Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3rd and 7 « previous next »
Page: 1

moose40

Hall of Famer
: December 09, 2012, 05:53:42 PM

im just wondering, if the bucs called a pass on third and 7 instead of a running play in an attempt to force philly to use its last timeout, what would you guys being saying if freeman threw a worm burner or mailed it 10 yards over a receivers head, or worse throws a pick six in that situation. would you guys being saying he should have called a run?

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 09, 2012, 06:23:39 PM

Maybe but throwing a pass would make me feel like they were trying to get the first down

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 09, 2012, 06:25:00 PM

I don't think anyone would **CENSORED** about trying for a first down.  The run was a give up play.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 09, 2012, 06:25:08 PM

Maybe but throwing a pass would make me feel like they were trying to get the first down

+1

Herm Edwards said: "You play to win the Game! Hello!"

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#4 : December 09, 2012, 06:25:57 PM

Exactly. Running on 3rd and 7 was like giving up. Basically saying our defense will make a stop (when all evidence disproved that notion in terms of our pass defense)*

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 09, 2012, 06:27:18 PM

im just wondering, if the bucs called a pass on third and 7 instead of a running play in an attempt to force philly to use its last timeout, what would you guys being saying if freeman threw a worm burner or mailed it 10 yards over a receivers head, or worse throws a pick six in that situation. would you guys being saying he should have called a run?

I say if you don't trust your QB to make a play in that situation, especially when your other option is to send out the worst pass D known to man, then you need to get rid of him.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#6 : December 09, 2012, 06:27:34 PM

Someone may need to send Schiano that Herm Edwards PC; http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&v=IMk5sMHj58I

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#7 : December 09, 2012, 06:29:36 PM

I say if you don't trust your QB to make a play in that situation, especially when your other option is to send out the worst pass D known to man, then you need to get rid of him.

+1

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 09, 2012, 06:30:23 PM

When your cube has thrown for 41% on the day and should have had at least two picked.. then i suppose you pick your poison. I felt at the time and still do that it was a total pu___y play call but like Hate said.. that says something about the confidence they had in their "franchise" QB.

Jumper

Second String

#9 : December 09, 2012, 06:33:01 PM

I say I don't care who care who the QB is you don't hand the ball off there with the corners this team fields.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#10 : December 09, 2012, 06:36:58 PM

Unless I'm missing something didn't Josh Freeman win a Panthers game for us in overtime a few weeks ago that we had no business winning? I'm not saying he was perfect today but he was great in the second half. He's proven before that he can win when the game is on the line. Schiano f*cked up by not trusting the Freeman on that play. Too worried about turnover to have any faith in the kid. This loss is completely on conservative Schiano.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 09, 2012, 08:27:04 PM

im not saying it was the right call, but I can see his point in mak8ng philly burn their last time out. but I agree with most in that if the run fails you are putting it in the hands of the worst pass defense. my point was simply if they threw the ball and it was incomplete or short, I feel people would have complained anyways becausr then people would have said something about leaving philly with a timeout.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 09, 2012, 08:43:06 PM

Denver is getting rid of Peyton? Depending on how long he intends to play here, we can trade Freeman for some draft picks. 'If peyton wants to play here', is out of question, after he saw our weapons last week, he prolly would break the TD record before our bye week. I would not blame him for coming here late in his career, wanting to play for a team that can CARRY him. If you have the weapons, use 'em.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3rd and 7 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools