Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman not the answer...now we know « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

: December 09, 2012, 06:59:30 PM

It usually takes a few years to develop and evaluate a player ~esp QB. Enough time has passed that we KNOW what we are going to get with this Freeman kid. Risk. Risk is defined as a measure of uncertainty. Unknowing what your returns will be to a large extent.

IMO Freeman has too many bad days to be the long term answer. Maybe Boomer was right. He said that he "heard" through his sources the kid likes to party and is not committed to his job as much as is needed to do it well.

I don't know but that rings true to me. It explains why sometimes he is good...then when he reads his own press his head gets big and he thinks he has made it.....then out to the clubs chillin with the hommies...and his play returns to the earth with a resounding "thud".

upthegut

Practice Squad

#1 : December 09, 2012, 07:12:28 PM

Its very unlikely Freeman will ever develop into a top 5 QB, too inconsistent. But it is too dangerous to try bring in another QB at this stage, what if that QB fails and then we have to go through mediocrity even longer. Even though Freeman can suck he still just about gives us a chance to win games like today, and it is probably safer to stick with him than bring in someone new. Had Schiano thrown on 3rd and 7 and it been a first down we win the game, we could draft the next jamarcus russel or mark sanchez and then we would have not even been in the game.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 09, 2012, 07:36:43 PM

Freeman will be fine. Eli is inconsistent and he has 2 rings already. No QB plays their best game every Sunday. The Bucs still have a holes on offense. With a healthy Nicks and maybe Joseph, a better #3 options at WR, an actual #4, someone who isn't over the hill at punt returner to give better field position, another back to supplement Martin, and another year in this system Freeman will look a lot better.

Having a defense that isn't one of the worst in NFL history against the pass will help too.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 09, 2012, 07:46:35 PM

This board would find ways to hate on Tom Brady if he was our QB.

bent09

Starter

#4 : December 09, 2012, 07:53:32 PM

Freeman will be just fine.  Why the dbs get a pass is beyond me.  One week we call it no pass rush and today we question freeman.  Yeah the o was sorry in the first half but we get beat by the pass every game.

My one word to describe this season is either disappointing or injury.   

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 09, 2012, 07:55:00 PM

I think Freeman will be a good QB for as long as he's in the NFL, and I hope like hell he stays a Buc for a long time.

However, I don't know if Schiano will put up with the up and down play that he brings. Remember, that's not Schiano's guy, and Schiano wants consistancy.

It's quite possible that he brings in someone else depending on how the rest of the games are played.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 09, 2012, 08:27:33 PM

Josh completed something stupid like 2 or 3 passes in the first half. And, what's more this is not his first similar performance. That is not the ilk of a franchise QB.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#7 : December 09, 2012, 08:29:37 PM

With all the criticism, Freeman is top 5 in TDs in the league. He is top 5 in fewest ints. He is #6 in passing yardage.
He is doing this while playing a "lot of inconsistent football." SMH
we gave up a career day to rookie qb when had an 11 point lead in the 4th qtr. And some people think a change at qb is our problem.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 09, 2012, 08:31:46 PM

Lol

Theoldbuc

Starter

#9 : December 09, 2012, 08:33:21 PM

With all the criticism, Freeman is top 5 in TDs in the league. He is top 5 in fewest ints. He is #6 in passing yardage.
we gave up a career day to rookie qb when had an 11 point lead in the 4th qtr. And some people think a change at qb is what we need. wow!

Theoldbuc

Starter

#10 : December 09, 2012, 08:34:16 PM

we gave up a career day to rookie qb when had an 11 point lead in the 4th qtr. And some people think a change at qb is what we need. wow!

moose40

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 09, 2012, 08:38:33 PM

we gave up a career day to rookie qb when had an 11 point lead in the 4th qtr. And some people think a change at qb is our problem.
we also had to rely on a muffed punt to jump start an offense that scored zero points where that defense who blew a 11 point lead also only allowed 10 points.where was the offense in the first half? the one that hadnt been shut out in the first half all season? we all know the dbs on the bucs are atrocious,  but dont we expect the offense to show up against a defense that has gone through coaching changes because they underperformed so many times, and freeman helped them look like a jim johnson defense.
: December 09, 2012, 08:40:28 PM moose40

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 09, 2012, 08:42:22 PM

You type this as if Freeman's performance today doesn't deserve it.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 09, 2012, 08:49:07 PM

You type this as if Freeman's performance today doesn't deserve it.

Against a terrible D no less. Really tough to defend today's performance and I consider myself a fan.

bent09

Starter

#14 : December 09, 2012, 08:49:29 PM

+1
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman not the answer...now we know « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools