Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 10 Things We Know We're Ticked Off About « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

gone

Hall of Famer
#60 : December 13, 2012, 04:33:18 PM

I knew what you were saying. I quoted it because it was a lame counter to 'doc.

I don't need to do much to make my argument better. You are making things incredibly easy in that regard.

To quote the OP, keep up the "candy coat".
What exactly is your argument anyway. You act as if because i'm pro Freeman I said he's the greatest player ever and he doesn't need any improvement. I said he's good he will get better, the team around him should get better and so on. I think I've admitted several times in this thread that he misses throws, has bad games etc. i'm just saying I like the guy and we should move forward with him as oppose to getting another quarterback.  I guess in your mind that translates to Freeman is the best ever and never makes mistakes but whatever.

I've made a few arguments in this thread, but overall, it comes down to one point.

Freeman deserves criticism for bad play and shares the responsibility for some of losses that we have this year, including the loss 4 days ago.

Let's be clear. You started all of this with, "Freemans the man dude. Can it.".

Since those 6 words we're typed, you have said nothing to back up that he is "the man". All you have done is make excuse after excuse.

Doc said it best.

"He's not that guy, there isn't a damn bit of evidence to show that he ever will be.  If you think you've seen it you are deluding yourself based on what you hope, rather than what you have seen.  Every "defense" of Josh seems based on what people hope he will turn into, not on what he is now."
Well he is the man. What do you why me to do say he's not the man when he clearly is. That would be stupid. Then one of you guys tell me to be objective as if I haven't admitted Freeman has his issues yet caradoc, you and illuminator all cosign this idea that he hasn't shown "a damn bit of evidence" that he can be that guy. Really? Not 1 bit? Fine whatever. But i'm happy because Freeman is the starting quarterback of the Tampa bay buccaneers. And guess what Dom, Schiano and the glazers are all deluded with me because Freeman will be the starter next year and he will get a big fat juicy contract extension.

Evidence is mounting that you are definitely not an expert of what is clear and what isn't. So you saying something is "clearly" a fact, holds little-to-no weight.

The difference between the three of us and you, is that you are saying that he is absolutely or "clearly" "the man"....and we are saying that there is no way to say that he is absolutely anything because he has yet to show any sort of consistency.

I hope, if he is given a "big fat juicy contract", that he actually deserves it and not just because of a continued sense of false hope that he will, out of the blue, flip a switch and turn into a lost Manning brother.

Once again he is the man and you can can it

I think it's time for your nap. Run along. You keep on digging deeper and it's not a coincidence that no one is jumping down the ever-growing illogical pit to join/save you.
Lol this is funny. I called him "the man" what do you think this means? What do you think I think it means? And P.S i'm at the gym on a treadmill on my phone typing this not taking a nap. If you saw my bod you'd probably **CENSORED** your pants!

Well now we know for certain your a 300lb male virgin.  Probably still in high school.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#61 : December 13, 2012, 04:49:39 PM

I don't need to do much to make my argument better. You are making things incredibly easy in that regard.

What exactly is your argument anyway. You act as if because i'm pro Freeman I said he's the greatest player ever and he doesn't need any improvement. I said he's good he will get better, the team around him should get better and so on. I think I've admitted several times in this thread that he misses throws, has bad games etc. i'm just saying I like the guy and we should move forward with him as oppose to getting another quarterback.  I guess in your mind that translates to Freeman is the best ever and never makes mistakes but whatever.

I've made a few arguments in this thread, but overall, it comes down to one point.

Freeman deserves criticism for bad play and shares the responsibility for some of losses that we have this year, including the loss 4 days ago.

Since those 6 words we're typed, you have said nothing to back up that he is "the man". All you have done is make excuse after excuse.

Doc said it best.

"He's not that guy, there isn't a damn bit of evidence to show that he ever will be.  If you think you've seen it you are deluding yourself based on what you hope, rather than what you have seen.  Every "defense" of Josh seems based on what people hope he will turn into, not on what he is now."
Well he is the man. What do you why me to do say he's not the man when he clearly is. That would be stupid. Then one of you guys tell me to be objective as if I haven't admitted Freeman has his issues yet caradoc, you and illuminator all cosign this idea that he hasn't shown "a damn bit of evidence" that he can be that guy. Really? Not 1 bit? Fine whatever. But i'm happy because Freeman is the starting quarterback of the Tampa bay buccaneers. And guess what Dom, Schiano and the glazers are all deluded with me because Freeman will be the starter next year and he will get a big fat juicy contract extension.

Evidence is mounting that you are definitely not an expert of what is clear and what isn't. So you saying something is "clearly" a fact, holds little-to-no weight.

The difference between the three of us and you, is that you are saying that he is absolutely or "clearly" "the man"....and we are saying that there is no way to say that he is absolutely anything because he has yet to show any sort of consistency.

I hope, if he is given a "big fat juicy contract", that he actually deserves it and not just because of a continued sense of false hope that he will, out of the blue, flip a switch and turn into a lost Manning brother.

I think it's time for your nap. Run along. You keep on digging deeper and it's not a coincidence that no one is jumping down the ever-growing illogical pit to join/save you.
Lol this is funny. I called him "the man" what do you think this means? What do you think I think it means? And P.S i'm at the gym on a treadmill on my phone typing this not taking a nap. If you saw my bod you'd probably **CENSORED** your pants!

Well now we know for certain your a 300lb male virgin.  Probably still in high school.

Lol. No joke. When I read that last part, I said out loud, "is this person for real?"

I think we have a bi-poster on our hands, doc. Best to let "her" get back to the treadmill. Wouldn't want to let that "sh*t your pants" bod to get flabby.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Ms Elam

Starter

#62 : December 13, 2012, 04:53:35 PM

Doc said it best.

Lol. No joke. When I read that last part, I said out loud, "is this person for real?"

I think we have a bi-poster on our hands, doc. Best to let "her" get back to the treadmill. Wouldn't want to let that "sh*t your pants" bod to get flabby.
Why do you think i'm a guy? He sent a joke I sent one back.  Big deal. Am I really on a treadmill? No am I hot? Probably not to you but i'm married so that's irrelevant. Why y'all tripping dang

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#63 : December 13, 2012, 05:01:21 PM

Ms Elam is really special.  Just brings a lot of great banter.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#64 : December 13, 2012, 05:05:15 PM

Yes, the banter was of such high quality I shat my pants.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#65 : December 13, 2012, 05:24:44 PM

Not one person is singularly blaming Josh Freeman for that loss on Sunday. Most are just saying that overall, he needs to play better. That first half was absolutely terrible, yet it gets ignored. Sure, Freeman had a part in digging the Bucs out of that hole, but it was a hole that he helped to create. Sure, Freeman can't control what the defense does, but he can control how he plays through 4 qtrs., and he can(to a degree) control how often, or seldom, the defense sees the field.
Well, since Freeman had the shovel already, he might as well dig himself out of the hole he created.

The defense is as is.  The BUcs need to outscore opponents to win, it is as simple as that, and Freeman has the tools to do so.  But he sucks for such long stretches of the game that it severely hampers their chances to win right now.  He may improve, but what is he going to improve on?  His accuracy?

Not going tohappen, he is just not a tight window thrower, he is a wounded duck thrower in mid range, he always looks panicked in big games (can the comeback stuff...he is part of those problems, more often than not) and when you have to play streetball, that is when Free is at his best.  BUt this isnt the NSFL, it is the NFL.

Just not a fan.  I hate inconsistency, but his is maddening, because often it involves him making the most awul passes and decisions.

I don't think improving a 54% completion percentage is so out of the question you can say "it's not going to happen."

He has already had two seasons with 60%+

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#66 : December 13, 2012, 05:26:04 PM

I will say I don't think he finishes with a career completion percentage any higher than 61% but even in the 58-61% range you are usually in good shape.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#67 : December 13, 2012, 05:27:48 PM

Not one person is singularly blaming Josh Freeman for that loss on Sunday. Most are just saying that overall, he needs to play better. That first half was absolutely terrible, yet it gets ignored. Sure, Freeman had a part in digging the Bucs out of that hole, but it was a hole that he helped to create. Sure, Freeman can't control what the defense does, but he can control how he plays through 4 qtrs., and he can(to a degree) control how often, or seldom, the defense sees the field.
Well, since Freeman had the shovel already, he might as well dig himself out of the hole he created.

The defense is as is.  The BUcs need to outscore opponents to win, it is as simple as that, and Freeman has the tools to do so.  But he sucks for such long stretches of the game that it severely hampers their chances to win right now.  He may improve, but what is he going to improve on?  His accuracy?

Not going tohappen, he is just not a tight window thrower, he is a wounded duck thrower in mid range, he always looks panicked in big games (can the comeback stuff...he is part of those problems, more often than not) and when you have to play streetball, that is when Free is at his best.  BUt this isnt the NSFL, it is the NFL.

Just not a fan.  I hate inconsistency, but his is maddening, because often it involves him making the most awul passes and decisions.

I don't think improving a 54% completion percentage is so out of the question you can say "it's not going to happen."

He has already had two seasons with 60%+

Personally, I don't care too much about completion %. If he is throwing accurate balls, that % will go up. Completion % is yet another stat that doesn't tell the whole story.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#68 : December 13, 2012, 05:32:06 PM

Personally, I don't care too much about completion %. If he is throwing accurate balls, that % will go up. Completion % is yet another stat that doesn't tell the whole story.

Not a terrible arguement by any means.

I think we can all agree Freeman is playing worlds better this season than he was last season, despite posting a 61% in 2011.

Mostly because he was spiking the ball into Kregg Lumpkin's chest on every other play.

Ms Elam

Starter

#69 : December 13, 2012, 06:04:11 PM

Ms Elam is really special.  Just brings a lot of great banter.
Special in a special education kind of way? And I do enjoy the "debating". as woman. I've never once in my life had a friend I can argue sports with.  Not in depth anyway. Most women that follow sports can probably tell you who Michael Jordan played for but the couldn't tell you what position he played. My husband a military brat who grew up overseas loving soccer. I've literally spent years mentally ripping TV analyst who generally make a point but miss points either because they are stupid or they will cancel out their original point. This site is probably the closest thing I have to having sports convo.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 10 Things We Know We're Ticked Off About « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools