Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15

Hate

Hall of Famer
#45 : December 11, 2012, 11:45:26 AM

Flacco stinks.  The Ravens don't even want him back.  That's why they are letting his contract run out.  They're going to replace him this April.

Flacco isn't going anywhere!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#46 : December 11, 2012, 11:47:43 AM

flacco was a dropped gimme TD by lee evans from having his team in the superbowl.  he's not elite, he might not even be good in crunch time.  but hes not as bad as you portray him.

...and if Matt Schaub didn't get hurt, they don't even beat Houston.  Flacco struggled to out perform T.J. Yates.  Heck, if Schaub didn't get hurt, instead of playing at home on a bye week, Baltimore would have had to win a wild card game just to go to Houston.  See, I can play the "IF" game too.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#47 : December 11, 2012, 11:48:19 AM

Flacco stinks.  The Ravens don't even want him back.  That's why they are letting his contract run out.  They're going to replace him this April.

Flacco isn't going anywhere!!

Then neither will the Ravens.

NovaBuc

Starter

#48 : December 11, 2012, 01:35:13 PM

I have a very low opinion of the guy.  Being up here in NJ, the Ravens games are always on... them and the Steelers.  Flacco has always had a great line, great RB, at least 1 quality receiver... sometimes 2 or 3 and fails to help his team win games.   The defense gets the wins, not Flacco.  He stinks, reguardless of the physical comparisons... he can't play.  He's a backup at best.  I'd put him 3rd on this roster behind Orlovsky.

I'm in the DC area so we see every Ravens game. Flacco honestly hasn't had much to work with at receiver over the years. For most of his career, his starters were Derrick Mason and Anquan Boldin. Two nice receivers, but no real speed. His offensive coordinators haven't been the most imaginative play callers either, though when you have Ray Rice you are likely going to hand him the ball or dump it off to him on a screen for at least 60-70 percent of your plays.  Hasn't been all defense either, the Ravens defense is 24th ranked this year. Bottom line, there are teams in the league that'd take Flacco over their current starting QB. He's a career 60% passer, has thrown 19 more TDs than interceptions and has been to the playoffs every year he's been in the league. That's basically the opposite of the definition of a qb who sucks.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#49 : December 11, 2012, 01:48:28 PM

For the record here is Ray Rice's career playoff game logs.

2008 at MIA: no carries
2008 at TEN: no carries
2008 at PIT: no carries
2009 at NE: 22 carries, 159 yards
2009 at IND: 13 carries, 67 yards
2010 at KC: 17 carries. 57 yards
2010 at PIT: 12 carries, 32 yards
2011 at HOU: 21 carries, 60 yards
2011 at NE: 21 carries, 67 yards

Yet somehow a bum like Flacco won 5 of these games.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#50 : December 11, 2012, 01:49:50 PM

I am not sure why QB's that are not in the top five are considered by some fans as bums to be honest.  You could argue I suppose Flacco isn't top ten either, but in the end he isn't a pushover.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#51 : December 11, 2012, 04:04:38 PM

For the record here is Ray Rice's career playoff game logs.

2008 at MIA: no carries
2008 at TEN: no carries
2008 at PIT: no carries
2009 at NE: 22 carries, 159 yards
2009 at IND: 13 carries, 67 yards
2010 at KC: 17 carries. 57 yards
2010 at PIT: 12 carries, 32 yards
2011 at HOU: 21 carries, 60 yards
2011 at NE: 21 carries, 67 yards

Yet somehow a bum like Flacco won 5 of these games.

It's called having a top 5 defense.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#52 : December 11, 2012, 04:05:53 PM

I have a very low opinion of the guy.  Being up here in NJ, the Ravens games are always on... them and the Steelers.  Flacco has always had a great line, great RB, at least 1 quality receiver... sometimes 2 or 3 and fails to help his team win games.   The defense gets the wins, not Flacco.  He stinks, reguardless of the physical comparisons... he can't play.  He's a backup at best.  I'd put him 3rd on this roster behind Orlovsky.

I'm in the DC area so we see every Ravens game. Flacco honestly hasn't had much to work with at receiver over the years. For most of his career, his starters were Derrick Mason and Anquan Boldin. Two nice receivers, but no real speed. His offensive coordinators haven't been the most imaginative play callers either, though when you have Ray Rice you are likely going to hand him the ball or dump it off to him on a screen for at least 60-70 percent of your plays.  Hasn't been all defense either, the Ravens defense is 24th ranked this year. Bottom line, there are teams in the league that'd take Flacco over their current starting QB. He's a career 60% passer, has thrown 19 more TDs than interceptions and has been to the playoffs every year he's been in the league. That's basically the opposite of the definition of a qb who sucks.

Have it your way, it really doesn't matter to me.  I would never have Flacco as a QB on any team I had control over.  He stinks.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#53 : December 11, 2012, 04:18:34 PM

flacco was a dropped gimme TD by lee evans from having his team in the superbowl.  he's not elite, he might not even be good in crunch time.  but hes not as bad as you portray him.

...and if Matt Schaub didn't get hurt, they don't even beat Houston.  Flacco struggled to out perform T.J. Yates.  Heck, if Schaub didn't get hurt, instead of playing at home on a bye week, Baltimore would have had to win a wild card game just to go to Houston.  See, I can play the "IF" game too.

What you fail to comprehend is that Flacco didn't struggle against T.J. Yates. He struggled against JJ Watt and Co.  Here's what T.J. did against Baltimore "He finished with a passer rating of 28.8 and a QBR of 15.7, the second-lowest among the eight quarterbacks in the divisional round, better than only Tim Tebow (9.5)."

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#54 : December 11, 2012, 04:52:41 PM

What you fail to comprehend is that Flacco didn't struggle against T.J. Yates. He struggled against JJ Watt and Co.  Here's what T.J. did against Baltimore "He finished with a passer rating of 28.8 and a QBR of 15.7, the second-lowest among the eight quarterbacks in the divisional round, better than only Tim Tebow (9.5)."

No, what I said was is that struggled to out perform Yates, not beat him man to man.  Saying that a 6-year veteran struggled against the #1 defense almost as much as a 3rd string rookie making his 7th start against the #3 ranked defense.  That 6-yr vet only put 7 more points on the board than the 7-game rookie.  With that peformance, Baltimore would never have beat Houston with Schaub playing.
: December 11, 2012, 04:54:33 PM TBayXXXVII

Theoldbuc

Starter

#55 : December 11, 2012, 05:14:32 PM

No, what I said was is that struggled to out perform Yates, not beat him man to man.  Saying that a 6-year veteran struggled against the #1 defense almost as much as a 3rd string rookie making his 7th start against the #3 ranked defense.  That 6-yr vet only put 7 more points on the board than the 7-game rookie.  With that peformance, Baltimore would never have beat Houston with Schaub playing.

Yates didn't play against Flacco. Yates played against Ray Lewis and Co.  Houston has a good defense. Baltimore has a good defense. Ergo, low scoring game. But you can stick with your point. I think you understand mine.

NovaBuc

Starter

#56 : December 11, 2012, 05:50:29 PM

Never? Flacco beat Schaub and the Texans on Oct 16th early in that same season. Flacco did what he was asked to do in the playoff game - don't turn the ball over, score when the defense gives you a short field and shorten the game by using running plays. If the Baltimore coordinator changes things up and attempts a pass after the Ravens got it inside the 10 in the third quarter rather than four straight Ray Rice runs like Houston was looking for and Flacco throws a third touchdown on the day would that be enough to make him less stinky? For that matter what makes him so bad in your opinion? So far, you haven't really pointed out anything specifically with Flacco's play beyond that he is overrated due to the defense and Ray Rice and in their game against the Texans in the playoffs Flacco didn't get significantly better stats than Yates. Do you think he has accuracy issues? Trouble reading defenses? Immobile?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#57 : December 16, 2012, 10:07:03 PM

My Apologies to Joe Flacco....

Joe, you don't look as bad as Josh Freeman.

Sorry.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#58 : December 17, 2012, 09:04:50 AM

Never? Flacco beat Schaub and the Texans on Oct 16th early in that same season. Flacco did what he was asked to do in the playoff game - don't turn the ball over, score when the defense gives you a short field and shorten the game by using running plays. If the Baltimore coordinator changes things up and attempts a pass after the Ravens got it inside the 10 in the third quarter rather than four straight Ray Rice runs like Houston was looking for and Flacco throws a third touchdown on the day would that be enough to make him less stinky? For that matter what makes him so bad in your opinion? So far, you haven't really pointed out anything specifically with Flacco's play beyond that he is overrated due to the defense and Ray Rice and in their game against the Texans in the playoffs Flacco didn't get significantly better stats than Yates. Do you think he has accuracy issues? Trouble reading defenses? Immobile?

First off, I said with that specific performace, not that he can't do it at all.  In the playoff game he completed just 50% of his passes and averaged about 6.5 ypa, in that regular season game he completed over 60% of his passes with over 9 ypa.  Also, the game was in Baltimore and had Schaub not gotten hurt, that game would have been in Houston.  Also, what I put in bold... that's the definition of "game manager", not "franchise QB".  To answer your last 3 questions, the first one is yes.  He's not a very accurate passer.  I don't necessarily think he has trouble reading defenses, I think his problem is that he doesn't have the ability to get the ball there.  The last question isn't really an issue.  As long as a QB can move around in the pocket, he'll be fine.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#59 : December 17, 2012, 09:20:55 AM

He's also 3 years older than him too. I don't know how people don't get the "age" thing. It's a maturation thing.

They get it but they don't get off on the Buccaneers; they get off on whining miserably. It's a masturbation thing.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman = Joe Flacco « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools