Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: People are confused on the real issue, it's not taxes. « previous next »
Page: 1

BucNY

Hall of Famer

: December 12, 2012, 07:45:20 AM

Tax more tax more everyone yells and screams. I haven't enough and the greedy people have it all. So raise the taxes, give the government more money. Does anyone think this will do anything other than allow them to spend/waste more? The amount of money that is being spent on salaries and benefits of politicians, administration etc... is insanely high yet no one calls for changes there. The focus is primarily on feeding more into a broken system based on waste.

The powers at will have done a good job of blaming rich people for why there is not enough money to go around yet have not paid one bit of attention for the fact that while everyone else in the country struggles to pay for their healthcare, they continue to have 100% paid health insurance, retirement, etc....

Hate rich people is the new mantra however the rich people that work in our government systems and suckle freely off the taxpayer teet seem to be left out of this, why is that? Time for public service to be public service again and not a lucrative career choice. Get rid of needless county, state and federal jobs and we'd all be surprised how much money would suddenly be available for social programs, education, healthcare, etc.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 12, 2012, 08:00:56 AM

I can't find recent numbers but in 2010 it was estimated that about 50% of the 3-4 trillion dollar budget went to running the government (salaries, benefits, building maintenance, etc..) and not actually toward program budgets.

- Everyone

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 12, 2012, 10:41:45 AM

No disrespect by your title goes along with your statement about confusion. Politicans don't get rich from their salaries. I don't think you understand the problems that will arise if county, state, and federal jobs are cut. You should like into all the administration it takes just to build roads. It is true that the government has a spending problem on all level.  Also, people can call them out on it. Instead they rather follow political slogans and believe soap opera issues of candidates when going to the polls. If Americans want change, they have to change the way they vote.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 18, 2012, 09:36:20 AM

Politicians don't get rich from their salaries? Really?

Each of the 435 members of the house and senate make $174,000 each year. Plus every holiday and even thinks its a holiday off, healthcare, etc...Doesn't seem like "public service" does it?

I do agree, spending is a problem on all levels. Local DOA employee's use shotguns to fire blanks to scare off seagulls from a landfill. Oh by the way, the shotguns use to "scare" the birds are purchased at $1500 to $2000 a piece. They had some extra cash a few years back and bought all new guns so they would use all their funding so they could get more next year.

- Everyone

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 18, 2012, 03:23:42 PM

Each of the 435 members of the house and senate make $174,000 each year. Plus every holiday and even thinks its a holiday off, healthcare, etc...Doesn't seem like "public service" does it?

I do agree, spending is a problem on all levels. Local DOA employee's use shotguns to fire blanks to scare off seagulls from a landfill. Oh by the way, the shotguns use to "scare" the birds are purchased at $1500 to $2000 a piece. They had some extra cash a few years back and bought all new guns so they would use all their funding so they could get more next year.

Right. They become multi-millionaires from a $174,000 a year salary. smh.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 18, 2012, 03:37:21 PM

Exactly. While I agree that those salaries could stand to be cut, the vast majority of those serving on congress were already worth about 20 times that much before they even ran for office.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 18, 2012, 03:43:58 PM

Exactly. While I agree that those salaries could stand to be cut, the vast majority of those serving on congress were already worth about 20 times that much before they even ran for office.

.......and other become millionaires after getting into office.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 19, 2012, 04:55:25 PM

Uh...what?

No they don't become millionaires from that Salary genius, unless you count kickbacks, buyoffs and bribes, then I'm sure they do. You totally missed my point, not surprising. My point is "public servants" make roughly 4-5 times what the national average.

- Everyone

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 19, 2012, 05:10:34 PM

You obviously missed the sarcasm in my statement. Since you seem passionate about the issue I think you should read this book. It explains why politics is the way it is including how the media and general public plays a role into it. I would really like to hear what you think about it if you read it.

Edit: Chances are pretty good you can find it in your local library.

: December 19, 2012, 05:13:06 PM BucfanNC12

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#9 : December 20, 2012, 10:16:18 AM

Uh...what?

No they don't become millionaires from that Salary genius, unless you count kickbacks, buyoffs and bribes, then I'm sure they do. You totally missed my point, not surprising. My point is "public servants" make roughly 4-5 times what the national average.

You think $174,000 is 4-5 times the national average for people of their same age?    Most of those guys are in their 50's.   Most guys I know in any profession in their 50's make over 100k a year.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: People are confused on the real issue, it's not taxes. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools