defense, the OL was a large reason the team lost and Martin had over 125 yards rushing.

DOH! Nuclear Burn!

Nice find You Mad.
: December 10, 2012, 12:45:46 PM Freddy

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#88 : December 10, 2012, 12:47:01 PM

DOH! Nuclear Burn!

Nice find You Mad.

You are sharp as a tack.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#89 : December 10, 2012, 12:49:37 PM

DOH! Nuclear Burn!

Nice find You Mad.

You are sharp as a tack.

I think you're wining him over:

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/sharp+as+a+tack

(as) sharp as a tack
very intelligent "He may be old in years, but he's still as sharp as a tack and knows what he's talking about. "
See also: sharp, tack
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: no one to blame but our secondary « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools