Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Noah's Flood actually happened? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

spartan

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 12, 2012, 11:14:34 AM

Far more likely the Bible had it right to begin with...

That book contradicts itself more than it brings historical evidence

Think about it; the bible itself is a barrier for skepticism, a matter of definition and analysis, and a matter of translation and context. All of which are part of human thought. The Bible is MANS interpretation, and assumptions... Thats been translated FAR too many times to put any weight in its historical accuracy.

Not quite, it is the inspired word of God. It is definitely not a historical narrative although there is elements of that in it. Even the Gospels contradict themselves at times so anybody who says the Bible is the literal word of God is a fool or naive IMO.  That does not take away from the message though.

Yet I digress.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#16 : December 12, 2012, 11:16:12 AM

I think we know who the fool is.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 12, 2012, 11:18:03 AM

This one thing is paramount ~ NOBODY comes to the Father unless he is called. If you're not called then you belong to the darkness. The are 2 owners in this world and everyone will be called a son of one of the two.

Why was I not called? I think im pretty nice guy, I take care of my family overwhelmingly and I can usually talk someone down if they are distraught or upset. Your statement is confusing. But im starting to just think you are a crazy SOB

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 12, 2012, 11:20:38 AM

That does not take away from the message though.

Yet I digress.

Of course not. It wouldnt be worth talking about. Im just pointing out it being human

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 12, 2012, 11:21:09 AM

Amen.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#20 : December 12, 2012, 11:38:17 AM

Have you ever even read the Bible?
There is a parable about the kingdom of God likened to a wedding feast.
One of the ushers spotted a fellow at the wedding wearing the wrong clothes...so he said to the man "fellow what are you doing here?"
"Someone on the road invited me to come in"
Thus the man was thrown out because many are invited but few are chosen.

http://nlt.scripturetext.com/matthew/22.htm

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 12, 2012, 11:40:40 AM

Have you ever even read the Bible?
There is a parable about the kingdom of God likened to a wedding feast.
One of the ushers spotted a fellow at the wedding wearing the wrong clothes...so he said to the man "fellow what are you doing here?"
"Someone on the road invited me to come in"
Thus the man was thrown out because many are invited but few are chosen.

http://nlt.scripturetext.com/matthew/22.htm

Miss wrestling in the 90's

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

spartan

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 12, 2012, 11:48:44 AM

Indeed. Wonder what the results of a vote would be. Actually, I don't really wonder at all!

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 12, 2012, 12:01:02 PM

I know who I would vote for -
A man that professes faith then out the same mouth undermines the very foundation. If any would listen to you it would be the blind leading the blind. Ignorance isn't as dangerous as thinking you have the answer when youre as far from it as can possibly be. You haven't read the Bible, you don't understand it, and you ridicule it and me....yes I wonder who the fool is...

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#24 : December 12, 2012, 12:04:37 PM

to me Spartan you are the next WhiteTiger. A psudeo~Christian. One masquerading as a disciple of Christ. That's my opinion. You want to add your 2 cents in my threads to questions directed at me . ... and you think you know scripture so you can lecture me? Again...I wonder who the fool is

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#25 : December 12, 2012, 12:09:04 PM

You sure do a lot of wondering.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 12, 2012, 12:10:16 PM

PS the Gospels do not contradict themselves. The Bible has NO contradictions that cannot be explained with sound reason and very believable understanding.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : December 12, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Actually, the Bible starts with two differing accounts of creation, both of which are written by someone with no knowledge of celestial mechanics.

The book is composed primarily of allegorical tales and moral fables, many of which are proven to have been lifted from earlier and surrounding civilizations.: Gilgamesh, for instance. This makes it invaluable in studying ancient mythology and the evolution of human civilization.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#28 : December 12, 2012, 12:29:33 PM

Trip let me clarify the "God's Word" vs man's interpretation there of.

The first 5 books were written by Moses. Its called the Pentateuch. God told Moses to write down the things he told him and make a book. That's how the Bible started. God wanted a book written. God's Person to Moses' person - is how the 5 books were written. The rest were written by various authors some of whom quoted God's voice directly when He spoke and other times they wrote what they saw, heard, thought, current history, military battles, father/mother lineage, etc. That the authors might have injected some opinion is without question. But that they had Holy Spirit is also - without question to a man of faith.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 12, 2012, 01:14:39 PM

Trip let me clarify the "God's Word" vs man's interpretation there of.

The first 5 books were written by Moses. Its called the Pentateuch. God told Moses to write down the things he told him and make a book. That's how the Bible started. God wanted a book written. God's Person to Moses' person - is how the 5 books were written. The rest were written by various authors some of whom quoted God's voice directly when He spoke and other times they wrote what they saw, heard, thought, current history, military battles, father/mother lineage, etc. That the authors might have injected some opinion is without question. But that they had Holy Spirit is also - without question to a man of faith.

So it is not the LITERAL word of God then is it?

Also, how do you explain the differences in, for example,  the Sermon on the Mount in Luke and Mathews Gospels? Did the event happen? Yes. Are hte teachings of Jesus accurate and important?  Yes. But, if it was the ACTUAL  word of God how do you explain that one of them got it partially wrong?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Noah's Flood actually happened? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools