Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Noah's Flood actually happened? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

: December 11, 2012, 11:19:02 AM

http://t.now.msn.com/robert-ballard-says-noahs-ark-evidence-comes-to-light?ocid=ansnow12

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 11, 2012, 11:20:10 AM

The damn elephants took up 2/3 of the ark. Explain that?

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 11, 2012, 11:37:11 AM

2 baby elephants?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 11, 2012, 11:45:46 AM

Here is what happened.

There was abnormal rainfall in that region causing tide waters to rise, which summoned Noah to build a boat for his family and livestock.. There were 2 chickens, 2 goats, 2 cows, etc.. But lets not get carried away by a text that has been translated about 100 times over. The bible is not the word of God

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#4 : December 11, 2012, 11:53:42 AM

The legend of Gilgamesh probably was based on a localized historical event.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 11, 2012, 03:15:20 PM

Here is what happened.

There was abnormal rainfall in that region causing tide waters to rise, which summoned Noah to build a boat for his family and livestock.. There were 2 chickens, 2 goats, 2 cows, etc.. But lets not get carried away by a text that has been translated about 100 times over. The bible is not the word of God
==================================
yes it is

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 12, 2012, 07:35:55 AM

Here is what happened.

==================================
yes it is

Well okay, I'm convinced. I just wish you would have said so a long time ago. Think of all the people killed in the name or religion. If you would have just said this years ago, you may have saved so many lives.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

spartan

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 12, 2012, 09:01:57 AM

There have been geological and archeological evidence around for a while that some kind of cataclysmic flooding type event happened around about the time that Noah was supposed have saved the world. The exact what has never been pinned down. There is also a number of stories in various civilizations that involved a Noah type theme of a massive flood. Even as a Christian I am not going to say Noah built a boat the size of a football and rescued the world's wild life, but there are some serious indications that suggest the story has some basis in real world events.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 12, 2012, 09:06:13 AM

There have been geological and archeological evidence around for a while that some kind of cataclysmic flooding type event happened around about the time that Noah was supposed have saved the world. The exact what has never been pinned down. There is also a number of stories in various civilizations that involved a Noah type theme of a massive flood. Even as a Christian I am not going to say Noah built a boat the size of a football and rescued the world's wild life, but there are some serious indications that suggest the story has some basis in real world events.

Thats how I feel. Illuminator posted a similar comment..

Like I said, the bible is not the word of God. It is MANS interpretation of Gods word

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 12, 2012, 09:08:44 AM

The story is found in cultures all over the world. If anything, multiple pieces of a comet falling apart and causing several tidal waves could cause flooding in various places.

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/nov/did-a-comet-cause-the-great-flood#.UMiPmXewWSo

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 12, 2012, 09:22:11 AM

Problem with that theory is that some of the floods occur thousands of years before the others. Far more likely that it was an ancient Sumerian tale that was later adopted, and expanded, by other cultures. There is no evidence to support the 'single worldwide flood' theory.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#11 : December 12, 2012, 10:22:22 AM

Far more likely the Bible had it right to begin with...

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 12, 2012, 10:27:47 AM

Yet somehow Gilgamesh came first...

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 12, 2012, 10:28:20 AM

Far more likely the Bible had it right to begin with...

That book contradicts itself more than it brings historical evidence

Think about it; the bible itself is a barrier for skepticism, a matter of definition and analysis, and a matter of translation and context. All of which are part of human thought. The Bible is MANS interpretation, and assumptions... Thats been translated FAR too many times to put any weight in its historical accuracy.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#14 : December 12, 2012, 10:42:48 AM

trip you are blinded. There is more than enough scientific, archeological, historical, and empirical data to confirm the Bible's supernatural origins. The data itself is overwhelming. The Bible is beyond the design of mankind. But like they say...more than enough evidence for the believer and never enough evidence for the skeptic.

This one thing is paramount ~ NOBODY comes to the Father unless he is called. If you're not called then you belong to the darkness. The are 2 owners in this world and everyone will be called a son of one of the two.

Sorry to be blunt but I am a truth seeker...and not particularly good with the politically correct rhetoric...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Noah's Flood actually happened? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools