Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN fires Rob Parker « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #30 : December 14, 2012, 11:54:22 AM »

What does this have to do with the Bucs

Theoldbuc

Starter

« #31 : December 14, 2012, 12:08:22 PM »

I am a black man born in America. I have African friends who don't view me as an African. After all, I have never been to Africa, my father has never been to Africa, nor has my grandfather ever been to Africa.  See how that works? Add to that the hostility of slavery, Jim Crow and standard racism and you my understand how a unique ethnic identity would be formed.  There's a little education for you.

I have to admit I have more black friends who were literally born in Africa than I do black friends who were born in the US.    From my experience, I find blacks in the US to have a chip on their shoulder in many cases that blacks in Africa do not have.    Even though I am white, I never feel any racist hatred at all towards me when I am in Africa.   I can't say that in the US.   And I find it interesting that the black friends I do have who were originally from Africa tell me they do not feel comfortable or accepted when they are in the US and are around blacks born in the USA - because they feel they are treated not as part of the American black "brotherhood".    They normally end up hanging out with white people more than with black people.    Then again, these blacks from Africa are normally very well educated, well spoken, and from rich families or they would never be able to come to the US in the first place, so that may have a lot to do with it.

And I would say to you, that I actually know exactly what you are saying. Guys like RG3 and his generation are changing that mentality and that's why guy's like Parker want to marginalize him. Think of it this way, racist blacks ( Parker and those like him) are threatened by the change and inclusion. They are rather comfortable in the us versus them mentality.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #32 : December 14, 2012, 12:45:38 PM »

What does this have to do with the Bucs

The Red Board
 Fans come here to discuss the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the rest of the National Football League.

As far as RG III goes.......seems like a great role model for the youngsters.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #33 : December 14, 2012, 01:28:01 PM »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/espn-suspends-rob-parker-until-further-notice/

El Diablo

Starter

« #34 : December 14, 2012, 01:33:18 PM »

They should fire him and I still think they might. These guys just think they can say whatever they want and that's not the way it works in life unless you're self employed.... or rush limbaugh

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #35 : December 14, 2012, 01:43:32 PM »

They should fire him and I still think they might. These guys just think they can say whatever they want and that's not the way it works in life unless you're self employed.... or rush limbaugh

lol. With rush, he gets away with saying crazy sh*t, cause it's what his audience feeds on.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

« #36 : December 14, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »

I am a Black man and will always be proud of that fact.

This is a weird statement in and of itself.    I've never once in my life said "I'm a white man and will always be proud of that fact."     We are all whatever color we were born with.   There's no need to be "proud" or "embarrassed" by whatever race you are.    It just is.    Everyone should be proud to be their own individual person, but the color of their skin or their race should not be the focus of why they are proud.

Agreed, it would be fine to be proud of your culture, but something as broad and meaningless as skin color is just stupid, and borderline racist.

A white person living in the south would have absolutely nothing in common with an Eastern European, or middle easterner who has fair skin. Why would you be proud of having the same skin color as each other?

A black person living in the US has absolutely nothing in common with someone in Somalia, or a very dark person from India/Sri Lanka. Why would you be proud of something as meaningless as skin color?

If you're proud to be a part of American southern culture, then that's great. If you're proud about being in the culture of the majority of American black slave descendants, then that's great too.

It's just ridiculous to be proud of your skin color.

Well to sum this up, you are speaking to millions of Americans of ALL colors, when you say this. Agreed?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #37 : December 14, 2012, 02:02:18 PM »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/espn-suspends-rob-parker-until-further-notice/

I think that may be the first black guy in history who has been suspended for making racial comments.    Are times changing?    This is a very good sign if that's true.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #38 : December 14, 2012, 02:04:40 PM »

He deserved to be suspended. Those were awful things to say about a classy guy like Griffen.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 14, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »

Of course he deserves to be suspended.   But there have been many times other guys should have been suspended for things like that and they were not.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

« #40 : December 14, 2012, 02:21:57 PM »

I am a black man born in America. I have African friends who don't view me as an African. After all, I have never been to Africa, my father has never been to Africa, nor has my grandfather ever been to Africa.  See how that works? Add to that the hostility of slavery, Jim Crow and standard racism and you my understand how a unique ethnic identity would be formed.  There's a little education for you.

I have to admit I have more black friends who were literally born in Africa than I do black friends who were born in the US.    From my experience, I find blacks in the US to have a chip on their shoulder in many cases that blacks in Africa do not have.    Even though I am white, I never feel any racist hatred at all towards me when I am in Africa.   I can't say that in the US.   And I find it interesting that the black friends I do have who were originally from Africa tell me they do not feel comfortable or accepted when they are in the US and are around blacks born in the USA - because they feel they are treated not as part of the American black "brotherhood".    They normally end up hanging out with white people more than with black people.    Then again, these blacks from Africa are normally very well educated, well spoken, and from rich families or they would never be able to come to the US in the first place, so that may have a lot to do with it.

You my friend are really clueless, classless, and a troublemaker. I still love you though ;D

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #41 : December 14, 2012, 02:23:17 PM »

The guy is an idiot and deserves what he gets. This is 2012/13 and if RG3 wants to do his thing, so be it. Dating a white girl doen't make you an Uncle Tom.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #42 : December 14, 2012, 02:29:21 PM »

Parker is a playa hata.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #43 : December 14, 2012, 02:30:36 PM »

Of course he deserves to be suspended.   But there have been many times other guys should have been suspended for things like that and they were not.

That I can agree with.

Besides, what right does he have to tell other people how to live? There are plenty of "white" guys that have lost their own history and act, for lack of a better word... getto but I honestly could care less. If that's the way they want to live, who am I to correct them?

What makes you a "real" black person? What makes you a "real" Latino? What makes a "real" white? As far as I'm concerned, we're all Americans.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #44 : December 14, 2012, 02:32:32 PM »

Jesus was a black man.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN fires Rob Parker « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools