Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO SAID FREEMAN IS A WORK IN PROGRESS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Ms Elam

Starter

#30 : December 13, 2012, 03:59:31 PM

Yup. It's a different NFL. At the very least, you are going to need a really good QB who can win at least a few big games and play good ball for 4 qtrs. I'm not confident that we have that guy.
I am  :D

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : December 13, 2012, 04:01:20 PM

The "average" rating has been eliminated due to downsizing. The only remaining categories are "elite" and "garbage."

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 13, 2012, 04:09:52 PM

Is Ms Elam a Muslim?  Man this flu is kicking my ass...they sound alike...

Calm down, I have a muslim friend.  Well...I know the doctor.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#33 : December 13, 2012, 04:11:33 PM

Sure clev, jax, min, stl, ari, buf, kc, oak, nyj, ten,phi The other clubs whose starters he would def compete with and have more then a decent chance to start - car, min, mia, sd.

Do you even watch football?

Yea probably more then you u dumb turd. Don't think because under my name it doesn't say hall of famer like you doesn't mean I watch any less football then you do. Just means I got more to do then sit and post allday. You dont know me man. But anyways chace, I can agree with you statement that cam is more dynamic the free but so was vince young and he actually had winning records before. For all of cam's athleticism im still waiting for his team to be good. O and I'm waiting for him to actually have a late game comeback in his whole career and finish the deal. Other then that I think my list is pretty solid. Like I said free is only 24 and only been in this system 1 year and has never had the same o coordinator unless if you count Lolson. IMO freeman is gonna be a really good QB. He might never be brady or brees. But can he be a joe flacco or matt schaub. I think so. Thats just my opinion tho.

Ms Elam

Starter

#34 : December 13, 2012, 04:14:42 PM

Sure clev, jax, min, stl, ari, buf, kc, oak, nyj, ten,phi The other clubs whose starters he would def compete with and have more then a decent chance to start - car, min, mia, sd.

You said "min" twice.

St. Louis belongs on the maybe list, IMO. You give Bradford just one of the Bucs 2 WRs and he could easily match Freeman's production since '10.
He would have a chance to start over Cam. Cam is too dynamic to be benched in favor of Freeman.

I pretty much agree with the rest of the 10 on the left.

So I think that instead of 15, it probably could have said:

"There's at least 10 teams in the league that would love to have freeman on their squad."

but 15 wasn't too unreasonable.

You know what Chace (while I'm with you), give him 15.  Let's say there are 15 teams that would get an upgrade by having Freeman.  Doesn't that then mean that half of the QB's are better and half are worse?  That essentailly makes him... AVERAGE!
Sure technically. But 3 of the ones ahead of him Manning, Brady, and Rodgers, will be top 10 quarterbacks when its all said and done. Then the remaining 12 has guys like Flacco, ben, and eli who all have games just like Freeman had Sunday every single season. They just have the playoff experience. If I see Freeman stink it up in the playoffs them my perception on him may change. take all those guys and put them on the bucs and I cant see any of them besides Brees making this team markedly better. And that'sthat's only with this years team, not the previous 3 years with raheem.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 13, 2012, 04:15:47 PM

You said "min" twice.

St. Louis belongs on the maybe list, IMO. You give Bradford just one of the Bucs 2 WRs and he could easily match Freeman's production since '10.
He would have a chance to start over Cam. Cam is too dynamic to be benched in favor of Freeman.

"There's at least 10 teams in the league that would love to have freeman on their squad."

You know what Chace (while I'm with you), give him 15.  Let's say there are 15 teams that would get an upgrade by having Freeman.  Doesn't that then mean that half of the QB's are better and half are worse?  That essentailly makes him... AVERAGE!
Sure technically. But 3 of the ones ahead of him Manning, Brady, and Rodgers, will be top 10 quarterbacks when its all said and done. Then the remaining 12 has guys like Flacco, ben, and eli who all have games just like Freeman had Sunday every single season. They just have the playoff experience. If I see Freeman stink it up in the playoffs them my perception on him may change. take all those guys and put them on the bucs and I cant see any of them besides Brees making this team markedly better. And that'sthat's only with this years team, not the previous 3 years with raheem.
IF and PLAYOFFS is about right.

Ms Elam

Starter

#36 : December 13, 2012, 04:16:47 PM

Is Ms Elam a Muslim?  Man this flu is kicking my ass...they sound alike...

Calm down, I have a muslim friend.  Well...I know the doctor.
no i'm not a Muslim.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 13, 2012, 04:17:38 PM

I believe you actually have to make the playoffs before you can stink them up.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

gone

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 13, 2012, 04:20:49 PM

Do you even watch football?

Yea probably more then you u dumb turd. Don't think because under my name it doesn't say hall of famer like you doesn't mean I watch any less football then you do.

Got some insecurities there pal?  Nobody ever said anything about your post count.  But hey, let's get start tossing around the insults, shall we?

Ms Elam

Starter

#39 : December 13, 2012, 04:22:45 PM

You said "min" twice.

IF and PLAYOFFS is about right.
Exactly.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 13, 2012, 04:24:23 PM

Ok, I'm starting to think we have a "bi-poster" on our hands...

Who are you really, Ms Elam?

You said "min" twice.

If you are truly not a bi-poster, and you truly believe ^this^...well, I'm not even going to try anymore, because there is "clearly" no hope.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 13, 2012, 04:26:27 PM

So if he never makes the playoffs, you'll continue to overrate him?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 13, 2012, 04:27:26 PM

You said "min" twice.

The last 3 with Morris... yeah, I don't know what anyone would do, that was a complete waste of 3 years.  As for the other QB's though, I think this team has a winning record right now if we had a number of different QB's... possibly as high as 20.  Think on the fly: Eli, Romo, Griffen, Rodgers, Stafford, Cutler, A. Smith, Wilson, Ryan, Brees, Brady, Luck, Schaub, Roethlisberger, Dalton, Peyton, Rivers, Palmer.  That's 18 QB's right now that would have a winning record with this team.  The guys that I think who would be about equal... Bradford, Newton, Fitzpatrick... that's probably it.  Everyone else would probably have a worse record.  So about two-thirds of the starting QB's in this league would be at worst equal or better, than Freeman, with this team.  (Note: I didn't forget Floppo... I mean Flacco).

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 13, 2012, 04:29:24 PM

I don't know if it's productive to only name teams who would definitely take Freeman because there are lots of teams who wouldn't take Freeman because they're already invested with another player, but that player isn't necessarily doing anything better than Freeman. So while there may be X number of teams who wouldn't take Freeman, the number of teams who are getting more from their QB than Freeman is a bit smaller.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

gone

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 13, 2012, 04:29:29 PM

So if he never makes the playoffs, you'll continue to overrate him?

That appears to be the case.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO SAID FREEMAN IS A WORK IN PROGRESS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools