Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN fires Rob Parker « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #60 : December 14, 2012, 07:47:53 PM »

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/espn_analyst_suspended_over_controversial_rg3_comments/12430426

Suspended only?  I was hoping for worse.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #61 : December 14, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »

Watching it today makes me see this guy as more of a dumbass. Amazing some of the things that come from people's mouths.... or thru the keyboard.

-------------------------------------------------------

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #62 : December 15, 2012, 12:05:41 AM »

Watching it today makes me see this guy as more of a dumbass. .

It took you this long to figure out that he's a dumbass racist?   

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #63 : December 15, 2012, 12:19:36 AM »

Watching it today makes me see this guy as more of a dumbass. .

It took you this long to figure out that he's a dumbass racist?   

Are you really this stupid... or is this just your internet persona?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #64 : December 15, 2012, 12:23:50 AM »

It took the average person 10 seconds to figure out that guy is a racist dumbass.   

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #65 : December 15, 2012, 01:46:38 AM »

It took the average person 10 seconds to figure out that guy is a racist dumbass.

Still better to hear things in total context.......no?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

blountforcetrauma

Rookie

« #66 : December 15, 2012, 08:26:15 AM »

I'm a pure mutt ( black, Irish, Creole, Indian) but I've been well aware growing up with the biggest racism I'v seen came not from white on black but black on black racist and prejudiced remarks. Parker's spew is nothing new. I've heard it before / I've EXPERIENCED it before personally being called "not black enough" .
Rob Parkers spew opened some old wounds. My parents were uncommon being biracial during the late 50's/60's when it wasn't acceptable (and apparently still not acceptable to muttonheads like Parker) To idiots like him, and others, to be a "real black" is to speak ebonics, hate white people, and live and act every stereotype painted on blacks. Thankfully, my mother (who was black) never believed that crap. She raised my brother and I to broaden our minds to exerience everything and exposed us to all sports, art, music and let us find our interests and supported them all (granted I'm sure she had second thoughts when I discovered the drums, but that's why earmuffs were invented for hehe)
To counter everything that idiot parker said, I refer to (paraphrased) from the great play "A soldier's Tale" brought to screen with Adolph Ceaser , Howard Rollins and Denzel Washington ; "If you don't think like a (unaccepable derogative term for african americans) or act like a  (unaccepable derogative term for african americans), people won't TREAT you like a  (unaccepable derogative term for african americans).
My mom said it best; "Act your age, not your color"

I\'d rather shower at Penn State than root for Florida State

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #67 : December 15, 2012, 08:41:16 AM »

I hate all people equally.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #68 : December 15, 2012, 09:08:51 AM »

I am a proud AngloSaxon/Italian/Jewish/Buddhist/straight old lady from NJ/NY/GA/ALA/MISS/PARIS/INDIA/TX/OK/LA and many other parts.  I own all my stupid mistakes of a lifetime.  I am proud of all my family going back in time and to the present. Grateful beyond words for those who choose to be my friend.  Proud I read some books and went to school.  And lucky as hell to be alive in such interesting times.

I would hope we are all proud of who and what we are in the here and now.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

« #69 : December 15, 2012, 09:42:06 AM »

I am a proud AngloSaxon/Italian/Jewish/Buddhist/straight old lady from NJ/NY/GA/ALA/MISS/PARIS/INDIA/TX/OK/LA and many other parts.  I own all my stupid mistakes of a lifetime.  I am proud of all my family going back in time and to the present. Grateful beyond words for those who choose to be my friend.  Proud I read some books and went to school.  And lucky as hell to be alive in such interesting times.

I would hope we are all proud of who and what we are in the here and now.

This is very cool post and I like it, thanks!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #70 : December 15, 2012, 09:47:37 AM »

I am an Irish Catholic from Philly, moved here in 92. Bucs fan since. Married abeautiful African American lady in 1975. Have 5 gown/married children with 21 grandchildren of all ages and colors. As a family, we have always given respect and gotten respect. All of our friends tend to be of various ethnicities and socio-economic backgrounds. As a family, we are all comfortable in our skin, no mattter what shade and don't really think about color. We are all aware of issues on both sides but as a general statement, it has been my and our experience that most people don't give a rats ass about color as they are too busy trying to make a living and raise a decent family. Most people are good people and the small percentage that make asinine comments tend to get picked up by the media and they run with it to sell advertising. Is there still prejudice in America, you bet. Is is as big as we are led to believe, not even close. So like a fender bender car accident, nothing to see, move along and enjoy your family in light of the murders in Connecticut. God bless those beautiful innocent children and fallen teachers, as well as their devastated family & friends. My prayers go out to them all.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #71 : December 15, 2012, 10:50:44 AM »

I am an Irish Catholic from Philly, moved here in 92. Bucs fan since. Married abeautiful African American lady in 1975. Have 5 gown/married children with 21 grandchildren of all ages and colors. As a family, we have always given respect and gotten respect. All of our friends tend to be of various ethnicities and socio-economic backgrounds. As a family, we are all comfortable in our skin, no mattter what shade and don't really think about color. We are all aware of issues on both sides but as a general statement, it has been my and our experience that most people don't give a rats ass about color as they are too busy trying to make a living and raise a decent family. Most people are good people and the small percentage that make asinine comments tend to get picked up by the media and they run with it to sell advertising. Is there still prejudice in America, you bet. Is is as big as we are led to believe, not even close. So like a fender bender car accident, nothing to see, move along and enjoy your family in light of the murders in Connecticut. God bless those beautiful innocent children and fallen teachers, as well as their devastated family & friends. My prayers go out to them all.

Love it....and you're right, most don't give a sh*t about ones skin color. Diversity broadens horizons. Unfortunately, many still do.... on both sides, as evidenced in this thread. Its unfortunate.

What a concept!!
« : December 15, 2012, 10:53:38 AM Hate »

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #72 : December 15, 2012, 11:43:40 AM »

Love it....and you're right, most don't give a sh*t about ones skin color. Diversity broadens horizons. Unfortunately, many still do.... on both sides, as evidenced in this thread. Its unfortunate.

What a concept!!

Skip, the fundamental issue for me is yes, there is prejudice in this world and it is unfortunate. To what degree, who really knows. I have had the benefit of living in Brazil, Mexico, working many years there as well as Canada and Europe. Unfortunalety, prejudice or feeling superior is a human condition for some. In order to feel better about themselves, they look down on others but at the end of the day, IMHO and personal experience it's a very small number, as I believe in the goodness of mankind. I am not one who looks at life through rose colored glasses but my opinion is based on many years of experience. Here's a quick story. MLK was assisanated April 15, 1968. In  June, 3 months later, 15 basketball players, including myself, went to college, were all from inner city, ethnic neighborhoods, all of us economically disadvantaged and would fight at the drop of a hat. Turbulent times to be sure. We all learnd to play ball together, live together and stayed together fin the same dorm, same floor, as roomates for all 4 years. Two of the guys went on to successful NBA careers, each playing 13 years. We all got married, had families and successful careers. Fast forward to today, we all talk on the phone every week, send tons of emails and see each other once a year in Las Vegas and back at school. Each email and each phone call ends with the same  words, I love ya and these guys are the most important part of my life, after my family. This has formed the basis for my adult life and foundation for my family. As MLK said, we judge people by the content of their character and not thee color of their skin. I fell sorry for those that have not had the pleasure of such an experience and have had prejudice, bigotry and hate in their lives. Tough existence.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #73 : December 15, 2012, 11:50:44 AM »

So if a black man wears cowboy boots, he's not really black? ..Am I missing something here?

It depends on where he's wearing them. If he's wearing them at an inner city club, then no. If he's wearing them at a rural good ole' boys bar, then yeah, I'd say he'd be black then.

I kid. Well, sorta...

blountforcetrauma

Rookie

« #74 : December 15, 2012, 01:06:19 PM »

The only racial hangup I have is, I'm a motorcycle enthusiast ( getting a Harley is on my bucketlist ) and at times, I've seen several black Harley riders with their handlebars raised up ( in what I've read is called "riding ape" and always wondered if these riders knew that terminology? Seems self insulting...

I\'d rather shower at Penn State than root for Florida State
  Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN fires Rob Parker « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools