Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO SAID FREEMAN IS A WORK IN PROGRESS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

PewterReportVH

Starter
« : December 12, 2012, 03:41:26 PM »

The Buccaneers began preparation for the New Orleans Saints on Wednesday at One Buc Place. Head coach Greg Schiano spoke to the media immediately following practice, and discussed the play of QB Josh Freeman, Michael Bennett and how the team is trying to get better in order to break their three-game losing streak.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8623:&Itemid=15

Theoldbuc

Starter

« #1 : December 12, 2012, 04:05:58 PM »

The Buccaneers began preparation for the New Orleans Saints on Wednesday at One Buc Place. Head coach Greg Schiano spoke to the media immediately following practice, and discussed the play of QB Josh Freeman, Michael Bennett and how the team is trying to get better in order to break their three-game losing streak.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8623:&Itemid=15

Interesting thoughts from a guy who didn't draft him.

Can you talk about Josh Freeman the last two weeks and what do you think is going on with his inaccuracy?
“Certainly they have not been his best two games. That is obvious. Sometimes it is not always what it appears to be as well. Sometimes the route wasn’t exactly the way it should be and you are throwing it on timing and rhythm. Sometimes it is coming out before the guy ever breaks and if he breaks wrong. Sometimes it is not that. Sometimes he just misses the mark. Sometimes he is under pressure. It is never, like I always stand up here and I know it sounds like ‘oh here he goes again’ but it is never just one thing. If it was you would fix the one thing, but everybody would fix it. Be hard to win. He is a work in progress too. He is a young guy that is getting better. He has done some extraordinary things at the quarterback position since we have been here. Forget what he has done before we arrived. He has also had sometimes where he wishes he could have the throws back. I do see if you said that it was a stock, how is it going? Stock is trending that way [up] for sure. I know it is a what have you done for me lately business, but overall the stock is trending upward. We just got to get better this week though. The stock market has got to close Sunday at whatever time and we got to be on the higher side.”

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 12, 2012, 04:13:59 PM »

Next year, if we are still talking about the struggles of Freeman, we might get a...

"C'mon guys, he's only 25"

..from the coach.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 12, 2012, 04:15:51 PM »

But is he Youngry?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 12, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »

A work in progress is better than he cant do it. I'll take it for now.

Jumper

Second String

« #5 : December 12, 2012, 05:29:55 PM »

Honestly at this point I'm more comfortable with Freeman at QB than I am with Schiano as coach.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 12, 2012, 05:36:56 PM »

Honestly at this point I'm more comfortable with Freeman at QB than I am with Schiano as coach.

I'm more comfortable with Freeman @ Qb than any of the FA guys going to be available, ..and this putrid pass defense.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 12, 2012, 06:00:43 PM »

Well....

The defense has blown 4 4th-quarter leads this season so far. Freeman has things to work on, but the defense is the biggest problem by far.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #8 : December 12, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »

I honestly believe Schiano doesn't want JF. Sure, there is coachspeak, but he's said nothing that makes me think otherwise.

I sure as hell hope this isn't history repeating itself. Afterall, this isn't Schiano's guy, Dom may bend to want Schiano wants to do with the team, and with the offense surrounding JF there is a possibility Schiano could believe another QB could do the same job or better.

I want JF to be the QB of the Bucs for years, but Schiano may not agree with me. Just saying.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 12, 2012, 06:11:29 PM »

I honestly believe Schiano doesn't want JF. Sure, there is coachspeak, but he's said nothing that makes me think otherwise.

I sure as hell hope this isn't history repeating itself. Afterall, this isn't Schiano's guy, Dom may bend to want Schiano wants to do with the team, and with the offense surrounding JF there is a possibility Schiano could believe another QB could do the same job or better.

I want JF to be the QB of the Bucs for years, but Schiano may not agree with me. Just saying.

I doubt the Bucs break the bank for him and give him an extension right now. I think they will go into his contract year and see what he does. They can franchise him after that if they have to. But there is no pressure to extend him at this point.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #10 : December 12, 2012, 08:16:21 PM »

Four years and counting!

What's the rush?  We got forever to watch him develop!  Right?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 12, 2012, 08:26:27 PM »

Freeman has things to work on, but the defense is the biggest problem by far.

I think that absolutely everyone understands that. No one is running around claiming this is a franchise defense.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #12 : December 12, 2012, 09:11:34 PM »

I think that absolutely everyone understands that. No one is running around claiming this is a franchise defense.

Exactamundo!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #13 : December 12, 2012, 09:25:26 PM »

That defense is a work in progress. How many times have the defense blown leads since Freeman took over as QB?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #14 : December 12, 2012, 09:28:37 PM »

Exactamundo!

+2

Unlike the Free-pologists, it's good to see posters here that can have conversations about weaknesses on this team without ignoring the bad play of "certain players".

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO SAID FREEMAN IS A WORK IN PROGRESS « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools