Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 10, 2012, 11:37:33 AM

What does freeman do better than flacco?

Everything.  Flacco is one of the 5 worst QB's in the NFL.  Guy is awful.  I've never said that about Freeman.  Outside of Tebow, Quinn, Cassel, or Charlie Batch, I don't think I'd take Flacco over any other QB in the NFL.  Ok, that might be too far.  I'd probably take him over all the 3rd string guys and many 1/3 of the backups.  So, out of 96 QB's, I'd rank him about 50.  Freeman in is the the 15-20 group.
: December 10, 2012, 11:39:28 AM TBayXXXVII

m_j

Starter

#31 : December 10, 2012, 11:43:53 AM

I've alluded to this before, but it really stuck out to me today.  Freeman has that pretty long ball that's like hitting a sweet golf shot...it keeps you coming back for more only to realize golf is hard and Freeman isn't what may thinks he is...a winner.

Both Freeman and Flacco make you believe they're righting the verge of being that consistent franchise QB, then go out and lose games they should win, and never win the big game...ever.

I'm willing to give him another year, but in a division and league full of great QB's, I don't things are going to change.

well, we never had a real top tier franchise QB (apart from steve young but we did not figure out that) . Freeman is definitely not that, but he is good enough to win any game. and who knows, maybe we'll get our brady or manning once. If someone told you during the eighties we would win SB soon ... you wouldn't believe that either :-)

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 10, 2012, 04:38:25 PM

Everything. 

great answer.  here's where i see them similar.  similar builds, similar 40 times, similar arm strength.  similar completion percentage, similar ypa, similar QB rating.  flacco might be a little more consistent, whereas freeman has brighter flashes and bigger stretches of invisibility.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 10, 2012, 04:46:54 PM

Flacco is a good comparison.

Baltimore loves him so much they just fired their OC to appease him.

Flacco is gunna get PAID this offseason.

gone

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 10, 2012, 06:02:14 PM

Rex Grossman 2006

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 10, 2012, 06:50:37 PM

Rex Grossman 2006

ha

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 10, 2012, 07:05:14 PM

Everything. 

great answer.  here's where i see them similar.  similar builds, similar 40 times, similar arm strength.  similar completion percentage, similar ypa, similar QB rating.  flacco might be a little more consistent, whereas freeman has brighter flashes and bigger stretches of invisibility.

He's also 3 years older than him too. I don't know how people don't get the "age" thing. It's a maturation thing.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 10, 2012, 07:07:42 PM

It's because of our new society of instant gratification.

NovaBuc

Starter

#38 : December 10, 2012, 07:48:54 PM

Flacco the 50th ranked QB in the league? Someone needs to step away from the crack pipe. Flacco has some of the same troubles that Freeman had in previous years - his receivers aren't that great. He's got Ray Rice and some possession guys. Bolden runs great routes, has great hands but what little speed he had is long gone. Smith is fast and has turned into a good route runner but for whatever reason plays are rarely called to go his way. More often than not, he seems to be a decoy to get completions underneath the zone to the TE or Rice. The Ravens aren't too many years removed from Bolden and his blazing 4.71 speed being their youngest/fastest starting receiver - in 2010 their starters were Derrick Mason, Anquan Bolden and Todd Heap at TE.

Apparently, the guy who took over as OC was calling plays during the preseason when Flacco was lighting it up so I s'pose we will see how things go the rest of the year. Though I would pretty much bet the farm that Arizona would sell their soul for a Flacco or a Freeman at this point. Talk about terrible luck with picking QBs.. Since they drafted Leinart in 2006, they have had Tyler Palko, Brian St. Pierre, John Skelton, Derrick Anderson, Tim Hasselbeck, Tim Rattay, Kurt Warner, Richard Bartel, Kevin Kolb and Ryan Lindley as QBs on their roster. Outside of Warner, I don't think there is one there I'd consider as a starter. I'd be hard pressed to name one or two I would like to see as backups or developmental QBs. Though I'm sure Java will say they are all better than Freeman.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 11, 2012, 09:46:28 AM

Flacco stinks.  The Ravens don't even want him back.  That's why they are letting his contract run out.  They're going to replace him this April.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 11, 2012, 09:48:56 AM

Flacco is a good comparison.

Baltimore loves him so much they just fired their OC to appease him.

Flacco is gunna get PAID this offseason.

Of course he is.  And it will be yet another shot to the hull of TBayXXXVII's credibility.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 11, 2012, 09:49:02 AM

Everything. 

I have a very low opinion of the guy.  Being up here in NJ, the Ravens games are always on... them and the Steelers.  Flacco has always had a great line, great RB, at least 1 quality receiver... sometimes 2 or 3 and fails to help his team win games.   The defense gets the wins, not Flacco.  He stinks, reguardless of the physical comparisons... he can't play.  He's a backup at best.  I'd put him 3rd on this roster behind Orlovsky.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 11, 2012, 09:58:08 AM

Flacco stinks.  The Ravens don't even want him back.  That's why they are letting his contract run out.  They're going to replace him this April.
Please. Newsome isn't stupid. He remembers having to start Kyle Boller and he knows he's never getting a draft pick high enough to guarantee someone better than Flacco. He's just playing this out to get Flacco at the right price. I have to assume Flacco's agent is asking for Tom Brady money or something and Newsome is waiting to sign him for Matt Schaub money.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 11, 2012, 10:03:25 AM

Please. Newsome isn't stupid. He remembers having to start Kyle Boller and he knows he's never getting a draft pick high enough to guarantee someone better than Flacco. He's just playing this out to get Flacco at the right price. I have to assume Flacco's agent is asking for Tom Brady money or something and Newsome is waiting to sign him for Matt Schaub money.

If Newsome gives Flacco Matt Schaub money, he is stupid.  I'd give him league minimum.  The guy can't play.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 11, 2012, 11:19:23 AM

flacco was a dropped gimme TD by lee evans from having his team in the superbowl.  he's not elite, he might not even be good in crunch time.  but hes not as bad as you portray him.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools