Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Post game press conference « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 09, 2012, 11:17:23 PM

I'm as upset I guess as you are that people talk about plays that already happened in a game .......

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 09, 2012, 11:22:13 PM

I'm as upset I guess as you are that people talk about plays that already happened in a game .......

you think I am upset? that is why you have now called me stupid a jackass and a hypocrite for simply commenting that it was not surprising that most disagreed witha  failed call?  Seriously? That's why you keep following me around?  You should try some deep breathing perhaps.. . . just a friendly suggestion . .  and then maybe go back to football.

???

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 10, 2012, 02:21:03 AM

The idea that Schiano ran the ball because he feared a mistake by Freeman is asinine.

It was a conservative, mis-guided, egotistical call of cowardice.

If the slant wasn't open he could have just told Freeman to take a damn sack.

There is plenty to blame Freeman for, but this wasn't his fault.

watson

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 10, 2012, 09:41:52 AM

I didn't like the call, but understood the thinking.  Had they thrown the ball, it would probably have taken less time off the clock but would have been a better chance of success.  There were some plays that really bothered me.  The holding call on Larson to me was the killer.......had he just kept running at the guy DM would have made as may yards as he did and without the holding call.  The punt was a pitiful excuse for a punt from a player that is making the kind of money that Koenen is making.  I realize Goerer isa rookie, but for gosh sakes, catch the ball when it hits you square in the chest.  The last one was the pass play that was stopped at the 2 yard line.  Instead of laying on top of the Eagle's player or holding on to him, the DB shoves him off of him and that helped the offense get to the LOS and spike the ball.  Just holding on for 3 or 4 seconds would have prevented them from making the last play.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 10, 2012, 10:40:51 AM

HAHA first question was about the 3rd and 7 run

"We put it on the defense."

Why coach, why? This defense proves week after week that they're terrible. Place your ego in the corner and win this game w/the offense and convert ONE 3rd down to seal the win. I can't comprehend how a coach who has this team's defense would put the game in their hands. Beyond disgusting decision to run up the gut on 3rd and 7.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 10, 2012, 10:43:15 AM

HAHA first question was about the 3rd and 7 run

Good. He needs to learn when to go conservative. That wasn't the time. Did he really trust the pass D to get it done? Philly had way too much time. Horrible job of coaching.

No reason to trust the defense, but there also wasn't any reason to trust Freeman with the ball.

Nick Foles, over 380 yards and an 80 yard  touchdown drive before that situation. Plenty of reasoning for me not to trust our secondary.

+1

It's not like he had to jog his memory much to remember they just got torched moments earlier...SMH, awful Greg,

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 10, 2012, 11:13:54 AM

Why do so many blame the call on ego?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 10, 2012, 11:44:41 AM

That was a tough call to make, there was a lot that happened to lead up to that circumstance as well. I don't mind the conservative play calling as long as the team can execute. Looked like a lot of mistakes that don't show up on the stat sheet.

* No need to take a shot at a fellow poster. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone, but personal jabs are unnecessary.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 10, 2012, 12:02:52 PM

easier than user logical reasoning skills?

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#39 : December 10, 2012, 01:28:55 PM

The idea that Schiano ran the ball because he feared a mistake by Freeman is asinine.

It was a conservative, mis-guided, egotistical call of cowardice.

If the slant wasn't open he could have just told Freeman to take a damn sack.

There is plenty to blame Freeman for, but this wasn't his fault.

All the above 1000%

gone

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 10, 2012, 03:29:52 PM

Gotta agree, how the eff does ego fit into that decision?  Dumb call, stubbornness call, but egotistical?  How exactly does that work?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#41 : December 10, 2012, 03:32:31 PM

I don't think it's ego.   I just think he only knows how to do it in college and that's how they do it in college.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 10, 2012, 07:44:37 PM

Sullivan is a awful playcaller. I really could carless if he comes back next season. Hes been given WAYY to much credit for our offensive numbers.. Vincent Jackson and Muscle Marmot are the reason for the teams improvement there. Hardly Sullivan. He take his yankee azz back to New York

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Post game press conference « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools