Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is what Dominik has assembled to defend against the NFL's elite QBs: « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 12, 2012, 03:01:06 PM

Dom did a great job this past offseason imo. Traew, I respect your general football knowledge, but your Buc history needs a bit of refreshing.

Dom was stuck with what he had. Finnegan wasn't going to sign with the Bucs no matter what, and the feeling was that NONE of the guys out there were starter worthy (along with talib's troublemaking). Wright was making the best out of a bad situation. Nothing more, nothing less. I suppose you could blame him for Barron instead of Claiborne (if you wanted to), but again, it probably wasn't his choice (schiano) and we wouldn't have Martin if not for trading down.

In retrospect, Dom did about as much as any GM could in that particular offseason situation.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 12, 2012, 03:03:51 PM

"Ignorant" is expecting Talib to make it thru 16 ganes

So is signing a below average CB and expecting him to help solidify this unit, while also paying him a boat load of $. The Wright signing is just another blemish on Dom's FA history.

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 12, 2012, 03:20:55 PM

But, But... Dom is a ROCKSTAR !!! He JBF told us so himself !!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 12, 2012, 03:27:08 PM

You guys have an agenda if you really think dom could've done better in that situation.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 12, 2012, 03:46:18 PM

You guys have an agenda if you really think dom could've done better in that situation.

Poor Dom. He had no control of the personnel he was inheriting at the start of the league year, 2012.....oh wait.

Damn Glazers, not letting him go out and acquire talent.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#20 : December 12, 2012, 03:48:33 PM

If you bring someone else in, do you think Wright signs to be a number 3? Do you bench Talib to number 3?

The math doesn't work for me.

NovaBuc

Starter

#21 : December 12, 2012, 03:57:31 PM

Hindsight is always 20/20. Considering all of the holes on the team that needed to be filled over the last couple of years, it's not surprising the cupboard is bare now when it comes to our secondary. They were one of the few areas things were semi-ok (when compared to the rest of the team) dating back to Gruden's last year. We had glaring issues on the defensive line, on the offensive line, with the linebackers, with the wide receivers, with the running backs.. even with free agency you can't fix all of the problem areas at once. Unfortunately, the late round picks haven't turned out well for us like they have with the Patriots - their 7th round rookie CB Dennard looked pretty good Monday night against Houston.

Would it have been nice to have better players? Sure, of course. I personally would have loved to see the team go and get Flowers or Carr when they were available, however for whatever reason we weren't signing pricey free agents when they hit the market. After last off season, that looks to have changed.

And one thing about Dom, he may miss on players now and again but when there is a need to be addressed on the team he has shown he's quite willing to get the bodies in here to get it fixed (two DTs with the first two picks one year, two DEs the first two picks in another).That being said, it'd be nice to see them bring in some of these free agent corners in for a look-see considering how bad the secondary is playing right now. And perhaps looking at new DB coaches during the off season.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 12, 2012, 05:29:11 PM

These other guys people are clamoring for were never going to come here. Carr, was ALWAYS going to be a Cowboy, Joseph was too expensive the year before. The decision that is the bad decision is trading down to take Barron.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 12, 2012, 05:43:40 PM

If you bring someone else in, do you think Wright signs to be a number 3? Do you bench Talib to number 3?

Eric Wright doesn't work for me.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 12, 2012, 05:56:33 PM

These other guys people are clamoring for were never going to come here. Carr, was ALWAYS going to be a Cowboy, Joseph was too expensive the year before. The decision that is the bad decision is trading down to take Barron.

Nah. It was good too. Maybe we don't see it now in light of the current help around him or the system he's in.

All he has out there to help, ..is Barber (who has admitted losing a step). And he gets no help from a DC that causes him to be singled out at times with his playcalls (especially if the line gets no pressure).

I can give this rookie time to grow, especially if Tampa can bring in a CB worthy of being a #1, or at least have a respectable passrush.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 12, 2012, 06:08:20 PM

Nah. It was good too. Maybe we don't see it now in light of the current help around him or the system he's in.

All he has out there to help, ..is Barber (who has admitted losing a step). And he gets no help from a DC that causes him to be singled out at times with his playcalls (especially if the line gets no pressure).

I can give this rookie time to grow, especially if Tampa can bring in a CB worthy of being a #1, or at least have a respectable passrush.

Damn. I hope we also got a year supply of pull-ups from JAX along with the 4th rounder.....cause it sounds like we are not only having to spoon feed him, but also potty train him as well.

I'm sorry, but if a S is drafted top 10, he needs to come in and make a solid impact. He hasn't even done that. Shame on us for reaching.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 12, 2012, 06:20:53 PM

My choice was to dump Talib, never sign Wright, and get a new #1 and #2 corner

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 12, 2012, 06:29:32 PM

You accuse other people of "having an agenda" and yet you can't seem to find a single move that even rates a "questionable". 

Buy a mirror.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 12, 2012, 06:35:11 PM

I think Dom should have spent $160 million instead of that measly $140 million

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#29 : December 12, 2012, 06:44:34 PM

Eric Wright doesn't work for me.

I won't dispute that.  Never was a fan.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is what Dominik has assembled to defend against the NFL's elite QBs: « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools